Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breath of the Wild emulation?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Can someone please explain, for dummies, how to play this with the Steam Controller? What apps do I need, how do I do it, etc.? Thank you in advance!

Deleted Member 16721

Birdman, I downloaded it but it's a bunch of .r files. .r00, .r01, etc.. I tried taking the folder and creating an .ISO file but it wasn't recognized by CEMU. What do I do with those files to get it working?

Deleted Member 16721

BotW is an RPG. I figured it out, it works fine. Had to unpack the .mud or whatever. Interested in trying it to see the open world they crafted.

Yosharian

Arcane
I have played BotW in Ultrawide at 100+FPS using CEMU. So it definitely works. Not using a Steam controller though. Just a basic controller. No idea why you want to use that controller specifically. Early versions had massive stuttering problems but they ironed that shit out and it flowed like butter for me. You need a beefy rig though.

Deleted Member 16721

I've got a beefy rig, should be able to handle it. I'm still playing Fallout 4 and ESO so I'm not sure a Fluent Plays thread is in order yet for BotW. Maybe soon though. :)

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Children, don't do what I have done. I tried to play every single quest and side mission in order in BotW, and I completely lost my will to continue... and I was only about half-finished and 100 hours in. Pick & choose your jRPG quest candy wisely. Otherwise, a fantastic game that I regret that I played wrong... just... wrong.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The more you treat it as freeform exploration, the better game it is, and the more you treat it as OCD box-ticking, the more soulcrushing it will be.

Fluent forget the Steam Controller. Watch the youtube guide, it shows you how to use vJoy to contorl the game with mouse and keyboard. More precise controls than any shitty controller by far.

BotW is kind of an RPG, at least as much as Skyrim/Witcher/etc. Amazing game. Unlike the shit you ve been recently playing (like Fallout 4, Kangmaker, Kenshi, etc), this is a true masterpiece. Enjoy.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Children, don't do what I have done. I tried to play every single quest and side mission in order in BotW, and I completely lost my will to continue... and I was only about half-finished and 100 hours in. Pick & choose your jRPG quest candy wisely. Otherwise, a fantastic game that I regret that I played wrong... just... wrong.

Wow. You just had to stick with the main quest man. The side quest are quite clearly busy-work FedEx shit.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The more you treat it as freeform exploration, the better game it is, and the more you treat it as OCD box-ticking, the more soulcrushing it will be.

My problem was that I found it such an interesting and enthralling game (loved those physics puzzles) that I didn't want to miss a single quest. But yeah, not the way to play a loooong open world game of this scale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom