Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think the music is kind of an afterthought, last I heard they were just going to add some of the old songs they still have the rights for and let people play their own tunes through steam music player or something. I guess they've decided to pad it with some free fan made stuff.

Astral Rag

Arcane

Hey Carmafans, nobby here with the news you’ve all been waiting for! It’s the launch of the PUBIC PUBLIC BETA of Carmageddon: Reincarnation! Let the Valentine’s Day Massacre commence! Yes, starting RIGHT NOW you can play the FULL GAME including MULTIPLAYER!!

So if you haven’t already, give yer life partner a quick peck on the cheek and then SLING ‘EM OUT. Get yourself parked in front of the PC with a six pack and a box of man-size tissues… because today it’s all about YOU and the Worldwide Carmageddon Community cumming together for a massive ORGY of red hot throbbing HARD-RAMMING ACTION. You show us your Piledriver and we’ll show you our Cunning Stunt! Is that a Repulsificator in your pocket or are you just Ejaculating? OMG check out that PELVIC THRUST – quick, hit the Pause Button and JIZZ all over their WRECKED’ EM!

The PUBLIC BETA release is the WHOLE DAMN GAME. It’s got Career Mode, Freeplay and Multiplayer. It’s got all the Achievements and Challenges. It’s got a full complement of cars, levels and arenas. And it’s got the Smelly Bush collectibles too! THAT’S PUBICWANG!

So don’t forget, it’s the PUBLIC PUBIC BETA* – we want you to play, play, play and tell us what you think! Go to the thread in the forums and natter about the game, or contact us through our support system if you spot anything amiss!

And we’re still giving away the original games too in our Carmageddon collection – that’s FOUR games for the price of ONE! Yes, buy Carmageddon: Reincarnation and you also get the original Carmageddon (the Max Pack, which includes the Splat Pack), Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now, and Carmageddon TDR 2000! So now’s the time to jump in, buckle up, put the pedal to the metal and PUNCH IT… Forget When Harry Met Sally – this is When Bladey Met Peddy!! (nobby, you’re fired. Shane)

To coincide with this announcement, we’ve released ANOTHER new promo video to show the world what an AMAZING PUBIC BETA this is! Check out the action and see what a SIZZLING HOT Valentine’s you’ve got to look forward to once the Beta’s downloaded! And while you’re AT IT, you’ll also be hearing excerpts from another of the game’s extensive playlist of music tracks.

PLUS! To further celebrate this momentous moment, there’s a NEW TEE in the Store! Featuring a quote by the famous Bard (and handsome beast) of Carma, Psycho Pitbull, it’s this season’s hot tee! Mmm… Hot tea. So get over there now to order yourself a “PedPulpinWreckMakinPiledrivinPUpLovinBushHuntinMileMunchin FoxPwninEagleOwninNeverGivinHotRodPISsin Carmageddon” t-shirt. Tee Hee!

https://carmageddon.teemill.co.uk/

*Note: As this is a Beta release, from time to time between Beta and full release there may be patches and updates to the game, which may result in your Save game being reset and Career progress lost – including Leaderboard positions (we will do all we can to avoid this, but it’s possible). At the same time, any Challenge progress would also be reset. But that just means you get to have ALL the fun over AGAIN! (Any Achievements that have been unlocked will remain so.)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/Carmageddon_Reincarnation/announcements/detail/244654932087648605

Downloading...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Blobert spotted :smug:

skLInWg.png

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just downloaded this, played it for a 10 minutes or so.

Pros
-10gb download
-Loading times have vastly improved
-Performance is much better
-Games seems more balanced at normal (Compared to old Carma games, haven't played the alpha much), doesn't just give me dickloads of credits
-Handling is great, typical Carmageddon

Cons
-The game looks uhhh, depressing? I have this feeling it looked better during the alpha? Maybe it's something in my settings

Will play more after switching to my TV and controller.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guess the "patch" just deleted all the alpha files (20gb of them) and slapped the beta files on top of it then, cause that was the exact download size for me and I had it installed.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait and see if they optimize it more/I get a better PC, the first 10 mins on a level are complete framedrop rape, and I can't do sharp turns or it starts struggling. Can't really fault it for not running well on my pc though , I'm way below the minimum requirements, I don't even have a directx 11 card. Still got to electro bastard the kwandeggers so I'm satisfied. :love:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Had a go, mostly what Astral Rag said. This feels like the old Carmageddon, but needs optimization.

I met a cop car, damn thing wrecked my car twice. I was throwing mortar and anvils at him and he barely noticed. Then I met one of the CU-NT cars and wrecked it with a ACME Damage Magnifier.

And plowing through the stadium was just as fun as it was all those years ago. Am I mistaken, or does the stadium now have floors?

Oh, and "Groovin' Peds" has to be heard to be believed.

Astral Rag

Arcane
No you're right the Stadium has been inclined. BTW
you can find a Pedestrian Electro-bastard Ray close to one of the field goals :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom