Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt incoming

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Please add some cute anime girls
troll_25.png

Cael

Arcane
Seriously, guys?

Forum.png

Nostalgia really isn't that great... :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll move the hosted RPG forum back to the root until I figure out how to filter the sticky threads

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At least the super annoying FRAUD WARNING is still there.

I just wouldn't be able to live with a fraud-free Codex.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't understand why people update forums when they are working fine.

Check out the Expeditions: Viking thread to see some people who didn't think the forums were working fine

Forums are working fine. Subforums are a punishment. They are great for ignoring crap you don't want to read about, like Bethesda games.

But for small indie games that have niche audience even at Codex? For the average person who is only mildly interested in the game, having to go into the subforum and then having to make a decision on which thread to open is already too much effort. There are a ton of interesting games to keep track of. You'll get better mileage just bumping the megathread to GRPGD page 1.

It is not a problem you'll be able to solve. If this was a commercial venture, I'd apply extensive thread tagging via automation, machine learning to figure out viewer preferences and then customizing the content in accordingly.

But on a hobby project you just have to compromise. Live with a few large forums that have megathreads and active thread turnover on page 1. Maybe instead of cramming everything on everyone's screen, highlight the new posts on forums people actually follow or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom