Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[BUG] Protectorate turning hostile at South Railroad Outpost

rohand

Cipher
Hello Styg

Not sure if anyone's been through this. Version 1.0.0.10

I just finished the missing train quest and ratted out the Free Drones to Major Clifton.

After reporting back to Herve, went back to ask about deadlines and Clifton told me to talk to the Ambassador, by going down the elevator.

I unequipped both weapons and used the elevator to the lower level - but the Protectorate guy there attacked me.

Didn't happen at the protectorate base at the Junkyard - they didn't attack as I hadn't my weapon equipped. For some reason, they are attacking now even if I'm unarmed the same way.

Let me know if you need the savegame or something.

Thanks

epeli

Arcane
Did you have any dangerous devices like grenades equipped in your utility slots?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It has happened to all of us, more or less, and that leads me to believe that having to remove your weapons before entering the US base is redundant and just a time waster that can only lead to frustration. It's not like you have a holster weapon option, you have to remove all weapons and offensive utility items one by one and then re-equip them, what's the point of that?

Just remove that damn check.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also if you're a captain in Protectorate, you still get attacked at their main hub if you go in with weapons into building where leaders are. It may be intentional but it is a bit too much since player already became one with their faction and even got a position equal to special ops guy.

epeli

Arcane
The requirement to holster your weapons inside protectorate bases won't be removed, but the player should get a proper reminder about it when entering the embassy through SRO.

That's how the protectorate operates. You'll just have to hate them for it. I heard Free Drones are recruiting... ;)

rohand

Cipher
A "holster" option inside the Quick Invoker ("f") would be a nice idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom