Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can You Create a Thread That Everyone Can Edit?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I expect you can't, but am crap at internet tech.

I wanted to create a thread in the Library for great childhood films for me to watch for people to put together for their families/kids. Because I'm just that friendly.

But mainly because everything today is brainswashing shit that wants to turn your kids into fucktards.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would technically be possible to create a subforum where everybody has edit privileges like a moderator. So everybody could edit everybody's posts.

You're probably thinking about just the OP in a single thread, though. No built-in way to do that.

Farewell young Prince into the night

Would just end up being 24 pages of "Iggy Binned" which you can already find in the Llura's Blog thread.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I was thinking of a glorious thread where the entire Codex contributes to an alphabetically listed OP of all their favourite films from growing up. What could possibly go wrong?.

Like the other day, I was taking the piss out of Greta Thunberg in her hate thread. I'm sure that if she had taken Donald Trump's advice and seen a few films with a friend, she would be better adjusted to this world. So I listed a few. Then I kicked myself for forgetting Flight Of Dragons. How could I forget that? Don Mc Lean did the soundtrack, and James Earl Jones did a voiceover. Show me a cartoon made today with that kind of talent...

Think of it as a Codex within a Codex to insulate future minds from the drivel of the entertainment industry as it stands today.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well okay, it actually is possible to reach this outcome by creating a subforum where:

Nobody except staff can create threads
Nobody except staff can post
Everybody can edit everybody's posts

So one of us staff members would create a single thread in this forum and there you go.

Just brainstorming here though, it's a silly idea. Plus it wouldn't be a very fun thread if there were no posts in it except the OP.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I expect you can't, but am crap at internet tech.

I wanted to create a thread in the Library for great childhood films for me to watch for people to put together for their families/kids. Because I'm just that friendly.

But mainly because everything today is brainswashing shit that wants to turn your kids into fucktards.
You are aware that someone will ruin it, probably me. You would need constant backups somewhere and would need to verify every single film/link constantly. Just make a notepad list instead.
Here, i'll even give you one to start your notepad off with.

Alex

Arcane
Wikidex, the free Codex anyone can edit.

Edit: Being serious, wouldn't it be possible to create a wiki plugged to the login of the codex and work from there, if you wanted something more professional?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I have no idea what you're talkiing about. I'll just motivate myself to create a normal thread in the library, and if it turns to shit, I'll blame everyone else.

The Red Knight

Erudite
Post editing wasn't made with multiplayer in mind so sooner or later people would overwrite each other's work by two or more people doing edits at the same time and each being based on the post state from when they started editing.

What you need is an MMO notepad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborative_real-time_editor
(or a moderator bot that'd edit into the OP posts with enough brofists / remove edits with enough downvotes)

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Why not? We can even rake in huge bucks while doing it. Just rebrand the site as WIKI-DEX or whatever, call ourselves a 'media foundation' and file with the feds as a 501C3, and put up a giant donation banner on the front page. *will also help if we advocate for retards, homeless clowns, or people who talk to plants*

Soon we'll all be sitting on a beach earning 20%.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Well okay, it actually is possible to reach this outcome by creating a subforum where:

Nobody except staff can create threads
Nobody except staff can post
Everybody can edit everybody's posts

So one of us staff members would create a single thread in this forum and there you go.

Just brainstorming here though, it's a silly idea. Plus it wouldn't be a very fun thread if there were no posts in it except the OP.

And what would be the point? What do you think will happen?

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
CE3397A7F854D43BA22697051FC7CD4CADA284F4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom