Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain and Boyarsky stream Fallout

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
I think they reached apex at Troika. I dont think they could pull it off now: time changed, people changed. I think that these old fags did their duty and it is time for Iron Tower, Stygian, Whalenought, (put your favorite Indie developer here) to do theirs.

Still they are living legends of RPG. Recently played ToEE again and it was:love:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Lol, next time someone goes all edgy grognard about how perfect the first fallouts are, I'll just show him the first game's creators' Struggling With The Intertface stream.

And yet nobody does this. And especially the UI issues are acknowledged by pretty much everyone.

However, every once in a while a retarded edgy dumbfuck revisionist butthurt that people here make fun of the decline games he likes goes "looooool that gaem u think is perfect is not perfect looooalool"

My wife was appalled when I told her she has to click on the weapon UI every time she wants to shoot at something.

Well, your wife is perhaps better left to sucking cock than playing games. Sounds like she's decline incarnate. "lol"

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Oh SHIT. I just watched it and Tim is so extremely bad at playing his own game, you have to wonder if he's gone senile and how can a person who's this bad at playing can make games? What the fuck is going on there? Or has he always been like this?

No, at least Avellone only designs story and writes. These guys have to design gameplay experience. I see Leonard is sharp as ever, but Tim..? Oh my god.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice, Tim didn't like Fury Road for the exact same reason I disliked it. Mad Max 2 was more than an adrenaline rush with tough guy super heroes. The fact that Tim mentioned how Max shoots only twice is right to the point of why Mad Max 2 is so great. Less is more. A broken gun and a car without fuel are much more interesting than unlimited ammo and flamethrower guitars. Max's limitations and how he makes most of his limited resourses is what makes the stakes ultimately feel so huge. We have seen the value Max puts on a half-eaten dog food can or a single shotgun shell he scavenged from a corpse. When the leader of the peaceful settlers gives Max a whole handful or shotgun shells, it feels like an exceptionally generous gift - it's a sign of genuine trust.

While watching Fury Road, when did you ever feel anything like this??? It's just a video game spectacle without any realistic sense of scale - thus it feels utterly unbelievable and pointless.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After watching this a bit more I lost all hype about their next game. It is probably going to be modern FPS rpg like garbage just like the rest that came out in last 5 years.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So when is the nu-Falloutesque announcement? I want to bathe in teh decline !

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Fallout, Arcanum, Vampire, ToEE - all are pure Incline. These guys are RPGs powerhouse.

Fallout, yes. Arcanum was unfinished and badly designed shite. Vampire bloodlines was a first person popamoler with vampires, unfinished and crap quality, but all the Twilight fan faggots worship it while they keep dreaming of having gay sex with Pattison, ToEE was a battlesystem in search of a game. There was no game in it, and what little there was, was buggy as fuck. The only thing i enjoyed of ToEE was reading the manual.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Let's be honest, the only good rpgs ever created are Fallout 1,2, Baldur's gate 1,2 and New vegas

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, next time someone goes all edgy grognard about how perfect the first fallouts are, I'll just show him the first game's creators' Struggling With The Intertface stream.

And yet nobody does this. And especially the UI issues are acknowledged by pretty much everyone.

However, every once in a while a retarded edgy dumbfuck revisionist butthurt that people here make fun of the decline games he likes goes "looooool that gaem u think is perfect is not perfect looooalool"

My wife was appalled when I told her she has to click on the weapon UI every time she wants to shoot at something.

Well, your wife is perhaps better left to sucking cock than playing games. Sounds like she's decline incarnate. "lol"
I am deeply saddened by the news of your butthurt. I hope it gets better.

If it's any consolation, you are still my favorite edgy dumbfuck, virtue-signalling his groggyness in order to get affirmation and a feeling of community with other human beings, by means of reaction buttons.

I did write that first post specifically to test your reaction, and you did take the bait ;)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Nice to hear you're so interested in me that you post specifically to get my attention.

However, you're still a retarded moron. And your wife is probably sucking black cocks.

Also, if you're so butthurt about ratings please contact the conductor.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Eh Icewindale is just DND infinity engine attempt at Diablo

This is something only people who never played Icewind Dale say. There is nothing in common between IWD and Diablo... IWD is your typical DnD 2nd edition party based dungeon crawler, and Diablo is a hack a slash. They don't control the same, they don't work the same. It is not the first time i have read this retardation, i suppose a fucking cretin wrote it once and it stuck. It is like all those cretins who claim a game where you can't die and there are checkpoints you resurrect unlimited times, Dark Souls, is "difficult"... Because they read about Dark Souls being difficult somewhere...

The only thing that IWD "lacked" vs BG was the pre-made companions. Its story was good, far better than BG saga in fact, that is, if you have any taste and you don't just fall for "chosen one" stories. It had better atmosphere and far better combat. Great game to re-play.

It is just that IWD was less known than BG and was seen by the gaming community as a spinoff of "the main game BG" at that time, so it didn't sell as much. Which is a shame because it was a far better experience than the overrated BG2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Judging by this thread, this thread is more interesting than those videos.
Nah, videos are good way to see how once our great heroes have declined with age and new experiences (cough, cough, working at Blizzard on Diablo 3, cough). Also a good way to temper hype you have for Project Indiana (if you are like me and still had some before this video)...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is something only people who never played Icewind Dale say. There is nothing in common between IWD and Diablo... IWD is your typical DnD 2nd edition party based dungeon crawler, and Diablo is a hack a slash. They don't control the same, they don't work the same. It is not the first time i have read this retardation, i suppose a fucking cretin wrote it once and it stuck.

Internally, IWD was competing with Diablo and it's why the loot is somewhat-randomized.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice, Tim didn't like Fury Road for the exact same reason I disliked it. Mad Max 2 was more than an adrenaline rush with tough guy super heroes. The fact that Tim mentioned how Max shoots only twice is right to the point of why Mad Max 2 is so great. Less is more. A broken gun and a car without fuel are much more interesting than unlimited ammo and flamethrower guitars. Max's limitations and how he makes most of his limited resourses is what makes the stakes ultimately feel so huge. We have seen the value Max puts on a half-eaten dog food can or a single shotgun shell he scavenged from a corpse. When the leader of the peaceful settlers gives Max a whole handful or shotgun shells, it feels like an exceptionally generous gift - it's a sign of genuine trust.
Agreed on The Road Warrior - Max's shotgun being an empty bluff throughout most of the movie is great storytelling but also tells you how scarce and low-tech the world they live in is. The entire movie revolves around something as mundane as an oil refinery, but since we never see anything else but desert it actually becomes grand in contrast.
I actually saw the movie after I've played the Fallout games, and my immediate wish was for a future Fallout game to feature more low-tech, harsh environments like this - say, a game set in post-Lonesome Road Arizona where the collapsing Legion fights a losing battle for order against hordes of backwards savages (this was when people still believed Obsidian might get another shot at Fallout)...

I do think Fury Road is an awesome movie as well though, and while there are similarities to Road Warrior I'm glad Miller did something different with it and not just a lame not-remake (see Star Wars).

While watching Fury Road, when did you ever feel anything like this??? It's just a video game spectacle without any realistic sense of scale - thus it feels utterly unbelievable and pointless.
It's as bad as one of them "video games"? But those are the worst! :P

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is something only people who never played Icewind Dale say. There is nothing in common between IWD and Diablo... IWD is your typical DnD 2nd edition party based dungeon crawler, and Diablo is a hack a slash. They don't control the same, they don't work the same. It is not the first time i have read this retardation, i suppose a fucking cretin wrote it once and it stuck.

Internally, IWD was competing with Diablo and it's why the loot is somewhat-randomized.

Didn’t I just see an ad on one of these threads where Interplay called it something like a Diablo style action RPG?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom