Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs or Standard Behaviour?

Darth__KEK

Literate
Playing GOG version with latest Co8 patch (with extra content).

I have just started the Temple proper, after recommendations from some Nulb scumbag I was blindfolded and set to clear the Snake.

For the most part Temple residents ignored me; exceptions were Undead, Harpies, and Goblins. This caused a few reloads - to navigate a path to the snake - otherwise I got Romag to flee and seal himself in with "you've been causing too much disruption".

I have Masterwork weapons. If I enchant them to +1, with associated Gold and XP cost, the title changes to "Weapon +1" but the description still lists them as only having a To Hit t bonus of +1, no mention of a damage bonus. The weapons DO glow as if Magic.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
For the most part Temple residents ignored me; exceptions were Undead, Harpies, and Goblins. This caused a few reloads - to navigate a path to the snake - otherwise I got Romag to flee and seal himself in with "you've been causing too much disruption".

If you pass a certain kill threshold it will trigger Earth Temple reactivity. They're more sensitive about Temple-aligned critters.
By your description it sounds like you didn't kill many critters but it's hard to say for sure. If you send me the save I'll take a look.

I have Masterwork weapons. If I enchant them to +1, with associated Gold and XP cost, the title changes to "Weapon +1" but the description still lists them as only having a To Hit t bonus of +1, no mention of a damage bonus. The weapons DO glow as if Magic.
What do you mean by "description lists them"? Is that the shift click ling description? If so It's a known issue (the long descriptions are static texts, so they'll only reflect the base item's properties).

Darth__KEK

Literate
What I mean is I don't attack anyone, I'm trying to be an effective pretend-servant of the Earth Temple. And most of the critters leave me alone - but Goblins know to attack. I mean, I kind of understand the pest critters attacking (spiders, sturges, rats) but it's weird Bugbears, Humans, etc., ignore me but Goblins know to attack. Unless Goblins are vermin critters?

I'll locate some Saves.

Crafted Weapons: yes, by shift-clicking them. Thanks for confirming it's a know issue. I won't worry about them from now on.

Darth__KEK

Literate
OKAY, I have uploaded two save files.

#1 Before Goblins. Go west and the Goblins attack. Also on that level Undead attack (Ghasts, Skeletons) but Bugbears do not. This might be normal behaviour?

#2 Before Fire. A bit later on in the game. Go to Alreem and either deny him the Orb or just force-attack him. Everyone starts to fight you - fine - but you never have the attack option. You have to manually select to hit, the computer always thinks people attacking you are friendlies! It's very annoying trying to fight like this.

This is my first attempt at using Google Drive to share, please let me know if it works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_G5xxqq2Bq_VlZuNkFMMmVFY0U

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom