Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

grimace

Arcane
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend."

So the protagonist is simply named 'V'

http://www.comingsoon.net/games/trailers/951759-new-cyberpunk-2077-trailer-revealed-at-e3

Squid

Arbiter
I'm still excited for this game but hope it's not too GTA like, I'd like to see actual gameplay

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Capture669.png

this is the player female character version.
I'll name her Roguey.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Hmn, must be custom protag then, goes for male and female,

five, comere! gimme five!

its five right? :P
-A roman citizen goes into the pub, shows two fingers pointed at opposite directions
-"give me five vines"

Hellraiser

Arcane
Wake me up when they say something about gameplay. Ideally I would like to see something in the vein of Bloodlines with its viability of the stealth/subtle approach (apart from the fucking sewers and the endgame) but with better shooting mechanics. I can settle for an open world action romp if the action part is good. Just no more dreadfully pointless exploration and loot of Witcher 3, that killed it more than the bland character system for me.

I don't give a rat's ass if it is too colourful or not, at least it isn't piss-filtered like Deus Ex: Human Revolution. They nailed the 80s futurism aesthetics.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I think it is obvious that the combat will turn around third person shooting mainly, with half-cooked melee close combat mechanics and stuff like that.

But who cares, this is supposed to be a RPG and RPG games always had shit combat mechanics. :troll:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend."

So the protagonist is simply named 'V'

http://www.comingsoon.net/games/trailers/951759-new-cyberpunk-2077-trailer-revealed-at-e3

Thomas Pynchon reference?

Perkel

Arcane
6YpikKz2SzAyUui3mwNqhA.jpg

all cityshots in trailer. Imo they are much closer to CB source book art than everyone gives them credit for. Look at left side of lower picture. Switch to night and you could almost perfectly replicate above art piece.
Trailer seems to show city only from one side of city + outscirts. City looks massive, waaaaaaaaaay bigger than Novigrad in TW3 and GTA5 one.

nC3yv4N.jpg

Cc8uDPp.jpg

jFhOjld.jpg

0qilNVI.jpg

VVnFPbD.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That first pic looks awesome. So late 80s. If only CDP's game turns out this good.

Keppo

Arbiter
They subverted expectations like David Lynch with new Twin Peaks and i love it. Fuck Blade Runner aesthetics-fags "muh night, muh rain".... The thing is, we still don't know anything about this game, trailer was cut very fast, in day light, i don't see bullshot like with Witcher 3 thankfully. Hopefully more in next few days.

Perkel

Arcane
They subverted expectations like David Lynch with new Twin Peaks and i love it. Fuck Blade Runner aesthetics-fags "muh night, muh rain".... The thing is, we still don't know anything about this game, trailer was cut very fast, in day light, i don't see bullshot like with Witcher 3 thankfully. Hopefully more in next few days.

That was in the day. In night it will look like one.
I am willing to bet GTA RPG.

edit: Was there any GTA RPG done before ? GTA4 i remember had like few C&C

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom