Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
76qiakkism331.jpg

codex proclaimed "jackass" actually is a nice guy. CDPR will use it more for PR stuff, but in case i like, it always think it is a win-win situation for everyone.

a lesson to not judge random stranger you barely know, no?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ohohoho. We have the finger laser whip thingy from Jhonny Mnemonic at 0:17. Awesome.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
What was meant by "Tired understanding of cyberpunk"?
I used Google the find the source and my question was not answered.

Some idiots believe that Cyberpunk means fighting evil mega-corporations so they are angry that V is "amoral" and works with them.
The whole transphobia thing is so insane, they believe just because some GOG marketing guy made a dumb joke last year that CD Projekt as a whole is transphobic.

And let's not forget that the Restera mob doxxed some CD projekt employee.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That was a mono-molecular whip you ignoramus.
Not a "laser" one. You cant bend light like that.... unless its a led whip, which wouldnt have that much of an effect.

So this is a homage of course, or Mike ripped off Gibson... which would be a surprise, right? Lets call it an energy whip. Plasma whip if you want to be fancy.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What was meant by "Tired understanding of cyberpunk"?
I used Google the find the source and my question was not answered.

Some idiots believe that Cyberpunk means fighting evil mega-corporations so they are angry that V is "amoral" and works with them.
The whole transphobia thing is so insane, they believe just because some GOG marketing guy made a dumb joke last year that CD Projekt as a whole is transphobic.

And let's not forget that the Restera mob doxxed some CD projekt employee.
Yeah, the cringefest that we saw after Witcher 3's rise to fame will only get worse with a Sci-Fi game in a setting where real-life political and social critique have always been a thing.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Funny how GOG can be both transphobic when it comes to CP2077 and SJW when it comes to not publishing Grimoire...

Why is Keanu Reeves in the game now?
Someone in the marketing department connected the dots between Johny Mnemonic, Matrix and John Wick. As a result you have E3 crowd screaming like bitches on a boysband concert, so I guess marketing-wise it was worth it.

That was a mono-molecular whip you ignoramus.
Not a "laser" one. You cant bend light like that.... unless its a led whip, which wouldnt have that much of an effect.

So this is a homage of course, or Mike ripped off Gibson... which would be a surprise, right? Lets call it an energy whip. Plasma whip if you want to be fancy.
That's a Kendashi Monowhip that's been in P&P CP2020 sourcebook (Blackhand's Street Weapons, 1995) written by the same dude that did Maximum Metal and the first Chrome book. Altogether they pretty much gather up most worthwhile cyberpunk tech concepts from popular books and movies, so it's pretty obvious that Gibson's monomolecular wire from Johnny Mnemonic was included.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
so it's pretty obvious that Gibson's monomolecular wire from Johnny Mnemonic was included.

Yeah. Its obvious. Which is - why i said what i said. And why JC mentioned it. We know. Yet you sound like you think you are telling me something i dont know. Is that helmet a bit too tight?

Its a homage if we are being kind. Ripoff in truth, just like the whole PnP is.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Yeah. Its obvious. Which is - why i said what i said. And why JC mentioned it. We know. Yet you sound like you think you are telling me something i dont know. Is that helmet a bit too tight?

Its a homage if we are being kind. Ripoff in truth, just like the whole PnP is.
Or maybe it's you that should've been roaming some literature oriented forum instead? Read the first three letters. RPG, there, not that hard. And CP2013 was the first RPG in cyberpunk setting so it was exactly meant to incorporate all those influences. Very few RPGs are based on a completely original setting, and it takes them years to refine it to be on par with book established ones, and even so, loads of major concepts like dragons or cybernetics are spread across whole genres. What I am writing, are the exact counterparts of mentioned concepts as existing within the CP2020/77 setting this thread is dedicated to.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
On the matter of the RPG acronym not being presented in the games description:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...from-game-description.11007682/#post-11565388

Cyberpunk 2077 will be a true RPG. There will be choices and consequences, character development, dialogues and many other features that define the genre. Don't worry!
upload_2019-6-11_13-48-7.gif

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...dyskusja-ogolna.7901440/page-61#post-11564989

(Translation not mine)

Cyberpunk will be a pure RPG that our studio is known for. Choices and consequences, character progression, dialogues and all kinds of mechanics typical for the genre will be in the game. Please, do not worry.

Take those as you will...

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
On the matter of the RPG acronym not being presented in the games description:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...dyskusja-ogolna.7901440/page-61#post-11564989
(Translation not mine)
Cyberpunk will be a pure RPG that our studio is known for. Choices and consequences, character progression, dialogues and all kinds of mechanics typical for the genre will be in the game. Please, do not worry.
Take those as you will...

The polish wording is a bit more ensuring:
'Cyberpunk 2077 będzie RPGiem z krwi i kości, z jakich znane jest nasze studio. Wybory i konsekwencje, rozwój postaci, dialogi, oraz wszystkie charakterystyczne dla tego gatunku mechaniki znajdą się w grze. Proszę się nie martwić. '

Cyberpunk will be a RPG from blood and bones (of an RPG ), that our studio is known for. Choices and consequences, character progression, dialogues and all kinds of mechanics typical for the genre will be in the game. Please, do not worry.
The polish use of 'from blood and bones' is referring and reinforcing on something that is real (not necessary only pure) and true to its detail and not a ghost or fata morgana or wishful thinking.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I wonder why they need to emphasize so much on CP2077 being trve-RPG. That's not what Witcher 3 was famous for to be remarkable at and did just fine.

Efe

Erudite
what do you think they should do? praise and put the shooter mechanics and action packed combat to forefront, for an rpg?

Well, they've mostly shown us a shooter. So they have to tell about how it will be an RPG. If they'd shown us lots of dialogue options and branching quests then they wouldn't need to tell us it's an RPG, it would be self-evident.

Quillon

Arcane
If they'd shown us lots of dialogue options and branching quests then they wouldn't need to tell us it's an RPG, it would be self-evident.

Haven't you watched the 50 min gameplay reveal? It was all about C&C after getting the mission from Dex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom