Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Public 45 minute gameplay presentation at EGX and MCM Comic Con London:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...is_coming_to_EGX_and_MCM_Comic_Con_London.php

CD PROJEKT RED announces plans on Cyberpunk 2077’s presence at this year’s EGX, taking place October 17th - 20th and MCM Comic Con, taking place 25th - 27th October in ExCel, London.

The public will be able to watch 45 minutes of live Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay in a custom built 200+ seater cinema on the game’s booth, with presentations taking place multiple times throughout the day during both EGX and MCM Comic Con.

Attendees will be invited to come to the CD PROJEKT RED booth once the show opens and book a timeslot — returning at their designated time to see the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demo. New time slots will be made available each show day, with wristbands being allocated from opening on a first come, first served basis.

Find out more about Cyberpunk at EGX at https://www.egx.net/egx/news/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-shown-at-egx-2019

Find out more about Cyberpunk at MCM at https://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/news/watch-cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-footage-at-mcm-london-comic-con

Cyberpunk 2077 will release April 16th, 2020, for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with the recently announced version for Google Stadia set to launch the same year. For more information regarding the game, follow Facebook, Twitter, and cyberpunk.net.

Zer0wing

Cipher
By public they meant those who bought tickets and attended to this particular comic con? Well, it is sort of specific public.

BTW, ~50/50 that I'm goind to attend to one of those cons, what questions should I ask CDPR representative?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
By public they meant those who bought tickets and attended to this particular comic con? Well, it is sort of specific public.

BTW, ~50/50 that I'm goind to attend to one of those cons, what questions should I ask CDPR representative?

What is an RPG? is one

and who are thir paid shills around here?

jf8350143

Liturgist
So only 200 people will get to watch the "public" game play, and more than half of them probably journalists.

Who is in charge of the marketing, check his background and make sure he isn't a spy from Bioware or Bethesda. The goodwill is starting to wear off very quickly.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I don't get why they don't release a 15 min non-scripted demo in huge event , throw ''this is beta build and can deviate from the launched product'' on the screen and let players toy with combat, stealth, etc. It's always this super evasive shit when comes to this game.

FF7 Remake comes close to this and it's showing the good looking combat and cinematic right and left for everyone even let people playing it in events. This would let people get the right expections and say what is feeling good or not , just like in KH3 pre-release events.

Sentinel

Arcane
It's not really super evasive. There's 1 hour of gameplay footage out already. That's more than most games get. It just isn't looking impressive at all and you're desperately wanting for them to release mind blowing footage, when it's never going to come.

jf8350143

Liturgist
It's not really super evasive. There's 1 hour of gameplay footage out already. That's more than most games get. It just isn't looking impressive at all and you're desperately wanting for them to release mind blowing footage, when it's never going to come.
There is only 15 minutes of montage. The previous 48 minutes means jackshit at this point because they are constantly removing features in the last year.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CDPR want to be sure that whoever sees this and writes first impressions has no chance of being someone who knows something about RPGs, or games in general.

just

Liturgist
I don't get why they don't release a 15 min non-scripted demo in huge event , throw ''this is beta build and can deviate from the launched product'' on the screen and let players toy with combat, stealth, etc. It's always this super evasive shit when comes to this game.
coz people would realize that it's shit

Modron

Arcane
Because developers figured out selling dreams moves more units than providing concrete demos.

passerby

Arcane
The video might contain some fascinating information, but I cannot listen to that girl. I tried.

I've watched one of her videos in the past, much shorter than this one... You can safely assume you are not missing out on any fascinating information.

Gerrard

Arcane
n3xktnf.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
During the presentation of the Polish localization of Cyberpunk 2077, the head of the game development Adam Badowski told a few stories about the creation of the game.

First, Adam says, the CD Project RED screenwriters wrote the story for a female hero. After this, the version of the story was adjusted to the male character.

It is interesting that the romantic themes for the main heroes of the game were described separately. You could assume that the male and female heroes could twist the novel with different lengths.

Another interesting point is related to the localization of the game. Especially for Cyberpunk 2077 in the studio, they developed a technology that can generate real-time true-to-face facial animation based on the text. This technology can adapt across all languages on which the game will be released. For the generation of animations, we use a specially developed command CD Projekt RED neural network that analyzes the sound of the desired language.

Also, the official Twitter of Cyberpunk 2077 revealed the names of three actors of the voice acting of the Polish version of the game
https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...anu-reevesa-w-cyberpunku-2077-po-pols/z01cc72

Old or not?

Dodo1610

Arcane
During the presentation of the Polish localization of Cyberpunk 2077, the head of the game development Adam Badowski told a few stories about the creation of the game.

First, Adam says, the CD Project RED screenwriters wrote the story for a female hero. After this, the version of the story was adjusted to the male character.

It is interesting that the romantic themes for the main heroes of the game were described separately. You could assume that the male and female heroes could twist the novel with different lengths.

Another interesting point is related to the localization of the game. Especially for Cyberpunk 2077 in the studio, they developed a technology that can generate real-time true-to-face facial animation based on the text. This technology can adapt across all languages on which the game will be released. For the generation of animations, we use a specially developed command CD Projekt RED neural network that analyzes the sound of the desired language.

Also, the official Twitter of Cyberpunk 2077 revealed the names of three actors of the voice acting of the Polish version of the game
https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...anu-reevesa-w-cyberpunku-2077-po-pols/z01cc72

Old or not?

Reminds me of Assassins Creed Odyssey where Kassandra is the canon hero in that game but they decided to put Alexios on the cover.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Reminds me of Assassins Creed Odyssey Kassandra is the canon hero in that game but they decided to put Alexios on the cover.
To me, Torment: Tides of Numenera came to mind first. Default player character was also female. It's also an epic fail regarding writing.

Beggar

Cipher
Does anyone really expects anything good from this game? It's gonna be average at best. Made only for idiots

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom