Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

C++ error,game crashes everytime I try to buy longswords

tkobo

Novice
This takes place in the opening town,in the building with the carver who sells the weapons.

xp pro/ amd1600/ 128 ram/ sb pci128 sound card/ g4 ti4200 128meg graphics card -old drivers 28.32 ?(I have newer ones but these work best for me so far)

Okay,its not just on the longsword purchase.It happens when I examine certian items also.Items in the smiths shop do the same.

tkobo

Novice
I thought I was posting on the prelude to darkness forum.Seems I missed :(
I went to the prelude forum,than registered and it brought me here.Guess I should have double checked where I actaully was before posting.
Heheheheheh

If someone with the power could move this post.I'd apreciate it.

Deathy

Liturgist
Moved from General Discussion to Prelude to Darkness.

Have a nice day.

alebrown

Novice
I have the same problem, which I mentioned in the 1.40 patch thread.

crpgnut

Augur
Make sure you don't have creative labs cthelper.exe file running in the background.
It causes lots of funky errors. For XP users, go into task manager and click on the processes tab. Right click on cthelper.exe and choose end process.

tkobo

Novice
Doesnt show up there if it is.So I'm gonna assume it isnt.I'm new to xp,still finding my way around it.Lots of things I have no clue what they are running ,but not that.

crpgnut

Augur
tkobo, if you would like you can send me a savegame file and I'll see if it does the same thing to my game. I have the game installed at work and at home so I can test it on two different machines. If I get the same error, we'll assume it's a bug. If not, then we need to start looking at drivers and such. Email crpgnut@yahoo.com if you're interested. That's my spam email account, but I just deleted everything so there should be room for a savegame file. BTW I'm not a dev or anything, just a computer geek that would like to see your problem disappear. CP or Mat could help you out better, but they may be busy!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sometimes the game crashes if you buy more than 1 item. The easiest fix is to buy 1 at a time, helps to raise your barter skill, btw.

tkobo

Novice
Okay,ive gotten past the crashes on items by single buying and saving alot.

Now Ive come across an uncontrolled spinning occurance ?For some reason when I click to move somewhere the hand doesnt show the feet,stays a hand and the view starts spinning rapidly.The only way to stop the spinning is to click once on one of the directional arrows.
But a second click on the dir arrow or a click anywhere else starts the spinning again .During this none of the other buttons function.
Then the game crashes :(
This seems to happen after a certian amount of time playing ,but i havent timed it so I cant say for sure.4 times now it has occurred.

I would really like to give the game a chance but this feels more like beta testing than playing .

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
This bug happens to me as well, I have no idea what causes it although it seems to occur more frequently while rotating the camera and holding down the Alt-button at the same time.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
I'm working on the spinning and the bartering issues, but the bartering has been a little tough to repro on my end, but I've recently got some saves from folks outside that may help.

-mat

tkobo

Novice
I can only speak for myself on this,but,the spinning seems to be a bigger problem.

The bartering while important is about items and money,imho NOT the important parts for an rpg.
The spinning however occurs anywhere and anytime.It can interfer with the progress of the game/story and it totally destroys the immersion by making the player repeat parts of said game/story.

That in mind ,if as most Devs seem to do,you are prioritizing the bugs ,put this one at the top above the bartering one in the line for solving.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Thanks for the suggestions, I do like to get feedback on bugs/priorities.

Both issues should be solved for the next version. I have the weekend pretty free so I'm hoping to get it out next week.

-mat

Momotaca

Novice
Just a comment on this subject, but this is why I wish we could zoom further out and have a way to locate monsters and characters easier during combat. It just seems that the more you move your screen around, the more chance you have of "suddenly" exiting the game or getting caught in the rotate error.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom