Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can we get an Armed and Dangerous remake, already? Please?

Wulfstand

Prophet
With the condition that you keep the voiceactors from the original game.
I miss playing a fun and amusing game, where the fuck are they, current-generation-of-gaming? :( I mean shiieeet, I had more fun playing that fucking Bard's Tale remake than most of today's games.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Shitty for you, maybe. I enjoyed it years back, and the humor it provided.

Wulfstand

Prophet
To be frank, the point of the thread is that I want some more goofy and fun games like A&D, Rayman (the original platforming games, not the newer rabbits ones), Giants and so forth, I miss crazy level designs, characters whom i'd grow to like, great voiceacting, and so on and so forth.
The latest Alice was a good example, except for the funny part, but it sort of grew stale after a while; it was still miles ahead of most of the shit released today.

Machocruz

Arcane
Shadows of the Damned?

Is that too jap? The west doesn't believe in humor or color anymore, so you just might have ta.

Also: Deathspank, Ms. Splosion Man (Xbox only :( )

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What's wrong with you people? Do you really want sequels for those good old games? Do you want them to be raped by today's mainstream developers. Remember what they did with X-com! :x

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
EvilSatan said:
No third Ground Control game? You must be a queer!

No Rise of Nations II? Go back to gamespy forums!

J_C said:
Do you want them to be raped by today's mainstream developers. Remember what they did with X-com! :x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM:_Genesis
X-COM: Genesis was a computer game in development in the X-COM series. It was being produced by original MicroProse employees, then working for Hasbro Interactive (HI) who bought out the game developer. X-COM: Genesis was never completed due to Hasbro's shutdown of Hasbro Interactive late in 1999.
Two innovations are notable, however: the game would be in 3D and would be real-time strategy instead of turn-based (as in the original versions). The last feature was tentative—if using it didn't convey the same atmosphere and feel as the original, it would be replaced with a turn-based implementation. As a precaution, the game designer, Dave Ellis, had provided for a feature where players could easily stop the action and issue commands to their units.
:salute:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
sgc_meltdown said:
EvilSatan said:

Rise of Legends was pretty good but at a time when Micro$oft was losing interest in game publishing, it never got the support it should have got.

Here's my own: No Nexus II?...Oh wait they are making one, once they raise 400,000 euros...:bounce:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Battlezone has a sequel lol

I swear I knew about this! I meant to say Battlezone II sequel! Ahh shit!

nice catch

Rise of Legends was pretty good but at a time when Micro$oft was losing interest in game publishing, it never got the support it should have got.

Lets render all our unit animations and cutscenes at 15 fps

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Armed and Dangerous was funny, but the gameplay was shit. Shit. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Not to mention how rushed and unfinished the whole game felt.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
commie said:
sgc_meltdown said:
EvilSatan said:

Here's my own: No Nexus II?...Oh wait they are making one, once they raise 400,000 euros...:bounce:
:love: for mentioning the game of my litle country. I hope they can get the money.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
sgc_meltdown said:
J_C said:
:love: for mentioning the game of my litle country.

bro I watched taxidermia a while back and it was p. fun stuff :salute:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410730/

hungarian directors have strange way of conveying political history
Glad you enjoyed it.

MetalCraze said:
Nexus II will most likely be crap though

Who are those guys? And what do they know about making games?
Well the good news is, some of the original developers are working at Most Wanted Entertaiment, this is the studio that makes Nexus II. The bad news is, Most Wanted Ent. is not the most experienced studio. Although they made a kinda OK rts (Joint Task Force), they were only making games for the Nintedo DS and phones besides that.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
commie said:
sgc_meltdown said:
EvilSatan said:

I didn't even know such a game existed!
:x

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Toffeli said:
I didn't even know such a game existed!
:x

possibly the last rts ever made with interesting sides
play and rage some more

and no that universe at war thing doesn't count all it has is the huge things and an awesome intro movie

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom