Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cancelled NWN premium module Tyrants of the Moonsea completed and released by Ossian after 13 years

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are no trannies in DND just people who got sex changed onto actual men and women via spell or object like belt from BG1 if you seen real life tranny you would know the difference Comrade. As to buying this NO and no because of politics of Beamdog but because I own Diamond Edition which is superior fully patched and polished game, do your module for it and I will buy it Comrades.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are no trannies in DND just people who got sex changed onto actual men and women via spell or object like belt from BG1 if you seen real life tranny you would know the difference Comrade. As to buying this NO and no because of politics of Beamdog but because I own Diamond Edition which is superior fully patched and polished game, do your module for it and I will buy it Comrades.

That was the point I made during the SOD drama. In a world where sexual characteristics can be perfectly changed by spells, the whole modern trans identity wouldn't exist.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
the whole modern trans identity wouldn't exist
I think it still would. Trannies really don't want to pass, they want you to know they're a special tranny snowflake, but still force you to play along with the insanity.

If they simply wanted to pass while engaging in virtual LARPing they'd simply make their character whatever gender they imagine they are and be done with it, no need for all that "tee hee but I'm really a lady in a man's body" bullshit.

But even if that weren't the case there certainly more subtle and interesting ways to inject tranny shit into a game than some random fuckwit telling you he's one the moment you meet him. If Beamdog weren't untalented, lazy subhumans they'd have actually tried to better mesh their shit into the game itself, maybe built a quest around helping this freak mutilate himself, but no, all they wanted was some asspats from their fellow clowns, not enhance the game by adding interesting content to it.

This laziness and apathy enrage me more than the disgusting politics they peddle. I wouldn't be nearly as mad if all the original content they added to the game wasn't fucking garbage. Anyone can derive enjoyment from a good game, or good content, regardless of their political inclinations if they can feel the passion of the creative team behind it, but with Beamdog you get Minsc's voice actor say "Really it's all about ethics in heroic adventuring". It's like watching toddlers smearing their shit on a work of art.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Freaking out about something written in an expansion pack released over three years ago, by a team that was entirely laid off soon afterwards, in the thread about a DLC developed by an entirely different studio for an entirely different game. Transgender dysphoria is real, but it's not what people think it is

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
All the transgender politics REEEEEEEEEE aside, I'm tempted to pick this up.

I was a but a babe when NWN came out and spent every minute of my waking life on it, every minute that my brother wasn't beating me away from his PC with a stick, that is.

We had a pirated copy and I eventually asked my parents for a legit one so we could keep playing on persistent worlds once the CD Key crackdown began.

Are the other Ossian modules any good?

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Good. I'll finish Darkness over Daggerford in a couple of days, so right on time.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm. A genuine moral quandry. I don't have these that often. These mods were really brilliant. I've played them multiple times, and it felt almost as bad on the third part as KOTOR2 did when that ending dropped off a cliff. Great to see it restored.

Once again Beamdog are picking off the talents of other people. Just wish they had given the author of these mods the chance to work on SOD. I'll probably have to buy NWNEE now. In a sale at least. I feel pretty dirty making that stament now. Probably deserve a shit rating or 10.

I wonder what the Codex's resident dragon lady thinks: Lilura?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm. A genuine moral quandry. I don't have these that often. These mods were really brilliant. I've played them multiple times, and it felt almost as bad on the third part as KOTOR2 did when that ending dropped off a cliff. Great to see it restored.

Once again Beamdog are picking off the talents of other people. Just wish they had given the author of these mods the chance to work on SOD. I'll probably have to buy NWNEE now. In a sale at least. I feel pretty dirty making that stament now. Probably deserve a shit rating or 10.

I wonder what the Codex's resident dragon lady thinks: Lilura?

Already answered in the main NWN:EE thread. She doesn't like it because it's not as good as Swordflight.

cainus-lupus

Novice
Freaking out about something written in an expansion pack released over three years ago, by a team that was entirely laid off soon afterwards, in the thread about a DLC developed by an entirely different studio for an entirely different game. Transgender dysphoria is real, but it's not what people think it is

It's obvious Beamdog learned at least enough to not try monetizing nostalgia using talentless hacks without any CV messing with cult classic material.
Them trying to revive premium modules making business with top notch modders that actually proved their worth is another thing entirely. If those modules will be good we will get quality content.
Though I wouldn't write of SoD as just some expansion, it was wasted potential, partialy because some cretin hired third rate fanfic author rather than fork some cash for half decent writter, while at the same time paying original voice actors. Partialy, because SoD was complete technical mess when released, and it was just glorified mod for very old and very stable game... That level of incompetence makes people careful about further original content firmed by Beamdog.

So yeah, working with great modders makes sense. And I WANT premium modules to succeed. It's not that we get tons of quality oldschool content right now. I'm willing to pay for that to support authors of such content, while at the same time I'll reserve my right to treat Beamdog as complete morons and asshats. They earned that.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's obvious Beamdog learned at least enough to not try monetizing nostalgia using talentless hacks without any CV messing with cult classic material.

Is it? They would have "Enhanced" IWD2 if they had managed to find the source code. As far as I can see, Beamdog have no qualms about cashing in on nostalgia, it's just that now they want to make their own game.

What I'm saying is, it isn't about them learning from "a mistake" in so far as Beamdog don't think the EEs were a mistake, or Siege of Dragonspear. It's simply a decision to move on to something else.

Them trying to revive premium modules making business with top notch modders that actually proved their worth is another thing entirely.

I'd wager there isn't enough money in this endeavor or enough willingness. NWN:EE wasn't anywhere near as successful as the IE:EEs. And again, Beamdog are moving on. I'm not saying we won't see another premium module, but it's not going to be enough.

If it was going to be enough, that would have happened with Darkness Over Daggerford. That module was infinitely more popular than Tyrants, much more loved and remembered, and yet its EE release didn't create much of a splash. Let's see here... 60,000 views of my DoD walkthrough over 3 years... which has been 1st-ranked on Google for those three years (and 4th-5th for DoD generally).

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Is it? They would have "Enhanced" IWD2 if they had managed to find the source code. As far as I can see, Beamdog have no qualms about cashing in on nostalgia, it's just that now they want to make their own game.

What I'm saying is, it isn't about them learning from "a mistake" in so far as Beamdog don't think the EEs were a mistake, or Siege of Dragonspear. It's simply a decision to move on to something else.

Are they working on something? I know there was this cancelled Planescape-game, but was there something else?

Last edited:

cainus-lupus

Novice

Them trying to revive premium modules making business with top notch modders that actually proved their worth is another thing entirely.

I'd wager there isn't enough money in this endeavor or enough willingness. NWN:EE wasn't anywhere near as successful as the IE:EEs. And again, Beamdog are moving on. I'm not saying we won't see another premium module, but it's not going to be enough.

If it was going to be enough, that would have happened with Darkness Over Daggerford. That module was infinitely more popular than Tyrants, much more loved and remembered, and yet its EE release didn't create much of a splash. Let's see here... 60,000 views of my DoD walkthrough over 3 years... which has been 1st-ranked on Google for those three years (and 4th-5th for DoD generally).

I don't mind EE, or SoD as a concept. Especially console and mobile ports, as I can play Baldurs Gate in a train without hassle. Android port is quite good and stable now. I don't like them porting IE games to BG2 engine, their dumb prestige classes and stay away from moronic original SJW content. On my home PC I have standard BG installed, without their "enhancements".

I wouldn't mind SoD too if it wasn't made by hacks with agenda. Just commercial expansion for the game with adequate writing (lets be honest, original BG wasn't anything but) would be OK in my book.

But NvN:EE seems to be without any intrusive additions, as PT was (they hired Avellone and sweared they didn't modernize it by adding Annah and Fall'From Grace lesbian romance and Morte questioning his gender). Am I right about this?

I dunno how big the market is with mobile and console releases, I doubt your blog is that big of indicator TBH. If they sell second one it might mean there is some traction, or they are as incopetent on business side of things as in other fields. Who knows?

Didn't know they're doing original IP. This is going to be great, transgender dwarfs and demisexual hobbit trying nationalize dragons hoard to settle orc immigrants. RPS will give two thumbs up without even playing it, which is good because it will be unplayable buggy mess at launch. Just a hunch.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I dunno how big the market is with mobile and console releases, I doubt your blog is that big of indicator TBH.

I didn't say it was "a big" indicator, but it does give an indication of the subject's popularity. If two of my write-ups are ranked 1st in Google and one garners 60,000 views and another garners 2 million, there is an indication that the latter is more popular.

And I don't think it's drawing a long bow to suggest that many customers Google products before and after the purchase.

If they sell second one it might mean there is some traction, or they are as incopetent on business side of things as in other fields. Who knows?

TotM is their second already. DoD was their first. There is no traction according to my data. You can dimiss my data but at least I have supplied some.

TotM write-up pre-Steam release: 2,500 views.
TotM write-up to-date: 3,100 views.

Siege of Dragonspear write-up to-date: 2,000,000+ views.

NWN isn't popular. Note only that, I have several years of data that indicates NWN2 is as popular as NWN, despite not getting an EE.

I'm high-ranked in Google authority on all this crap.

cainus-lupus

Novice
I dunno how big the market is with mobile and console releases, I doubt your blog is that big of indicator TBH.

I didn't say it was "a big" indicator, but it does give an indication of the subject's popularity. If two of my write-ups are ranked 1st in Google and one garners 60,000 views and another garners 2 million, there is an indication that the latter is more popular.

And I don't think it's drawing a long bow to suggest that many customers Google products before and after the purchase.

If they sell second one it might mean there is some traction, or they are as incopetent on business side of things as in other fields. Who knows?

TotM is their second already. DoD was their first. There is no traction according to my data. You can dimiss my data but at least I have supplied some.

TotM write-up pre-Steam release: 2,500 views.
TotM write-up to-date: 3,100 views.

Siege of Dragonspear write-up to-date: 2,000,000+ views.

NWN isn't popular. Note only that, I have several years of data that indicates NWN2 is as popular as NWN, despite not getting an EE.

I'm high-ranked in Google authority on all this crap.
Tbh, I wanted to rectify my point but site had a hiccup. As of now I'm not so sure people necessarily google all their buys. When it comes to few dolars transactions user reviews will usually suffice. Many will never even open it after buy, forgeting they ever have it. Buyer habbits changed with online stores timed promos.

I've bought DoD as part of Gog bundle for few bucks some time ago in a weekend promo. I've checked store reviews, there were few very positive ones so I added it to the cart. I believe I'm not the only one.

I'm sure some time from now there will be some super extra complete package with all premium modules, then 50% off, then 70. Because of the way electronnic shops sell stuff and multiple platforms those things are very hard to track over time - thats what I was trying to say. I believe that spontaneous/flash sale buyers are a thing now. Long tail and all that, money adds up.

Doesn't meant your data is useless though, you're probably right about NvN being low profile compared to IE games and NvN2. This is my personal experience too tbh.

Last edited:
I think it still would. Trannies really don't want to pass, they want you to know they're a special tranny snowflake, but still force you to play along with the insanity.

If they simply wanted to pass while engaging in virtual LARPing they'd simply make their character whatever gender they imagine they are and be done with it, no need for all that "tee hee but I'm really a lady in a man's body" bullshit.

But even if that weren't the case there certainly more subtle and interesting ways to inject tranny shit into a game than some random fuckwit telling you he's one the moment you meet him. If Beamdog weren't untalented, lazy subhumans they'd have actually tried to better mesh their shit into the game itself, maybe built a quest around helping this freak mutilate himself, but no, all they wanted was some asspats from their fellow clowns, not enhance the game by adding interesting content to it.

This laziness and apathy enrage me more than the disgusting politics they peddle. I wouldn't be nearly as mad if all the original content they added to the game wasn't fucking garbage. Anyone can derive enjoyment from a good game, or good content, regardless of their political inclinations if they can feel the passion of the creative team behind it, but with Beamdog you get Minsc's voice actor say "Really it's all about ethics in heroic adventuring". It's like watching toddlers smearing their shit on a work of art.

- find NPC who wants you to help them find the sex change girdle
- you can question them on what they want to do with such a foul accursed item, they give a vague reply about magical research, make it sound clumsy or bashful if you want to make it more obvious that their interest might not be purely academic
- you find the girdle and deliver it, noticing they are very eager to take it off your hands, or they could be downplaying their excitement, trying to make like it's not a big deal but I suppose we could begin the research right now, right
- they say they find the change pleasant and ask if they can keep it, maintaining the weak research excuse for light humor if desired

There, somewhat believable tranny character for the setting. It might not get the game a "There Is A Transgender Character In Balder's Gates and I am Screaming" article from a videogames website but I imagine the public (including trannies) would like that more.

cainus-lupus

Novice

- find NPC who wants you to help them find the sex change girdle
- you can question them on what they want to do with such a foul accursed item, they give a vague reply about magical research, make it sound clumsy or bashful if you want to make it more obvious that their interest might not be purely academic
- you find the girdle and deliver it, noticing they are very eager to take it off your hands, or they could be downplaying their excitement, trying to make like it's not a big deal but I suppose we could begin the research right now, right
- they say they find the change pleasant and ask if they can keep it, maintaining the weak research excuse for light humor if desired

There, somewhat believable tranny character for the setting. It might not get the game a "There Is A Transgender Character In Balder's Gates and I am Screaming" article from a videogames website but I imagine the public (including trannies) would like that more.
One addition. Make this NPC multiple quests giver and/or magic item vendor, so that it wouldn't be all about his sexuality. In other words, make him interesting in some way as character, outside of his interests. But other than that I believe you've nailed it.

I remember transsexual people criticizing SoD for token, shallow and unrealistic representation of them.

EDIT: I'm new here so quick question. I've been given autism badge which (given nature of this forum) I believe is the greatest honor that can be bestowed. So what's the progression now? If I get 10 I will become moderator?

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's a weird fascination with trannies in this thread.
Also in tabletop gaming.
DmqkGJ1WsAAc8nP.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Normally I don't have an issue with transgenders in RPGs but when they turn it into RuPaul's Drag Race or bring in the freaky oversexed furries and they're in my face so to speak then I have a problem.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
So, I payed 15 bucks for the Bumdog "Enhanced" Edition and 8 bucks for this module. Couldn't play it for long because it crashes all the time and I have better things to do than restarting the game every 5 mins and replay whatever I would have to replay from the last save.
"Enhancement" not detected. Releasing the game in this state and taking money for it is an effrontery.

Curratum

I bought NWNE at one point in time, even got some DLC with it. 45 minutes later I refunded everything. The game is a broken, laggy, glitchy mess.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
NWN non-EE was consistently discounted to like 2 bucks and was even free once before Beamdog took it over, Diamond works perfectly fine on my Win7 rig and you didn't give money to Beamdog who have never enhanced anything in their life. You have no-one but yourselves to blame for not snatching it then tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom