Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ChildInTime

Learned
"The Humanity Cost mechanic we saw in E3 gameplay has been removed (they confirmed it in the Q&A after deep dive). It's more straightforward now. Basically you have slots for argumentation in your body and you can fill them with certain amount of cyberware and upgrades."

lol

ELEX!!!!

69577965_2323685417679595_5545270758772572160_o.jpg
is
screen-shot-2018-08-27-at-10-28-44-am-1.png
You got a timestamp for it in Q&A video? Cause I'm not watching a whole hour of their autism.

Zer0wing

Cipher
"The Humanity Cost mechanic we saw in E3 gameplay has been removed (they confirmed it in the Q&A after deep dive). It's more straightforward now. Basically you have slots for argumentation in your body and you can fill them with certain amount of cyberware and upgrades."

lol
So how would they balance out strong cyberware now? By nerfing the existing strong ones? Insignificant upgrades for the sake of upgrading wasn't that appealing even in PnP, the whole point was to be better and better.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I have to say the first time I saw the protagonist's appearance, it was off-putting but after seeing the gorilla from the "deep dive" video, it looks charming now. I hope that remains the default appearance.

I also think the looks of a young Jesse Pinkman are more well suited
hqdefault.jpg

lol

ELEX!!!!

69577965_2323685417679595_5545270758772572160_o.jpg
is
screen-shot-2018-08-27-at-10-28-44-am-1.png

This was in the back of my mind. I wanted to post about this but then I gave up cause it's not so important.

Basically I agree, they took inspiration from Hollywood actors ... which is not bad to be honest.

Gerrard

Arcane

lol
So how would they balance out strong cyberware now? By nerfing the existing strong ones? Insignificant upgrades for the sake of upgrading wasn't that appealing even in PnP, the whole point was to be better and better.
What do you mean: balance out? You'll be able to get all the best shit, obviously. We wouldn't want people missing out on content now, would we?

Prime Junta

It's one thing to make it unbalanced token mechanic, like the witcher 3 talents, another to cut it out entirely.

The precedent for this kind of mechanic isn't really encouraging. VtM:B had it and it was completely ignorable, they might as well have cut it for all the good it was doing. If they realised it wasn't panning out I'm all for removing it.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
another to cut it out entirely
CDPR is clearly learning from Bethesda. Too busy making a shitty multiplayer mode that nobody will play and coming up with new ways to get the non-existent tranny demographic excited for your newest shitshow instead of implementing interesting mechanics?

Cut important features out and make trash, except no modding support because fuck having a free QA department, our games are unbalanced garbage by design! Who cares so long as you can choose your pronoun?

And then release Cyberpunk 2076, the all-multiplayer spin-off and watch your reputation go up in flames.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's one thing to make it unbalanced token mechanic, like the witcher 3 talents, another to cut it out entirely.

The precedent for this kind of mechanic isn't really encouraging. VtM:B had it and it was completely ignorable, they might as well have cut it for all the good it was doing. If they realised it wasn't panning out I'm all for removing it.
Well, I begin to wonder what is actually panning out in Cyberpunk 2077? Bullet sponges and wooden vehicle handling?

Prime Junta

Well, I begin to wonder what is actually panning out in Cyberpunk 2077? Bullet sponges and wooden vehicle handling?

I already listed them earlier: at least four different character builds (netrunner, stealth, gunslinger, melee) with four different styles of gameplay to support them (with almost certainly good possibilities for various hybrid builds), CDPR style C&C, and atmosphere.

Danikas

Arcane

I already listed them earlier: at least four different character builds (netrunner, stealth, gunslinger, melee) with four different styles of gameplay to support them (with almost certainly good possibilities for various hybrid builds), CDPR style C&C, and atmosphere.
There's also techie class that uses that spider robot from the demo.

Prime Junta

I filed that under netrunning -- it seems to me they've merged the two, with netrunners fucking with people's implants also. Would make sense as it would not be fun to play as a fat pasty nerd who can't do shit in meatspace. Could be I'm wrong though.

Danikas

Arcane

I filed that under netrunning -- it seems to me they've merged the two, with netrunners fucking with people's implants also. Would make sense as it would not be fun to play as a fat pasty nerd who can't do shit in meatspace. Could be I'm wrong though.
"As the name suggests, the Techie specializes in the physical technology in Night City. As a Techie, you'll be able to "dabble with cables and whatever [else that] drives machinery," said senior level design Miles Tost. Techies get access to a companion called Flathead, a spider-bot that's really just "very sophisticated military hardware." It's an autonomous robot that listens to your commands, which allows you to send it out to manipulate devices or cause malfunctioning objects to fall on enemies. Flathead is added on top of the various skills afforded to the Techie, which CD Projekt Red didn't divulge too much of."

This is from article posted 01/09/2019. I think techie focuses on hardware while netrunner focuses on software.

MadorBF.jpg

Skill check for engineering.

Last edited:

Ereshkigal

Educated
Removing the humanity cost of cyberware sounds like a decisive dumb-down.

If you wanna get those AAA sales you gotta tailor the game for AAA audiences.

It's not even that, I don't think the average dudebro cares about this stuff, it's just another instance of CDP caving to the demands of the noisy twitter minority like the spineless cucks they are. Forget about them being "based", they sold their soul a long time ago and now want to be the new Rockstar.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, the removal of humanity is literally meaningless at this point. Getting cyberware in 2020 lowered your humanity and this did two things: for every ten points you lost, you’d lose 1 point of Empathy, one of your core stats. And if your humanity got low enough, you’d get cyberpsychosis.

But they removed cyberpsychosis for the player a while ago and they also got rid of Empathy (I think it’s been rolled into Intelligence and Cool to the extent there will be any empathy-like checks at all).

In other words, Humanity in CP2077 was already just a bunch of cyberware slots. We’ve known there would be no trade-off for getting cyberware for over a year. This is just changing the label of a vestigial mechanic.

tl;dr old news

Kaivokz

Arcane
I have to say the first time I saw the protagonist's appearance, it was off-putting but after seeing the gorilla from the "deep dive" video, it looks charming now. I hope that remains the default appearance.

I also think the looks of a young Jesse Pinkman are more well suited
hqdefault.jpg
Nah, that's Sean Gunn, can probably find a picture where he looks almost exactly the same from guardians of the galaxy.
Screenshot_2019_06_12_14.01.33.0.png
MV5BNjZmMWE0N2UtYTc5Yi00OWY0LTk1MzAtMzgwNWM0OGU3MTc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

theLorry

Educated
Nah, SLI is barely supported by Nvidia and devs anymore, many games dont even recognize SLI and those that do, they get alot of stuttering as pretty much 99% of games don't use SLI well. He should go TITAN RTX/Quadro or bust.
Really? That sucks! The concept of upgrading your computer by getting a second identical card a few years after the first, at a significantly lower price, seems like a good idea to me.

Neerasrc

Learned
We saw Orianna in her first witch 3 video. Can we see the "police" class in the first video of Cyberpunk 2077?

First video: (Watch to the last second)

This is a bonus.
6p37oghs64u11.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
Really? That sucks! The concept of upgrading your computer by getting a second identical card a few years after the first, at a significantly lower price, seems like a good idea to me.
That's why jews from Nvidia decided to stop supporting SLI and only reserved NVLink to higher-end GPUs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom