Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt incoming

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:
Anything is different?! I can't see nothing different,general RPG and general Gaming are in the same places.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You have the opposite idea of how subforums work nowadays. Almost all subforums on the Codex are now in index forums, meaning everything in them is mirrored into the main forum they're located in. You can use them to drill down into a particular topic but they don't hide anything.

I moved the hosted RPG forums, such as the Iron Tower Studio forum and the Expeditions forum, into General RPG Discussion - turning them from separate forums into subforums. Now if somebody posts in them, everybody reading General RPG Discussion will see it.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I moved the hosted RPG forums, such as the Iron Tower Studio forum and the Expeditions forum, into General RPG Discussion - turning them from separate forums into subforums. Now if somebody posts in them, everybody reading General RPG Discussion will see it.
Did Vault Dweller request this change?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
this-is-your-codex.jpg

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You have the opposite idea of how subforums work nowadays. Almost all subforums on the Codex are now in index forums, meaning everything in them is mirrored into the main forum they're located in. You can use them to drill down into a particular topic but they don't hide anything.

This gives Underrail et al. more visibiliy. The completely seperate forums made those developers easy to forget/overlook. So I give it a :greatjob:.

Cael

Arcane

This has been the case for as long as I have been here. I never go into subforums because it is always there in the main one.

The problem before was that the sticky threads took up so much space that you had to scroll down to get to the mirrored threads. It made it look as though it had disappeared, but it actually hadn't. Hence, give-the-mods-a-gentle-poke my post above.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Probably only a temporary thing, but all of GD up and disappeared on me just a couple of minutes ago.

Hope it gets sorted.

EDIT: It's sorted. Back again.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually, now that I think about it, a good solution for the deluge of threads would be a "snooze" button. I.e. "soft" ignore that is temporary (expires in x days). You read a thread to find out what the latest drama is, snooze the thread and then when the next drama arrives the thread shows up again.

Ofc none of that is currently possible, but if XenForo/moddders ever get up to it, it'd be dank. Especially if you could snooze/ignore straight from list view.

Trashos

Arcane

This gives Underrail et al. more visibiliy. The completely seperate forums made those developers easy to forget/overlook. So I give it a :greatjob:.

Unless I am missing something, right now it is harder to see if there has been a new post in the UR forum since my last visit. I actually have to navigate to the UR subforum to see if there are threads with new posts. Previously, I could see that there are new posts in there from the forums index page. And the new UR posts still don't show up in the Codex front page.

So you are right that more people reading the RPG GD will see that there is UR activity, but things have become harder for the actual fans of the game.

ColCol

Arcane
This is fine and all, but when is Tacticular Cancer going to start receiving updates?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom