Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Broken Sea - Neocore's Party-Based Tactical RPG

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Broken Sea; King Arthur; Neocore

The team mainly known for King Arthur is pushing to enter the "party-based tactical RPG" field with Broken Sea.

Once, the mighty Empire dominated every inch of the world… or so the legends claim. Today, the Empire is nothing more than myth, until its legacy suddenly resurfaces in the form of an unexplained attack, and players must trace its path back across the frozen northlands in search of answers. Independent developer NeocoreGames today announced an all-new IP entitled Broken Sea, a party-based tactical RPG for the PC. Telling a world-spanning tale of an arcane order, exploration, and adventure, players will follow the clues left behind by history to unearth the truth behind the mysterious events occurring throughout the realm.

Broken Sea takes place in a world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling. Beginning the game as a respected member of your order in an almost-forgotten monastery, players will seek out the colossal Dominion Ship—the last of its kind—and journey to the massive archipelago that once prospered under the rule of the Emperor Mages. Assembling their own party of heroes, players must face tactical battles and explore the unknown in order to survive, and restore their once-great order.

“Broken Sea follows the classical traditions of RPG adventures,” said Zoltan Pozsonyi, producer at Neocore Games. “Putting a party together in search of the truth is a tale anybody can get behind. Thanks to the epic story and the unique party-based tactics on offer, Broken Sea is poised to offer something really engaging and immersive to players.”

Neocore also has a real-time action RPG in the works for PC and consoles, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
king arthur was very meh and bland, so i won't hold my breath.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
king arthur was very nice and refreshing, so I am definitely holding my breath.

Also SuicideBunny, I hope you will find joy in the entertaining list of novel shooters that were revealed in this year's E3 :thumbsup:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
King Arthur was awesome. King Arthur 2... not so much.

Then again I never really liked the "race to the objective and camp" style fights. But the strategy and CYOA part was great.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
King Arthur was definately great, but this Van Helsing looks like some generic animefaggotry obsessed with Elric of Melnibone. I'll pass. Less generic anime and more Michael Whelan please.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
party-based tactical RPG for the PC
9JipF.png

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
Broken Sea takes place in a world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling. Beginning the game as a respected member of your order in an almost-forgotten monastery, players will seek out the colossal Dominion Ship—the last of its kind—and journey to the massive archipelago that once prospered under the rule of the Emperor Mages. Assembling their own party of heroes, players must face tactical battles and explore the unknown in order to survive, and restore their once-great order.

Broken Sea takes place in a world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling.

action-packed battles

:rpgcodex:

Sure, its "party-based tactical RPG" with "action-packed battles". I guess Dragon Age is also considered to be party-based tactical RPG, and this Broken Sea will be something similar. It will probably be boring banal shit.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Broken Sea takes place in a world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling.

action-packed battles

:rpgcodex:

Sure, its "party-based tactical RPG" with "action-packed battles". I guess Dragon Age is also considered to be party-based tactical RPG, and this Broken Sea will be something similar. It will probably be boring banal shit.

Broken Sea takes place in a world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling
takes place in a world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling
world of high magic, action-packed battles and grand storytelling
world of action-packed battles

So, there are action-packed battles in the world that the game takes place in.

How exactly does this conflict with the fact that the game set in this world is a tactical party-based RPG?

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
Well, maybe I was to harsh and it will be a good game, but somehow I get a DA wannabe vibe from that announcement.
I hope I'm wrong....

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, didn't this article say that the game will be turn-based before? Or did I read that somewhere else? Or am I just too drunk?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This game isn't on Kickstarter, hence I have no reason to be enthusiastic of anything.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I guess this game will NOT be turn-based. And I am happy about it. Kickstarter will(?) deliver a lot of them, so it is time to go different way. I would welcome RTwP with a lot of combat options in this particular case (taking into account their past). And, I hope they will still put a proper emphasis on the story telling (like in King Arthur games). I also wouln't mind some hybrid, where in some missions/scenarios you are controlling a whole squad of troops with one or two heroes (but NOT army). Say, a bit of Myth-like, but even more character oriented.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom