Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Brian Fargo announces Bard's Tale IV at PAX South

Alchemist

Arcane
So what? That's one deluded poster like you who actually thought Fargo meant the game would be like Hearthstone. There's been no official statement that it's going to be card-game based.

Athelas

Arcane
Uh, I was being semi-sarcastic with my previous posts. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Regardless, the only things we have to go on is Unity and Hearthstone being mentioned (and it doesn't have to be a card game for Hearthstone to serve as inspiration). These things have been discussed at length already.

Alchemist

Arcane
Fair enough - sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes and some people here really did think it was going to be a card game.

Darkzone

Arcane
The problem was the combat in Bard's Tale series was quite minimalistic, therefore they have to improve on that fact, but the question is how. I would prefer a interesting phase based approach, but i doubt that they can manage it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The "card game mechanics" could be as simple as displaying enemies as upright playing cards instead of sprites. Although I hope we'll get more than that.

A user named cat

I'd rather just play Culdcept. Gawd I love that game.
Was just playing that for a bit in PCSX2. Pretty addicting.

UG6cGkI.jpg

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why didn't Phantasmal brofist Jaesun for his last post?

Seems like an oversight.
Now I can't brofist him out of spite for your pointless observation. Way to go, you upset the balance.
You upset the balance first by failing to brofist him. My post changed nothing. I appreciate your spite though, but the brofist I would have spent appreciating it has to be spent on Jaesun instead to make things right. Therefore, in your own way you have fulfilled the prophecy of Jaesun's brofist. Let us all wander back in time now.....

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, Fargo is true to his principles, I guess. Maybe their design shortcomings on WL2 gave them the wisdom to make a flipping good game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom