Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - rebooted with even more edginess

JDR13

Arcane
Way too many numbers and icons bouncing around the HUD.

User was nabbed fit

I've been playing the alpha on PS4, and it's reminded me why I fucking hate FPS games on consoles. The piss poor aim you have with a controller is deeply aggravating, and I'm not even that bad at it. I'm just too used to the granular level of control that a mouse offers.

That being said, the movement and shooting mechanics have been much improved. The gunfight mode is also pretty entertaining. It's shaping up to be a pretty playable game and a decent distraction, in the absence of any other good MP shooters lately.

Wunderbar

Arcane

Man clearly loves his job. I'm not interested in the game, but I'll definetely watch "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 All weapons reloads and inspections in slow motion" video.

User was nabbed fit

Playing the beta on PC this weekend, and I have to say it is SLICK as far as popamole action goes. Could be the first CoD game since the original MW that might be worth a damn.

DemonKing

Arcane
I tried the Beta as well - maps are all good, sound FX greatly improved and it's still very much COD with only small changes made to the basic formula (eg being able to open and close doors).

Saying that the 32 vs 32 gamemode won't dethrone the Battlefield series anytime soon - the game is still best on smaller maps with smaller teams. Also they had crossplay mode so Master Race Mouse & Keyboard players can compete against consoletards. I spawned on one server where I was the only PC player and was thus looking forward to some easy kills only to discover that PC players actually have to aim and controller users just have to look vaguely in the direction of an enemy to lock on for headshots. :(

Gerrard

Arcane
Except you CAN'T play against controller users when using KB&M yourself, unless it's a custom lobby.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of...n-Warfare-Open-Crossplay-Beta-Starts-Thursday
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players can all play against each other, provided they all utilize controllers, or all utilize KBM (a keyboard and mouse).

You can place into a lobby where there are no control scheme filters, allowing you to play with players using both controllers and/or KBM across up to all three supported platforms.

DemonKing

Arcane
Except you CAN'T play against controller users when using KB&M yourself, unless it's a custom lobby.

Apparently in the Beta this was disabled and you could be placed in servers with a mix of K&M and Controller players. The Lobby screens seemed to reflect this with each player name accompanied by an image of the platform they were playing on and the type of controller they were using.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you lose 5v1 that means you're fucking trash and should consider a different career uninstall, not "same skill level".

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
shitty graffix. i thought this game was going to look good... what happened? looks like a PS3 game.

doesn't even look as good as Battlefield 1... epic fail womp womp ^_^

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
B1V8JBm.jpg

:hmmm:

Morkar Left

Yeah CoD seems to be really a hidden us government sponsored propaganda game. I mean the only game I played (besides a bit of the first one) is Infinite Warfare and the US vs evil Russians (here from Mars) was actually too much to play further when basically only played for 3 hours. I'm by no means a fan of the Russian government but badmouthing Russians and totally glorifying (while even lying) the actions of the own government makes just everyone look bad and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Only more hate and conflict will come up this way. I definitely avoid / shun this series after my short look into it.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well Morkar...I also did the roll eyes, but at least in COD MW 1-3 it was more a Bond style conspiracy between US and Russian generals/businessmen to start a war between the two(Big Bad in the second was actually the US commander that lost 30k troops to a nuke in the first game) and the Russians(and Islamists) gave as good as they got (with ridiculous things like how they attacked the US from nowhere and just all of a sudden gave up after conquering Europe cause the big bad was defeated somewhere on the periphery, but I digress). But overall, while I bristled at first, by the end it was more simple escapism.

This new one, along with the COD WW2 thing earlier and the rival Medal of Honor reboot which was all about glorious US bringing freedoms to Afghanistan are much more obviously pushing the neo-lib agenda.

orcinator

Liturgist
There's a baby in one mission. You get the usual mission failure if you shoot it, but you do it three times it says "are you serious?" and boots you back to the menu.

That's probably the only memorable part about this game besides the STRONK WIMMINZ.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've played the first few single player campaign missions and they feel quite... sterile? I dunno, good production value as usual, but it seems like there's less effort put into it now. The missions are awfully short, I blasted through the London level within 5 minutes and only killed less than 10 guys. The beginning of the story didn't even have a build up, the CIA guy met the muslim resistance, he said he's working with Price and the leader girl immediately ensured that he can be trusted? Not sure if it's a thing at the beginning, but to me things happened way too quickly. The original MW spent 1 segment worth a mission's length to depict the president of Saudi Arabia witnessing the horror of his invaded nation, while this game tried the quick shock value moment with the London bombing cutscene but it just doesn't feel the same.

I feel like to these guys, "gritty authentic war" means civilians and children getting killed freely. Such daring, much courage.

DemonKing

Arcane
Full game is ok - the campaign is on rails as expected with a strange determination to throw in vastly different mechanics/scenarios at you (sneaking, sniping, directing NPCs on how to sneak via security cameras and a mobile phone, taking down enemy choppers with bombs delivered by drones etc). The multi is decent enough. Cyber Attack which is mission based is actually quite fun as you can actually res team mates which makes for some interesting choices.

orcinator

Liturgist
the campaign is on rails as expected with a strange determination to throw in vastly different mechanics/scenarios at you (sneaking, sniping, directing NPCs on how to sneak via security cameras and a mobile phone, taking down enemy choppers with bombs delivered by drones etc).
Gimmicks and minigames has always been a part of the CoD formula since the core gameplay is extremely dull.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
FFS this game fails even at propaganda because writer is a retard and has no logical thinking and the overall product quality is, well... Prosperous.
The target audience for this kind of entertainment doesn't have much in the way of logical thinking either. So the writer's job is just to come up with a story that hits the right emotional registers at the correct time, with no real concern if things make sense or not.

This reminds me of that TV show Chuck where from what I recall at least once every episode he and his team will mention how they're saving the world.

The series is about an "average computer-whiz-next-door" named Chuck Bartowski, played by Zachary Levi, who receives an encoded e-mail from an old college friend now working for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The message embeds the only remaining copy of a software program containing the United States' greatest spy secrets into Chuck's brain, leading the CIA and the NSA to assign him handlers and use him on top-secret missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom