Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Bored's Tale : Balls Deep

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Seriously, no free saves? Can't be real.

I know I have a less than cutting edge machine, but the Nintendo 64 quality 3D and 8 fps just turned me off to this dreck.

I managed to get a decent frame rate by only looking at walls and I discovered the combat is awful. The dialogue is puerile and the story nonexistent. The music was pretty good but that's all I found bearable.

Original Bard's Tale trilogy is much, much better than this.

Remember, one man created Grimoire with his own money. This Kickstarter funded cash pit had a team of dozens of people with a million and a half dollars to burn and a huge legacy to draw upon.

The new TOMB OF DOOM in Grimoire V2 blows this entire game away.

Jinn

Arcane
How's the manual and improved inventory coming, Cleve? Would gladly be playing Grimoire right now with these two vital aspects delivered.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm sad that it seems to be shit but on the plus side, this makes me look forward a lot more to that bards tale remastered trilogy that came out on GOG.

Jinn

Arcane
Middle Fucking Finger

What's the problem man? Legitimate question. I'd like to know where the manual is to the game I bought about a year ago now for $50. Also, I need a functional inventory so I don't waste hours trying to organize a small bar at the bottom of my screen.

Seriously, Cleve. This is not a troll post. I just want a ballpark answer.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Middle Fucking Finger

What's the problem man? Legitimate question. I'd like to know where the manual is to the game I bought about a year ago now for $50. Also, I need a functional inventory so I don't waste hours trying to organize a small bar at the bottom of my screen.

Seriously, Cleve. This is not a troll post. I just want a ballpark answer.

UP YOURS because if you really were a Grimoire fan you'd know the manual will be out next Friday

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Cleve, don't forget that they actually poured 10 million total into BT4. Those Nintendo 64 textures don't come cheap!

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I wish idiots wouldn't use "Nintendo 64" graphics to criticize a game, it is beyond retarded. Does any of you actually remember how ugly N64 graphics really were? For all its faults, the new bard's tale is looking at least like an early PS3 game or even better. And if that makes you hate the game, then you are a graphics whore, which begs the question what the fuck you are doing here.

Tigranes

Arcane
Does it really matter whether you call a butt fugly game "Nintendo 64" or "Sega Genesis" though

Fugly graphics are never a dealbreaker, but BT4 looks not only fugly but clunky, slow and laborious. Even that's not a dealbreaker, I stuck by Gothic 3 at v1.0, but the question is whether BT4 has enough gems to cover up the flaws.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Does it really matter whether you call a butt fugly game "Nintendo 64" or "Sega Genesis" though

Fugly graphics are never a dealbreaker, but BT4 looks not only fugly but clunky, slow and laborious. Even that's not a dealbreaker, I stuck by Gothic 3 at v1.0, but the question is whether BT4 has enough gems to cover up the flaws.

BT4 looks much better than many so called "incline" unity shite people keep praising on the forums... Agree on clunky though.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Calm down roqua. I also think most N64 games look better than BT4.
Yeah, wtf is this N64 bashing?

Many N64 games looked great and obviously had a lot of thought put into the art style.
Just recently played Turok again (the remake for PC). Just wonderful.

Of course it had low-res textures and models, but I don't care as long as the art is consistent.
I'd rather have a great new game with consistent Daggerfall graphics than a mediocre one with mediocre "modern" graphics. The latter also has the downside that many developers forgot what optimization is and thus runs like shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom