Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Burning Worlds - world scale military simulator by the new MicroProse

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There has been a big screenshot dump on the microprose site of their new game but I guess it was too early and was hidden but the links are still there ! It's a milsim using the outtera engine that renders whole earth from space to ground.

engine.jpg

Screenshot dump:

inf_8.jpg

inf_2.jpg

inf_3.jpg

inf_4.jpg

inf_5.jpg

inf_6.jpg

inf_7.jpg

inf_9.jpg

inf_10.jpg

F16_2.jpg

F16_1.jpg

heli.jpg

Airborne_3.jpg

Airborne_2.jpg

Airborne_1.jpg

AH64_2.jpg

AH64_1.jpg

M1_remake.jpg

circuit breaker

Educated
Interesting engine. Could it be useful for flight simulators?

In the last screenshot, the main cannon of the left side tank doesn't look hollow... spiderwebs? :eek:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've always wanted a game that would render the whole earth, and I'm sure it's doable for outdoor environements with a bit of procedural generation here and there... but here's the thing : what about cities ? What about building interiors ?

ZeniBot

Cipher
I've always wanted a game that would render the whole earth, and I'm sure it's doable for outdoor environements with a bit of procedural generation here and there... but here's the thing : what about cities ? What about building interiors ?

Bohemia already has that working in their prototype. So Microprose are fighting a losing battle.
They might as well go back to fitness DVDs. LOL

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Outtera provides cities

D7BB5G4U8AAeJq_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom