Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lol Elon's new car looks like a low-texture car from a 90's action game.

Or when you load up GTA with mods, and the texture and rendering hasn't kicked in yet :P

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Lol Elon's new car looks like a low-texture car from a 90's action game.

Or when you load up GTA with mods, and the texture and rendering hasn't kicked in yet :P

We gotta give him a break. Musk was a bit foggy headed, due to all those recent time travel experiments. He thought he was going to use his Musk-mobile to promote the release of BAD DUDES. They even had to ask him to take off the sweat pants and finger-less gloves.

Prime Junta

actual reasons

Yeah sure, really fucking stupid ones.

That thing is never going to hit the public roads. No rear-view mirrors. The headlight is basically a strip in front, you can't focus an effective headlight beam from that, optics don't work like that. And there's no way it'll pass pedestrian safety regulations with sharp angles that even remotely look like that. Never even mind that the design is ridiculously impractical for a truck, making it out of 2 mm thick stainless steel is pointless and expensive, and pretending it'll cost $39k doesn't add up.

At this point he's just trolling everybody with Tesla. His real thing is SpaceX and that actually has some substance to it: he really wants to go to Mars and you can't get there on hype alone.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah sure, really fucking stupid ones.

That thing is never going to hit the public roads. No rear-view mirrors. The headlight is basically a strip in front, you can't focus an effective headlight beam from that, optics don't work like that. And there's no way it'll pass pedestrian safety regulations with sharp angles that even remotely look like that. Never even mind that the design is ridiculously impractical for a truck, making it out of 2 mm thick stainless steel is pointless and expensive, and pretending it'll cost $39k doesn't add up.
I'm pretty sure the car is just meant to be a prototype to create hype and guarantee preorders. Though your points regarding the lights and the mirrors (it needs side view mirrors, it has a rearview mirror) are all valid. I see no reason why it would fail the safety regulation test with the sharp angles though?

Efe

Erudite
you dont need mirrors when you have cam overlays on your windshield

Whipped Cream

Learned
Patron
I'm not surprised tbh. I think my post from three months ago is quite relevant:

Something that a lot of people seam to be forgetting is that CDPR's last game (Gwent) has lootboxes in it. Yes its a free-to-play cardgame, so its a somewhat different situaton, but lootboxes are lootboxes no whatter how you twist and turn it. Thus even though I think they probably won't put that type of monetization in their multiplayer to maintain their good reputation among gamers (their reputation as "the good guys" is worth many many millions of dollars in lost lootbox sales), there are reasons to be concerned about how they are planning to make returns on the many millions of dollars that adding multiplayer to the game is going to cost.

Danikas

Arcane
I'm not surprised tbh. I think my post from three months ago is quite relevant:

Something that a lot of people seam to be forgetting is that CDPR's last game (Gwent) has lootboxes in it. Yes its a free-to-play cardgame, so its a somewhat different situaton, but lootboxes are lootboxes no whatter how you twist and turn it. Thus even though I think they probably won't put that type of monetization in their multiplayer to maintain their good reputation among gamers (their reputation as "the good guys" is worth many many millions of dollars in lost lootbox sales), there are reasons to be concerned about how they are planning to make returns on the many millions of dollars that adding multiplayer to the game is going to cost.
Suprised about what? They are saying since 2010 at least that they look up to Rockstar and Blizzard and they think they are best video game companies, this is their Gta V, they can make so much money on the online aspect they wont let it pass. I only hope they will still make singleplayer expansions unlike Rockstar but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now with multiplayer microtransactions everyone! :bounce:
meh.png

Who cares about multiplayer in a made-for-singleplayer game? Let them cash in on the CoD retards.

Danikas

Arcane
What's next, DRM?
Gog Exclusive.

They already tried that with Thronebreaker it failed miserably. But to be fair it was a really bad title to be trying out GoG exclusive system on.
Yes the fucked themselves with that, Thronebreaker needed all the space it could get, that was a niche title on the other hand something like Cyberpunk voted 2 years in a row as the most anticipated game could work well similar to Half Life 2 and Steam.

jf8350143

Liturgist
meh.png

Who cares about multiplayer in a made-for-singleplayer game? Let them cash in on the CoD retards.

When they are cutting features from the single player game while at the same time spending resources on developing the multi-player mode.

Everyone should see the micro-transaction coming miles away the moment they announce multi-player mode. But somehow there are people who still believes CDPR are saints and gonna give the mode for free.

JDR13

Arcane
meh.png

When they are cutting features from the single player game while at the same time spending resources on developing the multi-player mode.

Everyone should see the micro-transaction coming miles away the moment they announce multi-player mode. But somehow there are people who still believes CDPR are saints and gonna give the mode for free.

Gotta love it when the kneejerk reaction to some vague news is to immediately start spreading bunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom