Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
But she's got the dangerhair so doesn't that mean she'll be ok?
nice.png

Or is that considered Jokerhair now?
honkhonk.png

Mixed signals for sure.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Chromanticure. It's got what plants crave.

And apparently it will also give your girlfriend a penis (or from the looks of it, two penises). I guess with the tight outfit and penis in front, then that means the only USB port is in the back.

Screw Chromamanicure. At least I still have some BRAWNDO stashed away.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-dev-talks-multiplayer-microtransact/1100-6470514/

Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Talks Multiplayer, Microtransactions, Next-Gen Consoles, Switch Port Possibility, And More

CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 is one of 2020's most-anticipated games, and it came to PAX Australia this week in a big way for its first public showing in the country. On PAX Aus Day 1, CD Projekt Red filled the Melbourne Convention Centre's biggest theatre with excited fans who got the special treat of seeing nearly an hour's worth of gameplay footage that showed off more of Night City and a number of new abilities.

Also in Melbourne for PAX was CD Projekt Red's John Mamais, the head of the company's Krakow office. The studio is creating about one-third of the content for Cyberpunk 2077, while it also developed the game's new cutscene technology and other aspects of the title. GameSpot spoke with Mamais--who has been with CDPR since 2011 when he was a producer on The Witcher 2--and he told us more about local issues like potential censorship from Australia's Classification Board, mutiplayer support for Cyberpunk 2077, and the possibility of a Nintendo Switch port.

In terms of potential censorship of Cyberpunk 2077 in Australia, Mamais said he does not think the game will have any issues clearing the local Classification board like other titles, including South Park: The Stick of Truth, have in the past.

"I was [concerned about censorship] because I know Australia has issues with drugs and the other thing is sexualised violence--those are the two things that can kill your product [in Australia]," Mamais said. "But I've been looking into it [over] the last couple of days. It seems like we're safe. You don't get rewarded for [using] drugs as far as I know in the game. The player doesn't do any kind of sexualised violence at all where it's really tasteless; we wouldn't do anything like that."

On the subject of multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077, Mamais teased that CD Projekt Red as a company is now finally expanding enough to be able to work on multiple AAA games simultaneously. One of these could be a multiplayer-focused Cyberpunk game, though it could also be a Witcher title, a new IP, a licensed game, or something else entirely.

"It's public knowledge that we want to make multiple AAA titles at the same time in the company. We haven't been able to but now we're growing to a certain extent and we might be able to do that in the future; at least we hope so," he said. "We'll see how well Cyberpunk does. It's not for me to say what they'll be. I can tell you what I hope they'll be. I like Cyberpunk, I'd like to keep making Cyberpunk games. I also like The Witcher, I'd like to keep making Witcher-type games. It could be anything. Some new IP or some licensed IP. Who knows? It's not decided yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 is set to launch in April 2020, which is a few months before the PlayStation 5 (which is now officially confirmed!) and the next-generation Xbox are expected to release in Holiday 2020. Mamais didn't confirm if Cyberpunk 2077 will be upgraded or improved for these consoles, but he said more powerful systems will afford CD Projekt Red a number of new and exciting opportunities.

"It's going to be awesome," Mamais said of the coming next-gen consoles. "It's always cool to have new consoles coming out and I can't wait to work on those things. We'll see what we can do with those. It's fun watching games evolve; they're looking more and more realistic, which is--I like working on games like that. The more powerful the technology, or the consoles, the more it is [good] for me as a game developer."

You can check out the biggest talking points from our interview with Mamais about Cyberpunk 2077 below. The game is slated for release across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in April 2020.
On Potential Australia Censorship

I was [concerned] because I know Australia has issues with drugs and the other thing is sexualised violence--those are the two things that can kill your product. But I've been looking into it [over] the last couple of days. It seems like we're safe. You don't get rewarded for [using] drugs as far as I know in the game. The player doesn't do any kind of sexualised violence at all where it's really tasteless; we wouldn't do anything like that.

On Multiplayer In Cyberpunk 2077

It's public knowledge that we want to make multiple AAA titles at the same time in the company. We haven't been able to but now we're growing to a certain extent and we might be able to do that in the future; at least we hope so.

We'll see how well Cyberpunk does. It's not for me to say what they'll be. I can tell you what I hope they'll be. I like Cyberpunk, I'd like to keep making Cyberpunk games. I also like The Witcher, I'd like to keep making Witcher-type games. It could be anything. Some new IP or some licensed IP. Who knows? It's not decided yet.

On Microtransactions

I think it's a bad idea to do microtransactions after you release a game. It seems like it's very profitable, though. It's probably a hard decision for the guy that runs the business to decide if we should do it or not. But if everyone hates it, why would we do something like that and lose the goodwill of our customers?

On Post-Release Plans For Cyberpunk 2077

[The Witcher 3's free DLC with big paid expansions] was a good model for us; it worked pretty well for The Witcher 3. I don't see why we wouldn't try to replicate that model with Cyberpunk 2077. We're not talking about that yet, but it seems like that would be the smart way to go.

On Confidence In Hitting April 2020 Release Date

A lot of people do [feel good about the April 2020 date and] some people are scared about the date. It's a normal kind of mixture of feeling about that date in the studio. That's the directive; we need to keep that date.

On The Vibe At CD Projekt Red Right Now

Everyone is working really hard right now because it's a tight deadline for us; the game is really big and large-scope. We're pushing it to the wall. I guess the vibe in the office is there's always a level of excitement there based on results that we get from going to conferences like this [PAX Aus] and seeing people really excited about the game. So that keeps the hype up but it also puts some pressure on, so that's kind of the vibe. You're in a vice, in a way, which takes its toll on the team but there is ... a healthy, extrinsic kind of pressure to make [the team] really excel.

On CDPR Krakow's Specific Contributions To Cyberpunk 2077

In terms of content, maybe it's about a third of the game [developed by CDPR Krakow]. We're doing some specific things. For Cyberpunk, for the narrative part, for the cinematic part, there is something new called a Scene System. It's like our dialogue and cinematic system that occurs within the context of the gameplay of the game. It's really important because one of the pillars of the development of the project is the idea of full immersion and this new Scene System is all about full immersion. You don't break into a letterbox formula and see this cutscene taking place, you're actually in the cutscene and you can control the character or the camera, there are different levels of control depending on the cutscene. It's fully immersive; it doesn't take you out of the experience at all. So we're doing that and also other things too.

On The Power Of New Consoles

It's going to be awesome. It's always cool to have new consoles coming out and I can't wait to work on those things. We'll see what we can do with those. It's fun watching games evolve; they're looking more and more realistic, which is--I like working on games like that. The more powerful the technology, or the consoles, the more it is [good] for me as a game developer.

On What He's Personally Learned From Working On Cyberpunk 2077

Something that we need to do better, from my perspective, is finish story sooner. Story is so important to the process for the games we make. We iterate on it quite a long time. Since everything else revolves around the narrative, the sooner it's brushed up the better it is for the development of a game. It's a catch-22, you don't know [how good the story is] until you get it in the game and start playing quests and see how it feels. If something doesn't feel right, you have to change it again. So it's kind of a tug of war. The more you can get done up front, conceptually, and locked in, the better off you are.

On Feature Creep

It's very controversial in a way, for game development in general, feature creep--how do you control it. Sometimes you can control it and sometimes you can't. It depends on if a director thinks we should do something or whomever thinks we should do something and it doesn't fit the schedule, it's like, if it's good enough you have to make it fit the schedule by pushing something else out or you have to confront the idea and say, 'Okay we're not going to do that, we can't afford to do it.' Unfortunately, it's not so black and white. Sometimes you have to do everything, and it requires more work.

On A Possible Switch Port Of Cyberpunk 2077

Who would have thought a game like The Witcher 3 would be possible on Switch, so who knows? I guess we'll see, if we `decide to put it on the Switch, if we can do it. Probably not.

On If There Will There Be Multiplayer Support For Cyberpunk 2077 At Launch

No

On The Netflix Witcher TV Show

We're friends with those guys--it's Platige, the guys who worked on a lot of cinematics for us in the past. We're not involved with that series at all in any way as far as I know. Maybe some kind of personal connections in the studios, but not in any official capacity.

On The Reaction To Keanu Reeves In The Game

I think the deal is kind of locked down. We defined what his role was going to be and we're sticking to that. But the reception has been huge. I didn't expect it to be so huge. [The marketing team] are probably sitting around now thinking about what else can we do with Keanu because it was so well received.

On The Story Of Cyberpunk 2077

On the surface it's a pretty simple story. I hope I'm not saying too much because the story is implied in the marketing material at PAX--it's about this immortality chip that it's like a quest of yours to find this technology. The whole story revolves around this tech, and I can't give anything else away about this idea.

On The Stakes For Cyberpunk 2077

It's really important for the studio. We don't want to fail at this. I don't think that would be very healthy for the studio. The studio is comprised of other kinds of companies as well but the majority of our people are working on Cyberpunk. There are a lot of internal financial expectations for it to do well.

Why He Loves Making Games

The stuff we're working on is really cool. Technology is really interesting, to be part of the way things are evolving technically. As hardware grows, so does the software and the tech around it. To see this stuff come to life and to be part of that process is really interesting. It kind of becomes your life. You sign up for that when you get into this because, and I don't mean to sound too arrogant, but it's kind of like a higher art form in a way. So it's cool to part of that process.

You sacrifice some things to do that and be part of that. There are a lot of people who come into the industry that are fresh; they don't really understand what it takes to do it. So we get a lot of new guys coming in, and they go, 'Oh god, this is like too much.' But then we have other guys come in from Rockstar Games, and they're like, 'This is not even crunch!' We're doing the best we can to keep the work under control. But sometimes when you're doing some big-ass game like this, it's not always possible to do that. It takes really hard work to make it really awesome.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Cucking out to appease Australia and their idiocy, drumming up mutliplayer nobody wanted or asked for and confirmation the game is being designed chiefly for the PS4 and XBox One toasters (since the fact the PC is an already existing powerful system doesn't even register in their minds).

The more these clowns talk about the game, the less excited I get - and it's obvious it's true for most people - the more they show of it, the more ambiguous audiences feel about it.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
confirmation the game is being designed chiefly for the PS4 and XBox One

I mean really, this will keep happening for all of your games until consoles as a concept died out lol.

Any AAA devs will want to have their game on as much as audience as possible and tuning up your game on the grounds up for the lower spec machines will result in less time being spent shaving shit offs your build later.

And having tuned up to consoles probably will make the game runs better on mid range PC as well which is a plus audience wise. After all devs are not developing game for PC hobbysist with high end rigs only.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
will make the game runs better on mid range PC as well
If only most console ports didn't run like shit on PCs that have hardware well above the supposed minimum requirements, and that's ignoring the detrimental effects, in both complexity and scope, developing for shit console hardware has on he end product.

What really irks me is how they keep kvetching about the new possibilities offered by the "power" of the PS5, yet they didn't even consider implementing those for the PC, when it was the PC audience that put them on the map.

I guess when the first pictures of the hambeasts on their payroll appeared the writing was already on the wall for the company. I should have known CDPR was doomed when Marcin came out as a vegetarian. The soy and lack of real food has already atrophied his brain into that of a liberal.

Now all that remains to be seen is how quickly they'll catch up to BioWare at the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
What really irks me is how they keep kvetching about the new possibilities offered by the "power" of the PS5, yet they didn't even consider implementing those for the PC, when it was the PC audience that put them on the map.
Wrong. For example, DXR on PC (if you'll have GPU with dxr support in April) will be available from the get-go while there's no definitive release date for PS5 port (which has raytracing support). 4K@60FPS gaming is dependent on you and how you manage game settings, not the developer. Any decent Ryzen 5 or 8xxx/9xxx i5 paired with 2060S or better will give you better experience without the need to wait until Soyny releases PS5.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Cucking out to appease Australia and their idiocy, drumming up mutliplayer nobody wanted or asked for and confirmation the game is being designed chiefly for the PS4 and XBox One toasters (since the fact the PC is an already existing powerful system doesn't even register in their minds).

The more these clowns talk about the game, the less excited I get - and it's obvious it's true for most people - the more they show of it, the more ambiguous audiences feel about it.

That's because of the setting. Confused? Angered? Disappointed? Excited? Ambivalent? That's ok.

It's the future!

The only thing more triggering about what is is what isn't.

Anton_Celeron

Novice
And having tuned up to consoles probably will make the game runs better on mid range PC as well which is a plus audience wise. After all devs are not developing game for PC hobbysist with high end rigs only.
Having the game developed for the consoles, doesn't guarantee better relative perfomance, compared to the pc exclusives. It all depends on devs optimization efforts for wide hardware range. What it likely guarantees, that the game will be less memory limited(in terms of amount required of gpu and ram)

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/photo-contest/

The world of Cyberpunk is closer than you think. Grab a camera, capture the dark future all around you, and let everyone see the Cyberpunk side of your neighborhood for a chance to win one of our prizes.

HOW?

SUBMISSION PHASE

Find somewhere in your area with a true Cyberpunk vibe, then take a photo that best captures it. Submit your entry before 16.12.2019 23:59CET. For more details, check out our FAQ.

VOTING PHASE
Submissions from all around the world will be displayed in the gallery. Cast your votes by picking up to 5 photos that feel the most Cyberpunk to you.

WINNERS
Three top prize winners will be chosen by our jury, while 10 more participants will receive prizes from community voting — including one community ‘main prize’.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
The complete set of rules and regulations for the Cyberpunk 2077 Photography Contest is available here

MAIN PRIZES:

1ST PLACE
  • 4K USD
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition (on release)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Adobe Creative Cloud license
  • VIP Bomber Jacket
  • Bag with Cyberpunk swag
2ND PLACE
  • 2K USD
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 S
3RD PLACE
  • 1K USD
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 S
COMMUNITY VOTING PRIZES:

1ST PLACE
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • VIP Bomber Jacket
2ND-10TH PLACE

passerby

Arcane
They were always like that since the beginning. Don't you remember W1 - RPG Redefined :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom