Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Broken Age - Double Fine's Kickstarter Adventure Game

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by J_C, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    But you can't doubt that both games are shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Modron Arcane

Modron
    If that's an act DSP is one of the most dedicated performers out there (probably just some Assperger's). Never forget this is the guy who spent 52 minutes stacking things in black mesa before giving up because he couldn't figure out how to crouch jump despite the game and people telling him exactly how to do it.

PS DSP also spent 5+ minutes running around a 15 sqft room in one of the newer alien games trying to figure out what they meant by get in the turboloader despite the exoskeleton being very obviously lit up in center of the screen.

^ Top  
  3. toro Arcane

toro
    The retard is right :)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. PlanHex Arcane Patron

PlanHex
    Haha, it's that guy?! Why the fuck did I spend 15 minutes listening to the stupid opinions of some n00b who can't even into crouch jump? Bee pls.

^ Top  
  5. Jiggy Boobles Destiny Cleanser Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yeah because he's in colour. :troll:

Also you forgot to say:

W-w-wow, what a terrific audience.

^ Top  
  6. PlanHex Arcane Patron

PlanHex
    Let me just correct you here, the spelling goes P-U-D-G-Y, because you seem to have misspelled it.

also,
    wow what a terrific audience.

^ Top  
  7. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    This game has a positive rating of 86% on Steam.

:philosoraptor:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Most people on Steam don't even play the games they own for more than an hour. It's too bad there are no achievements, otherwise you'd most likely see 10-20% of them have the 'finish X chapter' one.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Miserable Panda Educated

Miserable Panda
    I have to say, I succesfully endured though the wire puzzle at the ending, even with that awful timing thingie (FOR GOD'S SAKE, DONT GO DOWN THE LADDER). I suffered though that puzzle where you have to bring the little dude to the locked room, have no idea how I solved it. But man, the puzzle with the snake, piss off. I was stuck half an hour with that thing. At least the game was not so easy compared to the first act.
    Overall it was a fine game, not quite as good as the first one, and to tell you the truth, I felt the ending was quite bad. Not felt a single thing when the credits rolled out. Maybe a little dissapointed, by all the time Double Fine took, and how the final product ended up.
    Wonder how many millions Schafer will need for the sequel.

^ Top  
  11. kazgar Arcane

kazgar

Achievements were added partway through the development cycle for part 2 and are there for the whole game.

Stats will be weird though because if you played part 1 before they happened, you can continue on with part 2 and not have any of them from the first part even though you couldn't be there without getting them. Part of the reason they were recommending starting again (fuck that)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. RPGMaster Savant

RPGMaster

It's like a live action South Park character. And I'm not talking about the puppet.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  14. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin

:hmmm:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It makes compiling go faster...

^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    For another $10 million, maybe.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    RLM on Broken Age:

^ Top  
  19. Ovplain Arcane

Ovplain
    I'm sure AIDS Moby loved it.:S

^ Top  
  20. PlanHex Arcane Patron

PlanHex
    How the fuck did he put so much money into it (enough to get the t-shirt) when his first adventure game was Machinarium?

Also, I can recommend watching the Frog Fractions, Space Quest and Don't Shit Your Pants LPs on their channel, pretty fun. edit: also, the QWOP LP!

^ Top  
  21. Ovplain Arcane

Ovplain
    Yeah, that was weird.:D I know I can't come up with a sensible explanation, it just boggles the mind.:S At least he surprised me by not loving this POS game.

^ Top  
  22. Pyke The Brotherhood Developer

Pyke
    When they said 'caught up in the hype', he pointed at himself. The hype for the BA Kickstarter was like a feeding frenzy.

^ Top  
  23. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    The hype was pretty major - and not just from the point of view of a DF game, or an adventure game, but as a "Hey, we can fund a game we want!" angle. That's a very major component of DF's initial success. Perhaps they have somehow thought it was all due to DF being DF, so anything goes, except it wasn't really that. Just the excitement to be able to fund a game that the gamers would supposedly want.

^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    To wit, to this day, no Kickstarter game has gotten more backers than Broken Age did, I believe. More money yes, but not more people.

^ Top  
  25. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Yeah. I just wonder if this very thing was a major cause for DF's eventual "downfall" - mis-attributing the attention and the favour with their KS to being caused purely by DF's merits.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)