Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Boxart. Name your favourite.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
While I love the idea of this thread, I fail to see the usefulness of necroing an old thread a good chunk of the image links are broken.

Luzur

Good Sir
1-MM1-0000.jpg

front.jpg

tumblr_m0ugkq1rLb1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

608848-564552_45676_front_1_.jpg

94145-Might_And_Magic_5_Darkside_Of_Xeen_(1993)(New_World_Computing_Inc)-1.jpg

naturally.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
While I love the idea of this thread, I fail to see the usefulness of necroing an old thread a good chunk of the image links are broken.

This.
Also I fail to see the usefulness since everybody evidently misunderstood the point and is posting their favourite games instead of great boxarts. Because, frankly, most of the stuff here is pretty terrible (except Betrayal of Krondor obviously).

Luzur

Good Sir
those box arts are my favourites, of course i could repost Albion and Daggerfall, but those have already been posted.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
Thread winner incoming... 'cause the movie poster designs perfectly frame the games as movies/crpgs:

kotor_cover.jpg

Though, the second game's cover definitely looks more typical video-gamish advertising fare (They could have at least shrunk the obnoxiously huge font size):

kotor2cover.jpg

However, both have that annoying "OF THE..." graphics serving as eyesores of pointless space-filler.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Might & Magic ones look like Iron Maiden album covers :P

PS. I necroe'd this thread because it was referenced somewhere, and I thought it interesting enough to bring back up.

hydd

Stonekeep_box.jpg

Stonekeep. This box art has a special place in my life. I'm sure some of you even remember the box itself.

Might-and-Magic-6-by-Larry-Elmore-468.jpg

Might and Magic 6. One of my very favorite Elmore prints. (I've got it hanging up in my living room)
pic-1.jpg

CD Art is fun too. The girlfriend made this for me about 2 years ago. These aren't my favorite games as most of my prized game boxes are on a separate display. Nonetheless, I'm proud to hang this.

Luzur

Good Sir
pic-1.jpg

CD Art is fun too. The girlfriend made this for me about 2 years ago. These aren't my favorite games as most of my prized game boxes are on a separate display. Nonetheless, I'm proud to hang this.

so she broke some 30+ CD's and framed it? well as long as they are modern games..

hydd

Might-and-Magic-6-by-Larry-Elmore-468.jpg

Might and Magic 6. One of my very favorite Elmore prints. (I've got it hanging up in my living room)

:bro:

That Stonekeep box is terrible though.

Each to their own! I really enjoyed the psuedo-3D holygraphic effect the box had. Although, it's very likely I was so drawn to it because I was a prepubescent boy with a love for shiny, gimmicky things.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That Stonekeep box is terrible though.

As opposed to Oblivion and Skyrim?

What the fuck is even your point?

No you're absolutelly right, Stonekeep box is beautiful, stylish, hand painted work of art, whereas Oblivion/Skyrim box is ugly-ass tasteless amateur rendered piece of shit.
What other fucking point could there possibly be?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No you're absolutelly right, Stonekeep box is beautiful, stylish, hand painted work of art, whereas Oblivion/Skyrim box is ugly-ass tasteless amateur rendered piece of shit.
What other fucking point could there possibly be?

Skyrim cover is a bunch of generic looking snowy mountains.

Oblivion is a symbol on white/yellow background.

BEAUTIFUL AND EXCITING AS FUK.

BRB, GONNA BITCH A BIT ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS BEING TOTAL SHIT TOO WHILE DROPPING MASTERPIECES SUCH AS:

2545.jpg

Dragons-Age-2-BoxArt.jpg

662986456776158.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
BRB, GONNA BITCH A BIT ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS BEING TOTAL SHIT TOO WHILE DROPPING MASTERPIECES SUCH AS:

Oh I'm up for this one :bounce: here we go:
Sacred is a symbol on a white background.
Dragon Age 2 is...pretty good actually.
NWN - are you kidding me?

Nah, bored already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom