Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

C & C : Dues Ex Kane

Currently running through a few (okay, a lot) of problems regarding taking screenshots (FRAPS won't work) and random crashes (which seem random, most of the time).

Damn the music is good, and the gameplay is still golden.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Crashes? I don't remember TS crashing often, then again the last time I played it was 3 years ago.

Try using screenshot captor, it works for Dungeon Keeper (where fraps also didn't work outisde of FMV) so it should work here as well. It isn't as easy to use as fraps (it has some annoying default options like a prompt when you make screenshots) but after some tweaking it works well

Mission 1 - The Messiah Returns

gCZJM.jpg

Hassan, traitor to the Brotherhood. He will die in the manner that befits traitors, along with all who have deviated from our cause. I will see to it personally.

CEu1q.jpg

CABAL has established a battlefield link. I shall command from here.

5tpGZ.jpg

My troops are already routed. We must regroup before we have the strength to repel this assault.

noa29.jpg

Two of those true to the Brotherhood have fallen, mown down as they tried to reach my base. They shall be avenged, for Kane!

oaXVt.jpg

My current forces are pitiful. The infantry who made it to my base must be strengthened with fresh blood. The single Attack Buggy I have at my disposal will be immensely useful in destroying the vanguard of Hassan's Elite Guard.

58AwX.jpg

My base is already under attack, but in a masterful tactical move the traitor's APC emerged before our Lasers. They shall all die.

qjqzV.jpg

More loyal to Kane have arrived from our temple, ready to kill and die for our cause.

1WxTL.jpg

There was a secondary, unguarded entrance into my base? CABAL, arrange to have the previous Commander sent to me once all the traitors are dead.

HeeCE.jpg

The flanking force consisted of just this one Buggy. Hassan will pay with his life for underestimating me.

1RZlQ.jpg

CABAL was unable to provide me schematics for my battlefield so I am forced to scout manually. The tiberium field just to the north of our position shall fund our mission.

pN5uM.jpg

More lambs to the slaughter. They all die in a hail of gunfire.

cIK1c.jpg

A scout was found on the cliff overlooking my base.

CXtQK.jpg

I divide my forces - half to seek and destroy, half to defend my command centre against any retaliation, subterannean or otherwise.

WFfH9.jpg

Another scout was found and killed.

Gc9ew.jpg

Vengeance is exacted on the Attack Buggy who killed my soldiers as they retreat.

MVJ2l.jpg

Another pathetic attack is made on my base.

rcZlM.jpg

Collateral damage.

6mrQH.jpg

Hassan's final forces in the area are hunted down and executed by Kane's loyal soldiers.

peuwC.jpg

The punishment for every traitor is death.

hCdt9.jpg

SoupNazi

Following for nostalgia's sake. This was the greatest strategy game I ever played.

Mission 2 - Retaliation

SRb8N.jpg

Benghazi. I will crush Hassan's strongholds one by one until I'm position to strike the traitor himself.

gA7vd.jpg

I have no reason to doubt the abilities of Oxanna. It is our time.

MnPRt.jpg

My forces here are meagre. Quick scouting and tiberium harvesting will be the key to establishing a foothold with which to stomp out Hassan's forces.

ytpqO.jpg

My enemy has already launched an attack. It was easily repelled at the cost of one soldier.

2we3r.jpg

My scouts find tiberium immediately to the south of my starting position.

S52fK.jpg

Already I have located the enemies harvester and its guards. I order the buggies to attack.

ExDGk.jpg

Resistance is stronger than I expected. Nothing my forces could not have dealt with - but I choose to withdraw to conserve strength and sweep away all defenses with one devastating blow.

q1OnE.jpg

They are weak.

eiX6X.jpg

A cyborg appears just as I destroy their harvester. The technology of peace has made him strong, but no amount of augmentation could halt my advance.

2NZdI.jpg

My scouts move north.

YchmV.jpg

A minor miscalculation sends my men to their death.

oeFdZ.jpg

The rear entrance to the base was undefended.

uuMqz.jpg

There is no escape. No prisoners will be taken.

DkSJ9.jpg

I systematically destroy their base.

3W9YO.jpg

In one last desperate move the enemy sells all his structures and attacks. Killing them all was childs play.

vfUKF.jpg

The TV station is mine.

YhKGf.jpg

Right on schedule, Hassan's reinforcements show up.

0C7ob.jpg

Peace through power!

giwrA.jpg

The Brotherhood is mine. I am the only one alive who deserves to rule it.

dp0nr.jpg

This island will be their tomb.

zJP2F.jpg

Leave nothing standing.

O6nl2.jpg

9JzlY.jpg

B7BTE.jpg

UiR2g.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom