Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bug at the Academy? (Spoiler)

Jed

Cipher
I'm trying to have my Thaum learn some rituals at the Academy, however when trying to learn the third ritual where I have to help the kid (Th-somethingorwhoever), I think I've hit a bug. He tells me to help him regain his memory by bringing him things from his room. I bring the note from his father, the recipe book, and the hand mirror--to no avail. Is this a broken quest or am I missing something?

J

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's not broken, you simply need to put more efforts into it :)

I think there are several ways to do this quest. I got the note from the father, found the father, brought him to help his son, they talk but it did not restore his memory completely. Then I picklocked something and gave him his journal. That did it. Probably any two things will work, like baking a cake from the recipe book, etc.

Jed

Cipher
Weird. I went to his father hoping that would lead to something, but I couldn't even get a him to talk about his son. Glad to know it's not a bug; I'll keep trying.

J

Vault Dweller

Developer
Did you go to the father before or after you talk to the son? What's your speech?

Jed

Cipher
After I spoke to the son. My leader is a bard with her speech somewhere in the early 20s.

J

Vault Dweller

Developer
I checked my journal, it did not record every step of the quest, it simply says that it took 2 things from his past to restore his memory. I'm sure there is another way besides bringing in the father. Did you try making a cake (the recipe book mentioned one recipe that was used a lot, there are ingridients in the store, I think)?

By the way, you wrote that you brought the son the note from the father, did the son take it? If you did not have it in your inventory that could be the reason why the conversation topic did not come up. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Jed

Cipher
Okay got it. For some reason everything worked out once I baked the cake, yet nothing before. Bug or poor quest design, the world may never know.

J

Jed

Cipher
My only other option to get his memory back was to repeatedly hit him over the head; he, quite understandably, didn't like that.

J

CP

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
Okay got it. For some reason everything worked out once I baked the cake, yet nothing before. Bug or poor quest design, the world may never know.

J

Vault Dweller is right. You can do any 2 of the following 3 things and Ludenius will regain his memory:

1. Give Ludenius the cake
2. Read the note on Ludenius's table and then ask Leris to come see his son (I don't think speech matters, but you ahve to have read the note - you may even have to have it on you).
3. Pick Ludenius's cabinet lock and bring him his journal

Does how you completed the quest vary from this at all? If so, it's a bug.

CP

Jed

Cipher
CP said:
2. Read the note on Ludenius's table and then ask Leris to come see his son (I don't think speech matters, but you ahve to have read the note - you may even have to have it on you
The problem I had is even though I had read the letter, I couldn't get a relevant topic from Leris until after I had baked the cake.

Jed

CP

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
CP said:
2. Read the note on Ludenius's table and then ask Leris to come see his son (I don't think speech matters, but you ahve to have read the note - you may even have to have it on you
The problem I had is even though I had read the letter, I couldn't get a relevant topic from Leris until after I had baked the cake.

Jed

That's a strange bug. Even though Leris is a bit on the chubby side he should help you out without cake. :)

I'll look into it. Thanks.

CP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom