Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
*whistles for cyberbike*
*autodrives on road to quest marker*
*toucan sam vision activates*
"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....Voodoo Boys™, gotta be"
"Come on, Keanu"
*follows cybernetic eye implants*
guys in Voodoo Boys™ costumes appear "OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' FIXER IT IS! GET "EM"
"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *hacks guys brainware and they stumble and recover immediately, aims minigun around corner and cuts guys in half"
"Mhmm....The Animals™ pretending to be Voodoo Boys™......better tell the CEO about this"
"Come on, Keanu"
*autodrives on road back to corporate plaza*
"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT FIXAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
"Just some bastards posing as Voodoo Boys™, here's proof shows Juice syringe"
"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA CORPORATION IS MUCH APPRECIATIVE"
"Who Do Voodoo" Complete AHHHHHHHHHH

10 eddies received

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Remember when CDPR didn't bend before SJWs crying about no niggers in Witcherland by adding some right at the beginning of Hearts of Stone? I remember.

They added a couple of Arab migrants, but only to slaughter them all. :obviously:
And the enchanter who tells you about how much more enlightened and cultured their country is compared to yours.

... while turning out to be an untrustworthy dick in deals where you can verify his claims.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
the game grafics look like shit,witcher is 5 years old and looks much better.
Man, this is so true. I just fired up Witcher 3 again recently, on an 1080ti, 4K and with TSLM on. It impressed me how it still looks completely relevant and at times amazing, even without any modding of meshes and textures.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Man, this is so true. I just fired up Witcher 3 again recently, on an 1080ti, 4K and with TSLM on. It impressed me how it still looks completely relevant and at times amazing, even without any modding of meshes and textures.
I don't get why you didn't pick up HD Reworked Project, this is a perfect match with TLSM.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't get why you didn't pick up HD Reworked Project, this is a perfect match with TLSM.
I didn't in the past because of my GTX 780's 3GB of VRAM. But now that I'm running the game on a 1080ti, this is actually a great idea.

One thing that makes me cautious about HD mods is that sometimes the differences are not very noticeable, and other times you get uneven levels of detail in textures that are used on objects which are very close to each other, which makes the lack of detail actually stick out more. I don't know if you've observed such a problem in HD Reworked.

Zer0wing

Cipher
One thing that makes me cautious about HD mods is that sometimes the differences are not very noticeable, and other times you get uneven levels of detail in textures that are used on objects which are very close to each other, which makes the lack of detail actually stick out more. I don't know if you've observed such a problem in HD Reworked.
Vanilla assets is the very definition of "uneven" quality. Things like wall, bushes, ground textures, et cetera got less attention that characters, clothing, weapons, buildings. Naturally for optimization purposes. I haven't noticed anything uneven in newest HD Reworked Project, though the oldest versions were, naturally, incomplete and gave this 'uneven' vibe. Textures are small in quantity and size and mixed together with shaders, they're copypasted and mixed together so they don't look so bad.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Problem of witcher 3 is that the open world is pretty static an empty once you finish the game there is no reason to come back. Ok it may look amazing with hd texture mods but that's about it

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Problem of witcher 3 is that the open world is pretty static an empty once you finish the game there is no reason to come back. Ok it may look amazing with hd texture mods but that's about it
You maybe expected it to give you a blowjob after you finish all the content? Or maybe radiant quests would be preferable?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

No i expect an open world to be interesting and somewhat simulative. Red dead 2 is a good example but there are many good examples of a well done living open world Kenshi is another good example. Otherwise doing an open world is just a waste. Witcher 3 has nothing that can justify an open world it could had been a perfect game even if it was structured in hubs like witcher 2. The witcher3 open world is pointless because outside quest railroading is absolutely static and empty. There is much that can be done to maintain an open world lively even when completed the game leaving an open world empty and dead makes the open world pointless.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"one of the worst"? That's a bit harsh.
Sure, exploration in PB games is more rewarding and interesting.

But is a beautiful and believable, skillfully crafted fantasy world, like in the Witcher 3, really among the worst?
Is it inferior to the Elder Scrolls? Sure those have more physics and items and zones, plus dungeons every second step, but is that really preferable?

IMO the Witcher 3 failed in other areas, primarily itemization and character progression. Not great combat also. Personally I found the world to be quite impressive.... and damn beautiful.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Vanilla assets is the very definition of "uneven" quality. Things like wall, bushes, ground textures, et cetera got less attention that characters, clothing, weapons, buildings. Naturally for optimization purposes. I haven't noticed anything uneven in newest HD Reworked Project, though the oldest versions were, naturally, incomplete and gave this 'uneven' vibe. Textures are small in quantity and size and mixed together with shaders, they're copypasted and mixed together so they don't look so bad.
Maybe it's me, but I never paid much attention. The only textures I'd like improved are the ones on the trees when seen from a bigger distance, they are the only thing that I can say I'm noticing as looking bad. Also, many of these lower quality textures are conscious compromise because of the video memory limitations on consoles and lower end PC videocards. Anyway, I have nothing to lose, so I'll give it a try.

Zer0wing

Cipher
You maybe expected it to give you a blowjob after you finish all the content? Or maybe radiant quests would be preferable?
I prefer having actual random encounters, level design more akin to Gothic games and more thorough immediate seen in-game concequences for my actions as a Geralt during actual walkthrough. You know, gameplay that developers ran out of time to add and decided to fill the map with question marks. Wishes, wishes, wishes...
No, there's no need for radiant witcher contracts but post-endgame content akin to what Fallout 2 and modded New Vegas had is preferable to nothingness.

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
Maybe it's me, but I never paid much attention. The only textures I'd like improved are the ones on the trees when seen from a bigger distance, they are the only thing that I can say I'm noticing as looking bad. Also, many of these lower quality textures are conscious compromise because of the video memory limitations on consoles and lower end PC videocards. Anyway, I have nothing to lose, so I'll give it a try.
I used that texture pack with a 2gb 660 with medium texture settings and it still looked better than vanilla

AwesomeButton

Patron
I used that texture pack with a 2gb 660 with medium texture settings and it still looked better than vanilla
It was this video that actually dissuaded me from trying it last time I was choosing mods for a modded run, which according to nexusmods has been in 2017. Most of the examples were objects I tend not to concentrate on. However, I'll give it a try now.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
ASAP Rocky - shitty modern mumble rap

Rocky is like way older and like a different generation than current mumble rappers, sis. I mean he’s well known for having pretty flows in his raps:

Ignorance is so not a good lewk.

Who cares what subgenre of talking niggas is this? It's talking niggas. Listen to some real music, dude.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom