Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's gonna be average at best.

Just like any and every mainstream RPG. Some games just have better chances of rising up to becoming mediocre than others.

Does anyone really expects anything good from this game? It's gonna be average at best. Made only for idiots

I only monitor this thread to marvel at the spectacle of people who still think CDPR is some kind of incline-capable developer or that this game will somehow be anything other than currentyear AAA shit.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There are still degrees of average. Like, Ass Creed: Origins was good average, but Ass Creed: Odyssey was bad average. And Witcher 3 is very good average, while DA:I is average average. See?

What. 3/4 are literally detestable crap you low standard shit eater

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
the CD Project RED screenwriters wrote the story for a female hero

ghostbusters-girl-power.jpg

71iQMMt.jpg

ReXXr9h.jpg

_2401be96-4da0-11e6-8d8d-a42edc5c5383.jpg

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't care about the lead being female, what bothers me is why they feel the need to announce it from the rooftops and make a big deal about it. That makes me suspect it was done for brownie points, which makes me suspect that the writing will be dogshit.

If you want to make the lead female by default then do it, just get on with it and stop announcing it like you expect a fucking medal.

I've played plenty of great games with female leads and the devs never fucking blathered on social media and in interviews about how progressive they were, they just made the fucking game.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I don't care about the lead being female, what bothers me is why they feel the need to announce it from the rooftops and make a big deal about it. That makes me suspect it was done for brownie points, which makes me suspect that the writing will be dogshit.
You suspicion is true, it's like they preemptively want to excuse themselves first about potentially horrid illogical dialogue lines, some routes and quests being barely fleshed out for other sex and all that. CDPR knows RPG Codex won't favor this game.

You suspicion is true, it's like they preemptively want to excuse themselves first about potentially horrid illogical dialogue lines, some routes and quests being barely fleshed out for other sex and all that. CDPR knows RPG Codex won't favor this game.

Yep. Any and all criticism of this game can now be dismissed as sexist by default.

S.torch

Arbiter
If you want to make the lead female by default then do it, just get on with it and stop announcing it like you expect a fucking medal.

What medal? What announcing? They simply said they started writing the story with a female protagonist and nothing more. If they wanted a medal, like you said, they would have launched their cinematic trailer with a female instead, not with a polish looking dude.

At this point of the thread, it's just complaining for the sick of it and maybe some nice and sweet brofist harvesting.

jf8350143

Liturgist

What medal? What announcing? They simply said they started writing the story with a female protagonist and nothing more. If they wanted a medal, like you said, they would have launched their cinematic trailer with a female instead, not with a polish looking dude.

At this point of the thread, it's just complaining for the sick of it and maybe some nice and sweet brofist harvesting.

I bet they want to make a female pre-set protagonist when they write the story and then decide to change that because it won't sell as well as a pre-set male protagonist or a player created one.

Sykar

Arcane

Yosharian

Arcane

If I was a writer for CDPR I'd be embarrassed to even bring it up because it would bring the focus away from the writing and onto fucking virtue-signalling progressive politics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom