Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Knowing CDPR I'm sure there will cyberpunk hotties around, but probably not as in your face as they might have been in the old days because of ye olde politikal klimate.

Also in Witcher lore the sorceresses are exceedingly beautiful and grand looking by design (something the show kind of fucked up).

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Also in Witcher lore the sorceresses are exceedingly beautiful and grand looking by design (something the show kind of fucked up).

What changed in the show? I haven't(and probably won't) see it.

It would be very strange to downplay provocative dress and sexuality in an urban futuristic setting. Electronic club/party scenes are already full to the brim with that stuff and have been for ages. Of course CDPR care more about politics and sensibilities than the artistic integrity of the setting, though. Just like how gore has only been reduced in films/games over the years.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Yennefer is okay looking but the girl they got to play Triss looks like a fucking Walmart Mom and dressed in a nightgown looking thing. At least Yen wears nice clothes and has quality tits. It was mostly Triss that annoys me.

Also Yen fights with a sword instead of magic 90% of the time and takes on like 5 big dudes at once, which... okay.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Yennefer is okay looking but the girl they got to play Triss looks like a fucking Walmart Mom and dressed in a nightgown looking thing. At least Yen wears nice clothes and has quality tits. It was mostly Triss that annoys me.

Also Yen fights with a sword instead of magic 90% of the time and takes on like 5 big dudes at once, which... okay.

Ahaha, they made Triss black?!?! She looks ancient, like a leather cushion come to life.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
These are the times we live in.

To be fair, a lot of shows-based-on-books struggle when casting the women because they're almost always hotter in the book than you can find as working yet affordable actresses in hollywood. Whereas the guys mostly just have to be ripped.

Yosharian

Arcane

To be fair, a lot of shows-based-on-books struggle when casting the women because they're almost always hotter in the book than you can find as working yet affordable actresses in hollywood. Whereas the guys mostly just have to be ripped.
Geralt is kind of handsome too in a rugged way, I don't think the casting requirements for that role were merely 'be ripped'

Same goes for every single male superhero from MCU, or any other fantasy/comic book franchise. The guys are always Adonis..es, chiseled from granite

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Geralt is kind of handsome too in a rugged way, I don't think the casting requirements for that role were merely 'be ripped'

Same goes for every single male superhero from MCU, or any other fantasy/comic book franchise. The guys are always Adonis..es, chiseled from granite

I'm not arguing with that, but I just think it's an easier ask to get a leading man actor who is in (or will get in) great shape and is reasonably handsome than to find women that are, per lore, supposed to be exquisitely beautiful (but, because it's a tv show, also need to be decent actors). There aren't a ton of super hot actresses out there in Hollywood right now imo.

But yeah... the current social climate has a lot to do with it too.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I agree, Triss is a big fail. And Fringilla. The rest of the sorceresses are rather ok. Personally found Yenn pretty great.
But yeah, her dagger skillz/aptitude were rather... surprising. The entire dragon confrontation very underwhelming and wrong.

Though not as surprising as badass Vilgefortz (only human to ever best Geralt in a duel... or rather massacre him) spending all his mana on a silly returning sword trick and getting his ass kicked by pushover Cahir (whom Geralt kicked around like a puppy)...

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
does this game have real gameplay video released? not the narrated one from last year E3/gamescom. just people playing the game with unscripted/ minimal commentary

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
ASAP Rocky - shitty modern mumble rap

Rocky is like way older and like a different generation than current mumble rappers, sis. I mean he’s well known for having pretty flows in his raps:

Ignorance is so not a good lewk.

Who cares what subgenre of talking niggas is this? It's talking niggas. Listen to some real music, dude.

lemme see yo pass, mothafucka

It seem like I wasn't precise enough. I don't care whether it's blacks or whites - there are great black musicians. But if it involves talking, bits, and doing this "yo yo" gesticulation like a mentally disabled person, then it's shit. Some of you may be too young to remember that this is what killed MTV before it went full retard.

orcinator

Liturgist

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone knows if Cyberpunk will have realistic ballistics ie - I with a anti materiel rifle can kill enemies behind armored walls? And snipe enemies from one side of night city to another?

JDR13

Arcane
Anyone knows if Cyberpunk will have realistic ballistics ie - I with a anti materiel rifle can kill enemies behind armored walls? And snipe enemies from one side of night city to another?

I don't know about "armored" walls, but there was a scene in one of the early gameplay videos that showed the player being able to shoot through walls to hit enemies and vice versa.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I watched the 48 minutes gameplay. Tbh the gunplay looks great and the weapons looks unique enough. It have alot of mobility like sliding in slomo (remind me of vanquish) also homing bullets, armor piercing shotguns, etc.

Definitely still hyped for it.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I watched the 48 minutes gameplay. Tbh the gunplay looks great and the weapons looks unique enough. It have alot of mobility like sliding in slomo (remind me of vanquish) also homing bullets, armor piercing shotguns, etc.

Now watch the 2019 E3 trailer, to keep your hype in check.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

The cinematic trailer?

It's just dumb cinematic trailer but i dont see anything that feels like anything is taken away from the gameplay unless there are some new video that i dont know that show dumbed down gameplay.

Dodo1610

Arcane

The cinematic trailer?

It's just dumb cinematic trailer but i dont see anything that feels like anything is taken away from the gameplay unless there are some new video that i dont know that show dumbed down gameplay.

There is only the e3 2017 trailer and this one

This is part of a longer presentation that CDP has been showing on gaming events all over the world but never uploaded it for some reason.

Zer0wing

Cipher
This is part of a longer presentation that CDP has been showing on gaming events all over the world but never uploaded it for some reason.
Which one? The one most in europe saw haven't seen the confrontation with Sasquatch and Netwatch agent presented in this deep dive thingie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom