Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Broken Roads is an upcoming turn-based isometric RPG set in post-apocalyptic Australia

Skdursh

Savant
The narrator makes the post-apocalypse sound like the most boring, retarded and melodramatic thing ever.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm interested, if only to see how the morality system works in practice. Gonna watch this.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i will play if it have giant marsupials, and car sized turtles

Turtle-the-size-of-a-car.jpg

35548275.sydney046.JPG

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
While the morality system was the only thing to catch my attention (because everything else is a sea of nothingness), on closer inspection it looks ultra basic

Compare that to similar systems in Stygian or Disco Elysium and their only selling point (at least for me) fades.
It's basic, but what is relevant, is the fact that morality systems are coming to games and that means, even statistically, some of them should be good.

As for the game, even though I tend to have an exaggerated opinion about Australian stuff, this game looks trite and banal. The mobile cutesy aesthetics are so corny and unfitting for a post-apo, they almost make it seem like some kind of parody.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Damn the art for this game has to be the worst I've ever seen :lol: ... Amazingly, their artist lacks even the most basic understanding of palette, composition and framing to name but a few.

... not even taking into account the blatant ideological tripe, btw.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I gotta say this looks damn nice. Artwork is not just good-lookin' but also very readable, same goes for the interface and the dialogue window. Good choice of narrator too.

Here's hope the rest of the game is on the same quality level.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Damn the art for this game has to be the worst I've ever seen :lol: ... Amazingly, their artist lacks even the most basic understanding of palette, composition and framing to name but a few.

... not even taking into account the blatant ideological tripe, btw.

I'm sick of this shit, many of these dime a dozen games looks worse than C-64 games. Looks like someone cut a few ugly cliparts, layered them with Photoshop without any sense of style or art. Children make better drawings than this.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm going to blow my nuts inside the narrator while she narrates my indie game with way better art than this called "Strokin Chodes".

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
are there giant wombats?

There is giant brute with metal something in the hand, and it is a woman.
This instantly doused the sparkle of interest I had before watched trailer.
I guess, consumption of soymilk is as high in Australia as in US and Canada, because this was clearly made by soyboys.

Grumpy Grognard

Inn Between Worlds
Developer
I've never thought there would be an RPG that would benefit from being fully voiced, but here it is.

EDIT: I saw camels in the art. Does the story involve an Arab invasion? Oh, it appears there are camels in Australia. Learned something new today.

There are fucking shitloads of camels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom