Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Come on , Epic-shill, it's common knowledge everything makes more money on EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCZZZZZZZZ!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This game is out on Steam, if anyone cares.

247k concurrent players would make it the #5 biggest singleplayer launch in PC history.

No doubt it would have sold better on Steam, but for a fledgling storefront it's incredible.

We just got the launch weekend peak player number for delayed Steam release, 93,820.

(Another fun number: Borderlands 3 has only 37,852 followers on Steam, lower than the Ori game (60,483) and Outer Worlds (118,762). I suppose this is largely because they opened Steam page only few weeks before the release though.)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
They released patch for that. And yeah it was issue with texture streaming, when you looked through scope textures would reload in distance often causing stutter.

Overall it is Unreal Engine 4 game. You can create indies on that engine but anything more compex and it shits the bed.
X-com 2 is another example of that.

Don't know why you're being attacked for this, it's true. Every single big UE4 game has texture-streaming and related stutter issues.

Perkel

Arcane
They added skip button for cutscenes ! So you can skip horrid story and just focus on shooting.
Probably will play it again in few days when my new internet will be set up. Can't wait for 1Gbit/s.

Will be trying it in VR with VorpX i heard it has great support.

DeepOcean

Arcane
https://www.change.org/p/gearbox-software-save-maya-borderlands-3

Save Maya.

We want GearBox to ret-con their god damned shit story.
Man, I got curious when I saw some video on youtube about how the Borderlands 3 story was awful, my God, how a human being could write that humongous pile of shiet? It is so bad that on the youtube comments, even Gearbox fanboys were having orgasms of imagining murdering the new characters Gearbox made.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Couldn't give less of a shit about Borderlands story, but a petition to change another peerson's writing and story is lame as fuck.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
One comment from a borderlands 3 review that stuck with me and I wish I screencrapped it, had the journo gushing over ava, how she was a strong female character full of likeability who the player will feel invested in and is destined to become the new fan favorite.

I remember at the time thinking if game journos like this character so much, it must be the most annoying brat of a character, and it turned out to a safe prediction, with everyone who isnt a journo hating the fuck outta her. If anyone can remember which mainstream review site that was i’d appreciate it.

But yeah I feel you kruno, no one’s waifu deserves to die because of such a character.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Handsome Jack(TPS+2) is fairly well written to be honest. He has a nice character progression arc(nobody -> Hero, if a bit insane -> Jack "dies", becoming Handsome Jack)
Pretty much everything else is shit, I'll agree.

I only played the first one, looter shooters aren't my thing. I remember thinking it was sometimes a bit amusing but that's it. My point is just that no matter what you think of it, an online petition for them to change their story is a huge "I'm lame and have whacked out life priorities" sign around your neck.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Couldn't give less of a shit about Borderlands story,
Handsome Jack(TPS+2) is fairly well written to be honest. He has a nice character progression arc(nobody -> Hero, if a bit insane -> Jack "dies", becoming Handsome Jack)
Pretty much everything else is shit, I'll agree.

Eh, I still maintain that Handsome Jack's dialogue wouldn't have been that well received if it weren't for Damian Clark's performance. If you read his lines they're actually kind of shit, and the TPS lore dump about him feels like a retcon to make him more of a character due to his popularity, which is why the main cast in that game are basically nobodies. Well, even bigger nobodies than borderlands 2 anyway.

Also, Tiny Tina is overrated cancer that appeals to the man-child / woman-child demographic.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Can't wait to buy it for $10 with all the DLC included and then never play it, just like the last two!

Borderlands 1 is actually quite good.

Borderlands 1 is pretty chill. Its not as obnoxious and in your face as the later games, and some of the jokes are actually pretty good.
The mechanics are a bit clunky, but at least the loot and leveling system is good, with enemies dropping what they wield and weapons still being viable even if they are 10 levels or so underleveled, as opposed to Borderlands 2 where everything is a random drop and weapons quickly become useless after like 2 levels.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Can't wait to buy it for $10 with all the DLC included and then never play it, just like the last two!

Borderlands 1 is actually quite good.

Borderlands 1 is pretty chill. Its not as obnoxious and in your face as the later games, and some of the jokes are actually pretty good.
The mechanics are a bit clunky, but at least the loot and leveling system is good, with enemies dropping what they wield and weapons still being viable even if they are 10 levels or so underleveled, as opposed to Borderlands 2 where everything is a random drop and weapons quickly become useless after like 2 levels.
Plus no slag,never forgive gearbox for that abomination.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, slag was stupid, and they made the balance complete nonsense because if it. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode in Borderlands 2 is basically unplayable because you need slag if you actually want to deal some damage, and having to switch to a shitty pistol to apply slag and switch to another gun every few seconds is annoying as hell.

TPS balanced it better. TPS isn't actually bad in terms of mechanics, its just there's no content and the humor is somehow worse.
Its basically the Dark Souls 2 of the Borderlands series in terms of reception, except Dark Souls 2 actually has a respectable amount of content and an endgame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom