Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

Falksi

Arcane
Both Boarderlands games are fucking awful.

Horrible, shallow, lazy, peices of shit which are soley geared for the retarded.

"Here's some big numbers and loot and stuff!" Fucking wank.

Terminate with Extreme Prejudice :flamesaw:

Beastro

Arcane
Borderlands 1 was like some really fucked up, yet tasty fast food you tried once, but once you eat it a few times you realize how shitty it makes you feel afterwards.

I realized that trying out the second one and that it shouldn't have been made into a series.

Gerrard

Arcane
Borderlands 2 could've been to 1 what Diablo 2 was to Diablo, if the people making it actually played some fucking games (and weren't cucks).
Instead, it went straight to Diablo 3.

RapineDel

Augur
The only reason Borderlands 1 was a success is because it worked well on console and during that era there wasn't much else like it you could get working with co op/online. It's a repetitive single player mmo and the only reason they're making a third is because they've had a string of failures and it screams of desperation.

3 probably won't bomb because of the name but expect it to be the last int he franchise as they've had competition since then even the morons will see the light like they did with fo76 and see that the franchise is highly generic and nothing special.

Gregz

Arcane
If there's one game the Codex hates, but I love, it's Borderlands.
Surprised you think this, markec summed up what seems to be the Codex consensus on the series.

I explicitly stated that my opinion is well outside of the KKK. The first one (plus DLCs) is a lot of fun. I don't care for BL2 or the others.

I'm also surprised you can be optimistic for the 3rd though, based on the DLCs for 2 Gearbox learned exactly the wrong lessons regarding what are Borderlands' good vs bad points

Sadly I agree with you, but one can hope.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Borderlands 1 is a fun game although a bit boring if played solo, Borderlands 2 is far worse then the first and only playable with friends, Presequel is just a complete garbage.
I would put the presequel way above the second by far.

No slag,better loot,jet pack make for better game play.
Unfortunately it has the same horrible humor, and a severe lack of content compared to the second.
Also the grinder loot implementation is a complete failure.

And the classes are personally much better handled then in the second,i don't think there is anything like the claptrap class in the second ggameplay wise.

To me Presequel repeats the mistakes of the second game while adding new ones.

The biggest problem of the game is the air management, I really dont understand whose genius idea was to add that feature. Here I was killing stuff and having fun when suddenly Im out of air and have to disengage and backtrack to a air vent to replenish air reserve, it just kills the pacing of the combat.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
, everything is
rating_shit.png

I wish they give more than 1 gimmick per character.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
It's gonna be like Destiny, let's be serious
With Battleborn they tried to go toe-to-toe with other big boy developers and ate shit.
People are already feeling fatigue with all these crappy Games as a Service failures, sticking to their guns and refining the 4-player co-op experience is the safer bet here.

Codex Year of the Donut
"games as a service" is a stupid ass term, we've had online-only games for decades.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom