Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't install Teudogar in Windows Me.

Anonymous

For some reason I can not seem to be able to install Teudogar on any computer with Windows Millenium. Yeah, yeah, I know Me is crap... but it's what's on the computers at work (not my choice), and I haven't had time to upgrade my system at home. One computer at work runs Win98, and it installed just fine... too bad it's a computer I could never get away with playing a game on (too easy for the boss to see)

Each time I've tried to install I get the folder options and it ends with:

Error while creating directories:
Couldn't create folder
`::{ seemingly random string of numbers & letters }\Teudogar.SAV'.

I know I have permission on these computers, I set up a couple at work and my home system.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Re: Can't install Teudogar in Windows Me

I'm sorry. I had really believed I had fixed this problem with the 1.01 version. But apparently the cause of this problem is something different from what I thought it was: It looks as if the Setup's function requesting the name of your "My Documents"-folder doesn't work on Win ME. I'll see what I can do there. Thanks for your detailed error report!

Please try running this small program: http://www.teudogar.com/tdogr100setupfix.exe (124 kb). That'll write a defaut folder name for Teudogar to your Windows-registry. When you afterwards run Tdogr100.Exe (or Tdogr101.Exe or Setup.Exe from the Full Version CD), the game should install to this pre-set folder, thereby avoiding the problem. Does this work on your system?

Anonymous

The fix worked

Thanks for the fix. Now I can try the game and see if I would find it worth $19.50 (including shipping) for the full version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom