Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

JDR13

Arcane
I'm not familiar with the PnP game.. where is this set?
On Earth or some alternate reality/timeline?

In a city in California called Night City.

hexer

Could Night City be a reimagining of LA then?
I wasn't 100% sure what was going on because the default protagonist looks like a Slav to me.
At least he looks like some people I use to see on the streets here where I live

On Earth in an alternate timeline. The Soviet Union
reorganized instead of collapsing, for example, although it's now mostly a puppet of a petrochemical company, SovOil.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So they have money to waste on retarded marketing stunts, woke shit and expensive VAs, but they're cutting content from the game left and right with every new update.

hexer

So they have money to waste on retarded marketing stunts, woke shit and expensive VAs, but they're cutting content from the game left and right with every new update.

maybe they're doing it on purpose so they can make DLCs from cut content

Quillon

Arcane
I liked when the character rode near some dudes & had conversation whilst on the motorcycle.

typical user

Arbiter

Could Night City be a reimagining of LA then?
I wasn't 100% sure what was going on because the default protagonist looks like a Slav to me.
At least he looks like some people I use to see on the streets here where I live

IIRC LA got bombed to ground during corporate wars... Night City too but it got rebuilt. It was just a fancy way for Pondsmith to erase all the crap for upcoming books and PnP. Well my guess is CDP is polish so their designers see a lot of slavs and that's why male V appears that way.

Could also say poster boy looks like Geralt with cropped brown hair and a douche jacket.

I'd say the car is the game's cooler icon so far, but then I also wouldn't buy a first person platformer on the basis of a cute asian girl's face plastered all over the marketing material.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Getting information where you can - Italian localization voice actors:

https://wccftech.com/keanu-reeves-l...ch-he-had-his-characters-screen-time-doubled/

Keanu Reeves Loved Cyberpunk 2077 So Much He Had His Character’s ‘Screen Time’ Doubled

Keanu Reeves is a busy actor these days. The success of the John Wick trilogy propelled him back at the forefront of stardom again and now he's got hot projects on his plate, such as The Matrix 4 (where he'll reprise the role of Neo) and the greatly anticipated game Cyberpunk 2077.

With regards to the title in development at CD Projekt RED, we just learned a bit more about the actor's involvement in Cyberpunk 2077. According to TGCOM 24 journalist Gian Luca Rocco, who spoke with Keanu Reeves long-time Italian dubber Luca Ward at the ongoing Lucca Comics and Games 2019 convention, the Canadian actor enjoyed his Cyberpunk 2077 character Johnny Silverhand so much he actually pushed to get his 'screen time' doubled, which in turn doubled the number of dubbing hours Luca Ward had to complete.

We already knew Johnny Silverhand, the character played by Keanu Reeves, is the single non-playing character (NPC) with the most dialogue in Cyberpunk 2077. Now we know why - apparently, the star himself enjoyed the work and the character so much that the role originally devised by the developers had to expand accordingly.

Cyberpunk 2077 is due on April 16th, 2020 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A release on Google Stadia has been confirmed as well, with some analysts very bullish about the game's sales performance, pointing out that it could sell up to 20 million units in the first year.

Rev

Arcane
By the way, this is what the facebook post of Gian Luca Rocco means:

"Basically it goes like this.
We have Luca Ward (famous Italian voice actor who voiced Keanu Reaves and other well-known actors - note from Rev) with us. Why not take the chance to ask him about Cyberpunk? Well, my friends, the answers are exactly what I wanted to hear. From what he has seen, the game is amazing, he will lend his fantastic voice to Keanu Reeves as has been anticipated in the trailer, but the real news is that good ol' Keanu liked the game so much that he had decided to double his character's screen-time (therefore doubling the hours in the recording studio for Luca).
Well, let's hope 16 april comes soon."

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well we now know where the money is going.
This revelation tells a lot about CDPR, how much profit Witcher 3 alone generated and their priorities. Or lack of them. The game is six months away from release date but they keep burning money and staffs personal life on content. Of course Keanu couldn't miss the opportunity to earn additional money from poles. No wonder some of the staff questions April 2020 to be achievable release date.

Expect a buggy launch and wait another six months until a series of patches drops on this mess.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't remember what the case was with W1, but reminder that both 2 and 3 didn't come out without several months of delay. Their track record isn't very good when it comes to releases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom