Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
The description sounds awesome to me, but the graphics are just too garbage. I'd rather play a text adventure

pm_675

Arbiter
Yes, bitches. Panama is complete on Steam.

Also, I will have had the new project started by New Year's, which is possessive because it crushes your otherwise logical mind with socially-imposed dates and numbers which have no objective meaning.

DOWNLOAD PANAMA, BITCHES!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/709830/Brigand_Panama/

So, I have a doubt. The DLC is a new story, start a new character and a new adventure, right? But do the new features like new items and baddies appear in the base game too?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i asked brian on steam if he would be cool with me making a firearm sound pack for brigand in order to improve the .wav files for the guns and he was like 'fuck yeah'. now, i'm kinda in-between doing translation work for STALKER mods and trying to keep up my math studies, but i'm gonna try to stoke myself to finish it soon and present it to him

i bought a firearm foley library a few years back, so that's where that idea came from

Deleted Member 16721

This looks and sounds great. I love these hugely ambitious indie projects like Kenshi and the like.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, this game truly looks like dogshit. Impressive. Gameplay looks good though.

That and the subject matter makes it a good candidate for someone like SsethTzeentach to review (or stream, as he occasionally does nowadays) it into a nice fat sales surge. Keep it up and you'll be wealthy.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Wow, this game truly looks like dogshit. Impressive. Gameplay looks good though.

That and the subject matter makes it a good candidate for someone like SsethTzeentach to review (or stream, as he occasionally does nowadays) it into a nice fat sales surge. Keep it up and you'll be wealthy.

i think the low-fidelity 3D visuals add a ton of charm to the game - it resembles something a bunch of crazed ukrainians would make with insane ambition ala deep shadows or gsc game world, but with no regard for visual fidelity. that's fine in my book

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
i think the low-fidelity 3D visuals add a ton of charm to the game - it resembles something a bunch of crazed ukrainians would make with insane ambition ala deep shadows or gsc game world, but with no regard for visual fidelity. that's fine in my book

It's fine, I only called it dogshit because I enjoy using the word where appropriate.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
here we fucking go. wish me luck. i've just finished a set of sounds for the shotgun:

Q7Jp3jP.png

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
since i cannot edit my post: i've made a bunch of .wav files and tested them ingame, but they're extremely quiet. i talked about it with brian on steam and he said he'll look into it. one other solution is to make them insanely loud in audacity, but they just sound weird ingame if i do that

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Probably fixable by getting rid of low end/useless fq and compressing a bit; if you upload them I'll see if there's a quick fix I can apply.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
maybe, but the way the darkbasic-based engine handles sound is a bit odd; the default reload sounds are already very quiet by default, so it might be related to variables that handle the sound files

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
i'm done with the majority of the firearm material. i should hopefully get it emailed to you before i retire today brian:

7uvcfHW.png

sadly the sci-fi weapons will take a bit longer - i have to make (or source) some creative sounds for them. hope you don't mind. i'll email those to you separately once they're done

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
finally done. i'll relay to you via email or google drive with steam. relay your critique to me of the files if you want

edit:

OkGxorG.png

here we go. crossing my fingers

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom