Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 - now with Keanu Reeves - coming April 16th

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Azazel, Jun 10, 2018.

1. toro Arcane

toro
    There are no games which are actually using those features.

^ Top  
  2. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv

Wait for Stadia and play it in 4K/120 FPS on Experimental Ultra on your 100 inch TV
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 4
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-e3-2019-demo-looks-like-deus-ex-with-an-unlimited-budget/

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-fly-swim/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • incline incline x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    someone buy me a better computer

• gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • No x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Whipped Cream Literate

Whipped Cream
    Ray tracing is just a gimmick at the moment. It gives a tiny increase in visual fidelity at the cost of tanking your FPS. You'd rather want to use that computing power to increase your FPS or your resolution instead. Hence why even though I personally have a RTX2080 I'm planning on playing Cyberpunk 2077 with ray tracing off.

Don't get me wrong, ray tracing is the future, but to fully utilize it to its full potential you need 1. a ton of computing resources that at the moment are better spent on doing something else and 2. you need to create the entire game from the ground up with RTX in mind, not as an optional extra. Hence why even though next-gen consoles will have ray tracing capabilities expect it to largely be a marketing gimmick (the true gamechanger with nextgen consoles will be the SSD, the whole 8K 120fps ray tracing crap is just marketing bullshit).

As for Cyberpunk 2077's spec requirements: its difficult to say at the moment, but if your rig runs Witcher 3 without any problems you will probably be fine. Remember that The Witcher 3 already had to be downgraded to work on current-gen consoles and Cyberpunk 2077 has to work on the same consoles. The PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be the same as the console version except with bigger crowds, higher FPS and resolution possibilites and a gimmicky ray tracing option in the menu that gives a tiny increase in visual fidelity at the cost of tanking your FPS, similar to the way Nvidia Hairworks was a performance-tanking gimmick in The Witcher 3 and übersampling was a performance-tanking gimmick in The Witcher 2.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    ^ Top  
  6. Arulan Arbiter

Arulan
    I've been going through some of my Cyberpunk 2020 books.

[​IMG]

What are you doing?

Just programming.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Carrion Arcane Patron

Carrion
    I don't buy the Deus Ex comparisons. Based on what they've shown to the public, the game looks nothing like Deus Ex. Not really even Human Revolution or Mankind Divided.

Swimming is nice, though.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. what am i doing Learned

what am i doing
    I'm hoping it'll turn out as EYE-like as possible, personally.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    accurate depiction of my face when trying to fix a bug created 30 years ago by people I've never met

• Funny x 13
    • Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. tripedal Learned

tripedal
    accurate depiction of my face when trying to fix a bug created 6 months ago by myself but I forgot it was my code and then I looked at git-blame

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-vehicles/

• Funny x 3
    • incline x 3
    • decline x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Arulan Arbiter

Arulan
    Did anyone else refuse to whistle (unless in earshot) for your horse in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

I suppose it at least makes sense in the setting. Tesla vehicles can pretty much already do this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    That’s scaling equipment to your skill level man, that’s decline.

• Despair x 3
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    • No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. S.torch Learned

S.torch
    ^ Top  
  16. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    So basically GTA

This game is becoming more of an RPG every day

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Funny x 3
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Xeon Liturgist

Xeon
    Would be kinda cool to see a sequel in Japan or China.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Quillon Cipher

Quillon
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    agris: Hey there man. Do. Do you have one of them. Quieters. Keeps the gun quiet. Like a hose. You got a hose? And I'll take a 9m bullet. No just the bullet. 9mm? No. I want the full 9m. I don't go cheap on my firepower man, ha-ha. And gimme one of them binoculars. No not that one you dummy. The one that goes on the gun. Like this. I guess I could put that one on the rifle. If I put the butt in my chest I can look through the binoculars? Ha-ha alright man, 20x zoom. Fucking sick, man.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Dropping some reluctant programs off at the pool.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    The Yahtzee video is funny because it points out how these choose how you play games are always stealth or shoot and knockout or kill which doesn't mean anything in terms of consequence. These things aren't inherently bad or wrong but, I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will be an MGSV in terms of gameplay mechanics, interaction and systems so it will be a pretty but useless open world filled with linear quests.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    I have a feeling that a lot of people hoping for some sort of in-depth "RPG masterpiece" instead of a GTA-like with handlers and missions are going to be very disappointed around Launch around here.

Regarding Expansions, I never really understood why more "Open World" game companies don't do this. RockStar tried with "Episodes from Liberty City", but a game such as this if well received would be very suitable for telling 2-3 more "stories" of different characters and classes, whether that's a Judge Dredd-like Cop/Law Enforcer having to deal with the dregs of Night City, a Corpo having to set up deals and navigate a world of corporate intrigue and politics to come out alive and on top or a Cyberhacker/Trauma Team member with a lot of fitting missions and a mini-campaign around the respective job or whatever else with their own (shorter) content. They could even overlap the main campaign so there'd be opportunities for Player character Cameos and dead/otherwise dealt with popular characters reappearing.

It's pretty stupid not to do it at the very least until people are bored of it, after you've spent the better part of a decade developing a hopefully believable "Open World" with micro-details, polishing up your engine to display all that, all the required gameplay systems around shooting/driving/hacking and whatnot, UI/skill systems and everything required. You've got major characters and locations down, a lot of assets modeled, a cast of actors that you could reuse in different contexts and you could develop new gameplay systems, characters and storylines as required for the specific campaigns which would be a lot easier than starting anew. Instead you're just going to throw it out into the world once after a lot of hype, maybe release an Expansion with a few additional missions and start anew with an entirely different game right away, throwing all of that high-detail content and all the work done on the hub, world and characterization for a decade away?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DavidBVal 4 Dimension Games Patron Developer

DavidBVal
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    My guess is that some of the quests will be decent and with multiple solutions, at least, but 80% will probably be "missions". We should have Witcher 3 as a reference of what this game will be, for good and ill. Personally, even if I am sure it's a great game for most people, couldn't play W3 for more than 3 hours before giving up on silly cutscenes, so I guess I am out of luck.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Multiplayer & Microtransactions became so successful that R* gave up on Single Player expansions

• decline decline x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    WOW a new start location! Now I can go to the only available quest at the start from the north, OR from the south..

or maybe... call me crazy.. but JUST MAYBE, we can approach it from west or the east!

• Funny x 8
    • butthurt x 2
    • honk honk! x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)