Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
It will be great gaming experience, thats for sure.
Trailer and ammount of details on every screen makes head hurts, im sure it will be good,
easy action crpg like Witcher 3 ripped off from more complicated mechanics , and rpg standards
but still an excellent action crpg, that will sold well to hyped masses. Same shelf like Mass Effects, Fallout 4 and others action crpgs .

But i will love a fantasy/ dark fantasy / steampunk/ historical / setting A LOT more ,
with heavy, dark story and less flashy estetics plus hell loads of hardcore rpg standards.

I Wonder about size of a game, too many too big games last years, i mean games with lot of space and too much to do , and i never have time nor will to finish them .

Here we have: Punk Theft Auto In the Shell 2077 , im not hyped, im happy but calm, game like many others. And dat awful electro "music" .

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like it is real trailer on their engine.
You can see city lod popin after Cyberpunk2077 logo after he when he slams gas. Also shadow flickering here and there.

I thought this was already explained as them being forced to switch to a new directX version, basically nuking a bunch of their planned graphics effects like burnable things etc?

More like new consoles at the time not having power to run it. Remember that PS4 and Xbox witcher 3 run at 25 fps with dips to 20-15 here and there. What you are talking is about before when they switched to new renderer.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
not some dystopian grey world filled with doom and gloom?
Well, it doesn't have to be grey but it certainly needs to show the hopelessness better when it pretends its setting is set in the city that has the highest poverty rate and whatever else.
You know, poverty and lack of civilization looks more disgusting in the real world.
More like this.
FMyxrZV.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

whole game has a GTA vibe. If it really is an open world GTA style game, it could be a megahit

himmy

Arcane
lol @ people saying this is going to be a cyberpunk GTA like it's a bad thing. I'll take a high production value cyberpunk GTA clone any day over whatever half-baked infinity engine nostalgia project that thinks more words = better writing the "troo arpeegee" community is going to get wet over next.

Quillon

Arcane
looks too colourful for a cyberpunk game

want to dig up the quote where the devs told years ago that they want to make a colorful vibrant world and not some dystopian grey world filled with doom and gloom?

also the 80s was full of color, so in that line it fits

On the other side, it has Pondsmith's seal of approval, so they make a mishmash of the fuck they want

It can be colorful with doom & gloom at the same time tho but I don't really care, all I wanna know is how much choice will be there, MC better be custom for starters.

jungl

Augur
I rather it be a first person/third person rpg fps like GTA or yakuza but somehow combining this open world design with level design and rpg mechanics of dues ex and system shock. Im sick of action rpg games, japanese and eurojank.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
whole game has a GTA vibe. If it really is an open world GTA style game, it could be a megahit

It will be a GTA style game if the combat will be real time with over the shoulder camera shooting at enemies taking cover besides barrels.
And you can bet your ass it will be so.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks whos broke the bank.

CB2077 at the top everywhere. Every other game including Halo Infinite, Gears of War5 which were annouced today for first time waaaay behind it. CDPR is going to earn monies.

duke nukem

Augur

It will be a GTA style game if the combat will be real time with over the shoulder camera shooting at enemies taking cover besides barrels.
Nope, in combat the camera goes into isometric mode and turn based system will be activated.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
CB2077 at the top everywhere. Every other game including Halo Infinite, Gears of War5 which were annouced today for first time waaaay behind it. CDPR is going to earn monies.

It blows my mind that during the same presentation that saw announcements of both new HALO and Gears 5 it's this that gets the last word and is probably the most discussed thing released so far. Crazy when you think about it.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

Nope, in combat the camera goes into isometric mode and turn based system will be activated.

Yes, because they want to cater to the 12% who want this, and doing so they will sell the game making a whooping $350 000 000 in deficit. :)

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

It blows my mind that during the same presentation that saw announcements of both new HALO and Gears 5 it's this that gets the last word and is probably the most discussed thing released so far. Crazy when you think about it.
I understand people might be surprised by halo being overshadowed. But gears of war? That franchise lost steam a long time ago. It's actually a wonder they bothered making a fifth one, maybe they're clinging to this garbage because the xbox lacks exclusive games.

Perkel

Arcane

I understand people might be surprised by halo being overshadowed. But gears of war? That franchise lost steam a long time ago. It's actually a wonder they bothered making a fifth one, maybe they're clinging to this garbage because the xbox lacks exclusive games.

Last game of the show is usually ultimate exclusive that is supposed to make every console fanboy howl like a madman.
What MS actually did was basically ignore their own biggest games and give CDPR best spot there is.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
not some dystopian grey world filled with doom and gloom?
Well, it doesn't have to be grey but it certainly needs to show the hopelessness better when it pretends its setting is set in the city that has the highest poverty rate and whatever else.
You know, poverty and lack of civilization looks more disgusting in the real world.
More like this.
FMyxrZV.jpg

Capture777.png

let's play the game where you count the litter in this scene but nobody cares because they still have a shittone of work to do for this game

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When I said I'd be happy with a GTA V type open world with Desu Ex advancing mechanisms, I ddin't mean quite this. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom