Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs (Barrier and possibly Crossing East; spoilers)

Fluke

Novice
Using the version 1.47 patch, I encountered these glitches (though I'm not entirely sure that this isn't punishment for my decision in the latter case):

In the town of Barrier, after I spoke to the seer and had her summon Corin's spirit, I went on to talk to his girlfriend as he requested. In doing so I noticed that you can scam her out of drachs (and experience) an infinite number of times.

In Crossing East, I explored the ruins for the resident thaumaturge and agreed to send him over after I had cleared them out. Doing this seems to have cost Tauna and my farmer the ability to use the Gifts of the Goddess.

Also, none of the fire spells that cost hit points to cast show up amongst those I can use in combat, even though they are on my spell list.

In regards to the second one, is there anything I can do to restore their ability if it's not a bug?

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
I'll look into these ASAP.
In Crossing East, I explored the ruins for the resident thaumaturge and agreed to send him over after I had cleared them out. Doing this seems to have cost Tauna and my farmer the ability to use the Gifts of the Goddess.
I think the Goddess issue a bug, it's been a while since I visitted that quest, though. If you've actually lost favor with the goddess there is a way to restore it. Find a druid and they should be able to point you along the path.

Also, none of the fire spells that cost hit points to cast show up amongst those I can use in combat, even though they are on my spell list.
You've been through the monastery? They may be showing up on the list before you know how to actually cast them. I'll check it out.

p.s. send me a save with goddess issue. I can correct it in the save file if its a bug and send it back.

cheers,
-m
mat@zero-sum.com

Fluke

Novice
You've been through the monastery? They may be showing up on the list before you know how to actually cast them. I'll check it out.

Well, I did get blood spear immediately after learning the spell from Barrier's resident priest, but other than that, all of those spells showed up after my first audience with the Charred one.

p.s. send me a save with goddess issue. I can correct it in the save file if its a bug and send it back.

Thank you, one should be on its way shortly.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
thathmew said:
If you've actually lost favor with the goddess there is a way to restore it. Find a druid and they should be able to point you along the path.

You can lose favor with the Goddess?! Hey, learn something new every day.. heh

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
yep. It's possible in a couple of ways. She particulary doesn't like it when you kill druids...
<grin>
And it looks like this particular flame magic issue was lack of skill (40 is required for the blood level spells) and lack of said info in the spell descriptions. DOH!

-m

Fluke

Novice
Update

thathmew said:
yep. It's possible in a couple of ways. She particulary doesn't like it when you kill druids...
I thought I might point out that she doesn't seem to mind when you waylay random druids (Aana or whatever her name is, for instance).

thathmew said:
And it looks like this particular flame magic issue was lack of skill (40 is required for the blood level spells) and lack of said info in the spell descriptions. DOH!
-m
I recently started a new game and made sure that my Flame magic skill was past fourty before I spoke to Sharag (well actually, I never managed to do so. See my new thread for details), and the blood type spells showed up on my list, but I cannot cast them.

Incidentally, I encountered an amusing bug playing through Barrier this time, one that allows you to pick-pocket Gram's severed head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom