Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Boxart. Name your favourite.

Beastro

Arcane
Koei always had great covers, I forgot about em.

serveimage

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Always liked the box art of SotSB. All the Gold Box games have good box art, but this is my favourite:
139760-secret-of-the-silver-blades-dos-front-cover.png

I think it might have been the cover of some D&D novel before it was cover art, but I'm not sure.
However, there can only be one all-time best, and there's no doubt in my mind as to which that is. I'm sure it's been posted before, but it bears reposting:
blog-0244395001329873390.jpg

How evocative is that? Just brilliant.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Always liked the box art of SotSB. All the Gold Box games have good box art, but this is my favourite:
139760-secret-of-the-silver-blades-dos-front-cover.png

I think it might have been the cover of some D&D novel before it was cover art, but I'm not sure.
That Larry Elmore illustration first appeared as the cover of FR5 The Savage Frontier in 1988, and was re-used by TSR as a black-and-white interior illustration for FR14 The Great Glacier, an interior color illustration for the Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, and a booklet cover for The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier. +M

hZTE1Eo.jpg

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That Larry Elmore illustration first appeared as the cover of FR5 The Savage Frontier in 1988, and was re-used by TSR as a black-and-white interior illustration for FR14 The Great Glacier, an interior color illustration for the Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, and a booklet cover for The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier. +M
Ah, I was kind of hoping some D&D nerd would come out of the woodwork and clear things up. Well, I have my new desktop background. Thanks! :bro:

... but why are all the horses staring at me? What do they know?:argh:

Last edited:

disposable

Novice
Everything's different except for Yamato. How Japanese.

There's also Mogami and... Kagero maybe?
Plus Me 262 and 193, He 219, Vought XF5U. One of the gyrodynes looks similar to Ka-22. Small sub looks like a cartoon Typhoon. I don't know about the rest, some of them might be based on real things too.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Isn't there another thread just like this?

Can't find my Dune box anymore.

24591_boxshot_1.jpg

XzRMf7K.jpg

vb5g3fh.jpg

Looking at these, I seem to like black boxes an awful lot.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
latest

I had this game on the PC in a time when I had to use the keyboard to play it.

Abe%27sOddyseeBoxart.jpg

This is one of my favorite worlds in gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom