Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Hey bros! I thought I'd post some more screenshots, fresh from the oven.

WjFxpI4.png

3sfhk81.png

wk8eKRW.png

BwCmLYL.png

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Absolutely beautiful, seeing this shape up and evolve is great.

When will we see some prototypes of the combat system,btw?

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Absolutely beautiful, seeing this shape up and evolve is great.

When will we see some prototypes of the combat system,btw?
Thank you. After having nearly-implemented a BaK-like combat system, I am having doubts that is the way I want to proceed. I am brainstorming on creating something different that will work with the strengths/weaknesses of having photos of real people as enemies.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I lke trees. Happy that they are getting fair treatment. #Treeshavefeelingstoo

Last edited:

sstacks

Arcane
This is Call of Saregnar, a (BaK & RoA-influenced) low-magic story- and exploration-centric RPG that I've been developing for the past couple of years. If you want to know more, just hop over to http://www.callofsaregnar.com.

If you want to support the development of the game, please check out my development diary on Patreon.

There may be others, but this is the only indie game I know of being funded purely through Patreon.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Damn, this art style has some strange kind of charm, just the right balance of stuff shown and stuff left to the players imagination.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Art is beautiful as other people have mentioned, but I also like the UI. It's unobtrusive and blends in very well with what you're seeing. When will you be able to post like a five to ten second clip of what walking in the game looks like though? Almost as important as the actual quality of the art is how it feels when your character is moving. I've seen a few games where everything looks great while you're standing still and then starts getting choppy once you start moving. Other then that, keep up the good work; will definitely be following the game.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Damn, this art style has some strange kind of charm, just the right balance of stuff shown and stuff left to the players imagination.

Thank you, it’s a constant struggle to keep this balance in check, but I’m glad it shows.

Art is beautiful as other people have mentioned, but I also like the UI. It's unobtrusive and blends in very well with what you're seeing. When will you be able to post like a five to ten second clip of what walking in the game looks like though? Almost as important as the actual quality of the art is how it feels when your character is moving. I've seen a few games where everything looks great while you're standing still and then starts getting choppy once you start moving. Other then that, keep up the good work; will definitely be following the game.

Thanks! I understand what you mean. There is an older clip of a walk through a village somewhere on the internets, but it doesn’t show the current developments. As for a nice recent video, there won’t be one until I upgrade my rig, because it runs like crap on my integrated gfx, especially while recording.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Absolutely adore that '90s aesthetic. Really looks like a lost RPG from that era.

Vapid

Learned
Tho I've got nothing against hexes, I don't like the look of the grid. It reminds me of those new King's Bounty and Heroes of Might and Magic games (the latter uses square-based grid, I know, but still--) and I hate those games' esthetics (if you can even call it 'esthetics' - just some post-WoW generic fantasy tripe). So, yeah, while I absolutely love everything that's been shown so far, this is the first thing I feel kinda 'meh' about.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Baby steps.

The environment being already green for the most part, of course they end up using a saturated (and ugly) stock-green overlay.
Rhuantavan:
Please guys, have better taste and use another color : since you're already using golden tones in the ui and those would better fit the landscape (IMHO), why not an orange/yellow, less saturated combat grid ?

Last edited:

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Baby steps.

The environment being already green for the most part, of course they end up using a saturated (and ugly) stock-green overlay.
Rhuantavan:
Please guys, have better taste and use another color : since you're already using golden tones in the ui and those would better fit the landscape (IMHO), why not an orange/yellow, less saturated combat grid ?

Don't you worry, it's literally the first colour I had under the mouse cursor when I opened the colour picker. It's all going to change. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom