Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terenty

Liturgist
i see people everywhere that want to upgrade their pcs for this game,but it looks like a game from 2010 almost like deus ex.

I dont get it either. The game looks like fucking Human Revolution and they still behave like sheep after some clueless journo shill told them the game looked mindblowing at e3
527786-deus-ex-human-revolution-playstation-3-screenshot-with-social.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Theres_someone_behind_you_RGB-en.jpg

Yep no difference at all :hearnoevil:

236636_53f999803ce53bd3fa45969468158495.jpg

236633_6b73c02c6aaf27ab24de23678ba7e3a6.jpg

236634_26f4d4188e7d7727289431bd0e9466c4.jpg

236642_f6bd90480095256b13c4793705a7714e.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Doesn't look much better if you ask me

S.torch

Arbiter
It's look way better. Unless you're talking about things that don't matter at all and they only exist to be talked about in journalist articles, like resolution and photorealism.
You're not talking about these things, right?

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
the graphics are graphical for sure and are clearly graphical enough to satisfy the likes of ign, kotaku or rock, paper, shotgun. the real question is whether or not the general audience will find these graphics to be graphical enough given the amount of graphics in the last rockstar game, red dead redemption 2, which is understood by the masses to be very graphical.
I would like to remind you that when Fallout 3 came out it already looked like shit but it didn't stop those sites from giving it 9-10/10s and not even mention it anywhere.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
at least this is not going to get downgraded this time.

CDPR: "We understand that many were disappointed in the final graphical status of The Witcher 3 at release and we have made all assurances that the graphics will remain top-notch for Cyberpunk 2077. To that end we have focused all expected downgrades to affect only the gameplay and role-playing, leaving the graphics untouched. We look forward to you playing."

Dodo1610

Arcane
So the game will release in about 100 days and we haven't seen any new gameplay, we no nothing about the open world and most interestingly no one outside of CDP has ever played it, so we have absolutely zero knowledge about the real gameplay

Everyone: GOTY 2020 confirmed!

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
So the game will release in about 100 days and we haven't seen any new gameplay, we no nothing about the open world and most interestingly no one outside of CDP has ever played it, so we have absolutely zero knowledge about the real gameplay

We haven't seen any gameplay whatsover of Witcher 3 before release.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

We haven't seen any gameplay whatsover of Witcher 3 before release.

And after it released we knew exactly why. :M

S.torch

Arbiter
Decline is decline. Graphical decline is no exception.

You complain about decline while asking for more "graphical power". The irony is almost painful because we all know the more photorealism a game has, more money the developer will need, which means that they will have to appeal to a greater audience, with all that implies. And goes without saying that the more resources are diverted to graphics, the less will dedicated to narrative, gameplay or mechanics.

Is a bit sad that Codex of all places, you find people who don't understand this.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
this is what they always do. then when its reaaaaally close to release they show off the stripped down version
No, not stripped down, just unfinished. From what I saw they really rush the game to that April 2020 release date so much the forget to put details on base levels (to the point of forgetting to add that procedurally generated junk layer on the ground with a mouse click in level editor) and properly model, texture and skin the NPC models. AA also sucks but that is a given since it's not MSAA.

Old Hans

Arcane
this is what they always do. then when its reaaaaally close to release they show off the stripped down version
No, not stripped down, just unfinished. From what I saw they really rush the game to that April 2020 release date so much the forget to put details on base levels (to the point of forgetting to add that procedurally generated junk layer on the ground with a mouse click in level editor) and properly model, texture and skin the NPC models.
speaking of procedurally generated junk layers on the ground, Divsion 2 was amazing in that aspect.

Zeriel

Arcane
I've always felt like I'm popping crazy pills with this game because the Cyberpunk screenshots and videos never looked good to me. Maybe it's just the art style, but I've been underwhelmed, while acknowledging they are probably pushing more technological bounds than with the Witcher. That stuff can be very irrelevant to final looks, though. Assassins Creed Unity and pretty much every Rockstar game ever may be technically more advanced than other games, but they can also look worse, because putting hundreds of characters on screen does not necessarily translate into impressing the player. Some people may be into the gimmick, but I think the "lots of NPCs everywhere!" wow factor wears off pretty quick.

RPG Codex 2020 - "But- but- muh GRAPHICS!"

This is an ancient fallacy here on the Codex and it never makes much sense. Yeah, graphics whoring for non graphics whore games is dumb, but the whole point of popamole AAA is trading in good gameplay and design for graphic appeal. That's the devil's bargain, it's valid to criticize AAA games for their graphics and production value because that's the whole reason you play them. Whether the criticism is right or not is a whole other question.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The art design for Human Revolution is really good, things are cyberpunk inspired but with an unique take at it, Cyberpunk 2077 art design feels like cyberpunk tropes galore. I fail to see an identity on the art style, it is like the artists just took some random cyberpunk concept art and copy pasted.

Cat Dude

Savant
It's already a decline rpg to begin with as pretty and detailed graphics are really important to make up for it to attract casuals.

Cat Dude

Savant
The art design for Human Revolution is really good, things are cyberpunk inspired but with an unique take at it, Cyberpunk 2077 art design feels like cyberpunk tropes galore. I fail to see an identity on the art style, it is like the artists just took some random cyberpunk concept art and copy pasted.

It seems like they are trying too hard to make the setting look technology advanced and punk is just merely hairstyle.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
You complain about decline while asking for more "graphical power". The irony is almost painful because we all know the more photorealism a game has, more money the developer will need, which means that they will have to appeal to a greater audience, with all that implies. And goes without saying that the more resources are diverted to graphics, the less will dedicated to narrative, gameplay or mechanics.

Is a bit sad that Codex of all places, you find people who don't understand this.

Ahh yes, diverting resources for celebrities and shitty licensed music is much better. And are you seriously implying that they are NOT already trying to appeal to a greater audience?

CDPR shills lack the ability to think.

S.torch

Arbiter
Ahh yes, diverting resources for celebrities and shitty licensed music is much better.

And who said that diverting resources to celebrities was good? Is has bad as wasting money in mindless graphical improvement. But the difference here is that nobody is defending the money used in celebrities, while others are actively criticizing the developer for not wasting even more money in "graphics".

implying that they are NOT already trying to appeal to a greater audience?

Then why you're asking for the developer to low their standars even more by wasting money in pointless stuff? It seems that there is always room to get worse, it isn't?

KK1001

Arbiter
Funding doesn't work that way. There are only so many people you can throw at aspects of production. Getting the music right is extremely important, and contracting these artists to create new, original music for the game also works as a sort of advertising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom