Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Brian Fargo interviewed by GamerHub.TV (OMG Wasteland 2 gameplay footage!)

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

The folks at GamerHub.TV conducted a short interview with a rather tired-looking Brian Fargo. Apparently it's the first of a three part series:

There's nothing much new here, but the video does contain some interesting footage taken from within inXile, including several glimpses of what appears to be a running Wasteland 2 development build!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Bony Learned Queued

Bony
    When Fargo talks about 'rpgs' the guy in the backgroud from the company is playing Guild wars 2 or WoW.

[​IMG]

Is this an indication of where Wasteland 2 is going? How do you feel now backers knowing that you are funding decline? :troll:

^ Top  
  3. Lancehead Liturgist

Lancehead
    Assuming this is Wasteland 2, lots of green:

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  4. Bony Learned Queued

Bony
    Are they sitting in dark rooms on purpose to simulate the feel of 'how typical rpg basement dweller feels' while playing his rpgs for 7th time ? Or is it Fargos order to simulate the physical conditions and implications of living in a vault? Or did they just spend all your muniez on hookers and booze and they didn't pay the electricity bill ? It is a mystery.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    There's a flaw in your reasoning, young one.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. G.O.D Cipher Patron

G.O.D
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    I suppose that's what gazing into blinking lights all day does to your mental health.

As for the video, indeed more of the same good stuff.

:greatjob:

I'm not concerned at all. This will be great.

^ Top  
  7. Sul Savant

Sul
    Yeah, by the concept arts seems like we will have greener environments.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  8. Alex_Steel Arcane Patron

Alex_Steel
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Chernobyl, so fucking green!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Wasteland 2 will be grimdark. And the employees of InXile became vampires.

^ Top  
  10. Lancehead Liturgist

Lancehead
    The green in the video looks way different. It doesn't have the sort of "stained" look, but instead looks lush, like something picked out of Far Cry.

^ Top  
  11. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    If anyone takes care to read into what actually happens in post-apoc areas, they'll know that Mother Nature takes over in a big way. If the area was forested at some point in the past, no matter how long ago, it'll probably return to that state. Western Europe, for example, will almost entirely be covered by the old primeval forest (which, right now, only remains in places like Ukraine and Belarus). I recommend the book, "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman.

Of course the desert will probably still be desert, but I'm tired of games making out that the entire world turns into brown wasteland.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The green actually reminded me of the first couple of towns in The Bard's Tale:
    [​IMG]

But, this is a development build with no post-processing effects yadda yadda

^ Top  
  13. Alex_Steel Arcane Patron

Alex_Steel
    ^ Top  
  14. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Wasteland 2 will have deserts too and the cityscapes are at least less "bright", but yes, lots of green in this game.

Did you guys notice you can see the game's GUI at 2:35?

^ Top  
  15. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    Nothing really new here. But it would be interesting to see other parts of this interview. I hope this is not the "big info reveal" they said to take place in January. Cause this doesn't show much.

^ Top  
  16. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Have you heard of lens filters and photoshopping, a la those Chernobyl pics, bro? No?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Yes. Are those stance selection buttons on the bottom left side?

^ Top  
  18. Lancehead Liturgist

Lancehead
    Yes? That doesn't change the fact that I don't like the look of grass at the moment in its early development phase.

^ Top  
  19. Alex_Steel Arcane Patron

Alex_Steel
    If you check the link I posted, you will see a better representation of the colour green, without photoshop filters. Far Cry: Chernobyl. ;)

^ Top  
  20. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Oh no!

Probably! I mean of course! Why wouldn't it be?

Oh my gosh so sad!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. gaudaost Arcane

gaudaost
    Green is the new brown.

^ Top  
  22. dibens as seen on shoutbox Patron

dibens
    They just want the eyes to get used to all the green they'll earn from the game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    [​IMG]

I am not certain I like that interface. Portraits on top-left is a fucking abomination. They should be at the bottom-center, between the buttons on bottom-left and what is possibly the text feedback on bottom-right.

Also, fuck perspective camera. Where is my orthographic projection, Fargo?

edit: and the fucking mini-map. Fuck that shit.

edit2: either they haven't implemented a grid yet or game will be grid-free like in TOEE. I wouldn't know what to make of that if that is the case. I love my grids. I love that boardgame feel.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    You mean "TITTY angles"? :M

^ Top  
  25. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    At least it's a 3D game so you can set the angle to your liking and maybe even change FOV to a low amount to make it look more like an orthographic projection (eg. Chaos Chronicles). With PE, you will be stuck with whatever shitty (or non-shitty) angle they decide on.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)