Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Games becoming phenomena before release just means too many people have too much free time. Those pathetic normies over there ought to leave the games to us gaymers. Right men?

Naraya

Arcane
the lack of whining (last post was 10 days ago wtf) makes me post something/anything to keep this thread relevant :)

Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

How about... NO!

edit: Honestly though, why I'm getting these kinds of warnings only on rpgcodex? What's going on here behind the scenes? What's even funnier - my workplace VPN blocks this site but not sites like https://www.gamesradar.com/edge for example :D

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I believe it. Sounds like the head guys are assholes who reap the rewards while the grunts slave away in the trenches. So just like Rockstar, Bungie, Naughty Dog, Bioware, and pretty much every other “big” company. I don’t get how the higher ups can look at this as sustainable.
Lol if it wasn't Rockstar and other big fish would be long gone, tell me which buisness doesn't work like this. :deathclaw:

Recent example:
"Boeing's fired CEO got his $62 million payout confirmed the same day 2,800 people in the 737 Max supply chain were laid
off"

https://www.businessinsider.com/boe...-same-time-thousands-layoffs-2020-1/amp/?IR=T

"Three years later, the engineers’ union went on strike over bonus pay and cuts in health coverage. James Dagnon, another Boeing executive, said that engineers had to accept that they were no longer the center of the universe. “We laughed,” Sorscher recalled. “This is an engineering company — these are complex, heavily engineered products. Of course we’re the center of the universe. But he wasn’t kidding. We didn’t get it. Who is the center of the universe? It’s the executives.”

:hero:

Which leads to

702162955.jpg

The executives shouldn't be blamed though, the fault lies with stupid company policies that enable such ridiculous bonuses in the first place.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I'm more hyped than ever. If CP2077 fails, that's gonna be one of the most epyc Codex review that has potential to kickstart another Oblivion review-level drama.

Zer0wing

Cipher
In what sense
As a game and a worthy successor? It's the first AAA game based on Cyberpunk PnP, Mike Pondsmith only gave his permission to develop one to CDPR because he thought they're worthy. If it turns out not so great, fans will roast him. DataFortress2020 (biggest CP 2020 fanmade resource page) admin sure does smell some shit for example.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Chances of it being a financial success are pretty damn high. Chances of it being a decent AAA action game are moderately high but far from guaranteed. Chances of it pleasing people into the PnP game or with high RPG requirements... who the fuck knows. Going by Witcher 3, pretty iffy.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Chances of it being a financial success are pretty damn high. Chances of it being a decent AAA action game are moderately high but far from guaranteed. Chances of it pleasing people into the PnP game or with high RPG requirements... who the fuck knows. Going by Witcher 3, pretty iffy.

Guess which one of those is least important to AAA publishers and devs?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm more hyped than ever. If CP2077 fails, that's gonna be one of the most epyc Codex review that has potential to kickstart another Oblivion review-level drama.

Nah even if it will be shit Codexers will suck its dick because of CDPR and/or Poland

Quite the opposite. Even if it's good, Codexers will cry and bitch that it's decline.

Good means different things to different people. The best case scenario is a polished ARPG that sticks to its PnP roots.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Good means different things to different people. The best case scenario is a polished ARPG that sticks to its PnP roots.

Early reports were that it's an open world action Deus Ex, and though people around here love Deus Ex I'm sure they'll complain about that endlessly because of the words on the title screen.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

People who still expect "muh faithful PnP RPG adaptation" or "this is based on CP so it must be RPG heavy" needs to get a realty check.

Since announcement we know that it will be The Wticher 3 level in regard of RPG system,. At best we would have something like Deus Ex: HR or MD level of multiple way to finish a quest.

The only important thing left is whether the narrative department can write something to support the game as this will be the 1st major non Witcher game by CDP.

Harthwain

Magister

Early reports were that it's an open world action Deus Ex, and though people around here love Deus Ex I'm sure they'll complain about that endlessly because of the words on the title screen.
My money is on CP77 being larger version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, rather than being anywhere close to Deus Ex (2000).

Modron

Arcane
Thinking larger version of Human Revolution is still overly optimistic in my estimation, I just can't imagine them having even that level of exploration, alternative routes, and secrets in a GTA game outside of some set mission pieces. I mean I would be happy to be wrong and the game is full of a million secrets and tangled mess of alternative routes to explore especially in regards to the vertical axis.

JDR13

Arcane
If it's anything like a modern Deus Ex game, I'd rather it was more like Mankind Divided. That game felt more like a real world than Human Revolution did.

I don't get why people think Human Revolution had any significant degree of exploration or secrets. It didn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom