Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1st person is definitely the right choice.
If I have to choose between 1st and 3rd... I don't know, melee combat has been shit in every 1st person game I've seen it, yes, including KCD.

Quillon

Arcane
1st person is definitely the right choice.
If I have to choose between 1st and 3rd... I don't know, melee combat has been shit in every 1st person game I've seen it, yes, including KCD.

It's not like there'll be melee duels in a game like this, if you can reach an enemy while sneaking/under gun-fire you should be able finish him off without much effort.

Herumor

Scholar
The reason is we want to make the most out of the months of work we put into the demo and first showcase gameplay live at E3 and gamescom. Releasing gameplay right away would make the gamescom presentations pointless and would significantly limit our chance to build hype. Why do we need to build hype? To get more gamers interested in CP2077 and, hopefully, convince them to give it a go.

I understand they're a company, that their primary goal is to make money, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. What else will they hold back in order to build hype as the release date approaches? A single gameplay demo can't tide them over until April next year.

some funny shit

Scholar
A single gameplay demo can't tide them over until April next year.

AAA developers #1 rule:
- If real gameplay looks crappy bullshit audience with cinematics or fake gameplay demos as long as you can.

You might hate Bethesda but you must admit they are not afraid to show crappy gameplay.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Did they change the beginning part of the game again? Or scrap all of those alternative mission outcomes.

How can i get immersed in the game with real life Keanu Reeves actually walking around in it?

The same way you deal with it if you are having the first date with a hot babe?

Jerk off before you start the game.

The next thing you know the game is filled with all kinds of big name stars you will feel like you are watching a edgier version of Oscar.

And then I play the game and I don't recognize any of their $$$ actors.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I smell here biggest disappointment since Watch Dogs.
I mourn for the people who expected anything from Ubisoft with Watch Dogs.

It's not like there'll be melee duels in a game like this, if you can reach an enemy while sneaking/under gun-fire you should be able finish him off without much effort.
For the record, I thought I was posting in the BGIII thread, but the point still stands :D

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Like what ? Game is done in city and will be roling with a lot of cramped spaces. If you have 3rd person camera then you need high as fuck roofs which destroy atmosphere because otherwise camera can't work inside building. It is know problem for decades at this point.
If they would pick 3rd person camera they would have to shy away from most of interiors.
Yeah! Like... how you just cant enter any interior in Witcher 3 amirite!!!

DECADESSS!!! Centuries even maaaannnn!!!

The video and gameplay snipets literally show you stabbing people with scissor arms, being grappled and choked, pushing someone into a wall and judo throwing him over the shoulder, slicing off his arms and stabbing, boxing and punching and whipping someone with a glowing whip.

Herumor

Scholar
Did they change the beginning part of the game again? Or scrap all of those alternative mission outcomes.

I think Dex's betrayal comes after the stuff we saw in the 48 minute demo last year. After all, you only do that mission as a test for Dex, so he can see if you're worth shit. Then later on probably comes this mission that results in Jackie dying and Dex betraying you. Also, should be noted that Dex probably always meant to fuck you over - remember how he sent you to that Maelstrom gang and when you bring up his name, it's clear there's bad blood between them.

some funny shit

Scholar
1560141138310.jpg

:lol:

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think Dex's betrayal comes after the stuff we saw in the 48 minute demo last year. After all, you only do that mission as a test for Dex, so he can see if you're worth shit. Then later on probably comes this mission that results in Jackie dying and Dex betraying you. Also, should be noted that Dex probably always meant to fuck you over - remember how he sent you to that Maelstrom gang and when you bring up his name, it's clear there's bad blood between them.

I dont think any of that is scripted. It very probably just an example of C&C they are going for.

Abhay

Augur
Trailer looked fantastic in details and visuals but wasn't as great as previously released trailers to get hyped about the game, not even Keanu's presence.

The only info I am glad to know is the date of release.

Need a few gameplay videos before I decide to pre-order.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah! Like... how you just cant enter any interior in Witcher 3 amirite!!!

Every single one of them has high as fuck ceilings and every cave is a fucking monster of a cave.
This what i am talking precisely about.

Now try to do that to some small china ramen shop and don't make it 10 story mcdonalds

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Every single one of them has high as fuck ceilings and every cave is a fucking monster of a cave.
This what i am talking precisely about.

Now try to do that to some small china ramen shop and don't make it 10 story mcdonalds
Its like you never played W3, or you are just intentionally going completely stupid to protect a false nonsensical excuse for FP pov.

10 story mcdonalds? Thats not even a laughable over exaggeration.

I mean, even In Fallouts you could get into small cramped spaces, while none of the w3 interiors has any strange dimensions and its all seamless, even if you use mods to distance the camera much further from Geralt. What the fucking fuck are you on about?

And why would any of that require the godamn stupid box around my head?
Thats the constriction i mentioned, the dumb square you look out of. Fuck you and your First person view mate, alright? What do you think, youre the only one who played some shooters?

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
The video and gameplay snipets literally show you stabbing people with scissor arms, being grappled and choked, pushing someone into a wall and judo throwing him over the shoulder, slicing off his arms and stabbing, boxing and punching and whipping someone with a glowing whip.

So? Do you expect there'll be close-quarters-struggling mechanics in the game now that they showed it in their CGI trailer? If your character has the mantis blades and got in melee range of an enemy, he'd make short work of it as we saw in the gameplay video from last year, granted the enemy is just a guy with a gun, not in an exoskeleton or robot or that netrunner(?) chick. Main threat is people with guns in a game like this, you are in danger at any range before closing the distance somehow so once you done it, you already passed the challenge and earned your kill, potentially failing at melee would be un-rewarding when you could just used covers & shot him to death from range.

Tho if boxing is a mini game PC can participate, I guess they could apply it to other melee weps as well, they did the opposite in W3(derived boxing from melee combat).

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I must be the only one that doesn't get the hype for Reeves.

Because he picks roles he gives shit about
Because he played in matrix and playing in CB2077 will give people what they always wanted from him.
Because he is genuinely amazing human being.
Because he is perfect fit for CB2077. Out of all holly stars he would be my first choice to get in game if needed.

Either way CDPR again shows that they are gods of PR. Kyun is right now everywhere.
I thought it's obvious that this is from Johnny Mnemonic to Johnny Silverhand, rather than Matrix?

There was even a monofilament whip iin the trailer somewhere, wasn't there?

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Not gonna lie, when I saw an in-game Keanu my willy moved a little.

CDPR are extremely cheesy and predictable, but at the same time good at what they do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom