Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Boxart. Name your favourite.

Gregz

Arcane
Might-and-Magic-6-by-Larry-Elmore-468.jpg

Might and Magic 6. One of my very favorite Elmore prints. (I've got it hanging up in my living room)
:love:

:bro:

Elmore is my favorite fantasy artist of evar.

Saw him at a Dragon*Con panel in '91, very humble cool dude. He even looks like a dwarf, which is a bonus (hopefully he'll live longer with the +1 CON).

Here, he is BROfisting like a BOSS

elmore.png

hydd

Might-and-Magic-6-by-Larry-Elmore-468.jpg

Might and Magic 6. One of my very favorite Elmore prints. (I've got it hanging up in my living room)
:love:

:bro:

Elmore is my favorite fantasy artist of evar.

Saw him at a Dragon*Con panel in '91, very humble cool dude. He even looks like a dwarf, which is a bonus (hopefully he'll live longer with the +1 CON).

Here, he is BROfisting like a BOSS

elmore.png

Did you participate in his Kickstarter? Cannot wait to get my art book!

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I probably like Ultima V's the best. So ominous. So detailed. So simple. I love it. Really set the mood nicely for the game.

Ultima5box.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
While looking at amiga box covers on exotica i found a photo of Radisshu dad (click on the name to see avatar)
GraffitiMan.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We don't get covers like that anymore. Nowadays a cover is exactly like a film poster unless it's a 'special' edition, and then it's also either still tacky somehow, or so overbearing and ironic/selfware (like that deus ex hr cover above, golden age hurdurr) that it really spoils things.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The broken CD picture frame is great.

To awesome it up even more, get a bronze name plate at the bottom of the frame that titles the piece "RAGE QUIT"

:)

Zep--

circ

Arcane
This kind of just turned into awesome 80's boxart from any genre. But seriously, anything back then was imaginative even if they just licensed fantasy art. Special mention to Ultimas, already posted.

Jashiin

Arcane
466px-ChaosEngine.jpg

Dune2.jpg

Flashback.jpg

478px-Frontier.jpg

There is something about these boxes. When I got these I knew I was in for a treat. They looked grand. Magical worlds awaited... Opening these boxes, finding the disks, the manual... Last time I had that unboxing feeling was Torment I think.

Fuck dvd cases and their killing of manuals :x

I forgot how awesome Betrayal at Krondor's box art was, I should go find it in the attic and frame that shit.

I liked these as well.
995054_165379_front.jpg

j5QOM.jpg

thewitcher_cover.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom