Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can you please list modern games that use small font size and GUI .

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
I'm visually impaired so i don't want to waste money on games that i can't change the font size .

( display resolution 1920x1080 )

Thank you .

RolePlayer

Augur
As someone who also has below average eyesight, i'm not sure why GUI/fontsize customization hasn't become a universal standard in games yet. It's especially noticeable when going back to older games on newer resolutions. Without really good vision it's unplayable.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
As someone who also has below average eyesight, i'm not sure why GUI/fontsize customization hasn't become a universal standard in games yet. It's especially noticeable when going back to older games on newer resolutions. Without really good vision it's unplayable.

I guess their argument is if you can't see our games, fuck off, why are you playing it?

Vorark

Erudite
Serpent in the Staglands comes to mind, loved the aesthetics but the pixelated font was really hard on my eyes.

Despite being crashgrabs, the Infinity Engine games "enhanced" by Beamdog are a blessing for people with poor vision since you can easily adjust the font size. The bigger fonts mods available to BG2 (and BG1 via Tutu/BGT) were at most a band-aid solution.

Exhuminator

Arcane
It's not all that modern now (2007), but the first game that came to mind was the original Etrian Odyssey.

30qh6e.jpg

Vorark

Erudite
Yeah, was really bad. The European release had a readable font, though.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh yes this, seriously screw games that don't let you change font size. I played Injustice 2 several weeks ago and god damn the subtitle in this game is horrible, not only they don't break lines properly and each line has too much text in them, they are also presented in this tiny ass font size.

DUUKBPK.jpg

Terra

Cipher
Distant Worlds UI and font size were particularly unreadable to me at high resolutions.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
CK2, but they fixed it. Holy shit, the font size was ridiculous.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I actually prefer smaller font sizes for readability. But there are a few games where the font size is pretty large and I'd like to reduce it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom