Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Big Wrangle

The stock of CDPR stopped progressing around July. Decrease is about 3% so far nothing that'll get people talking. Though I guess you can factor the underwhelming sales for Thornebreaker for future projection.

Perkel

Arcane
This must have caused heavy salivating among the investors.
I don't think the investors are doing anything but sweating profusely as the stock maintains its decline.
Does it? Why so?

card game didn't make a bank like predicted

Still anyone who invested in CDPR since last 5-10 years made multiples of their investement and you would have to be really fucking dumb to sell stock before CB2077 which surely will move more units than TW3.

Gerrard

Arcane
This must have caused heavy salivating among the investors.
I don't think the investors are doing anything but sweating profusely as the stock maintains its decline.
Does it? Why so?
Because it's overvalued and there's no reason why it wouldn't? The hike was based on hype and nothing else, they don't even have a tentative release date. Then the Sapkowki case happened. Then one of the directors sold all of his shares. Now they just released financial report 2 weeks ago and the poor performance of Thronebreaker didn't help.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Storyfags. Storyfags have ruined gaming. I have no doubt it will have great story, graphics, voice acting. But it will be a boring game to play, exactly like the Witcher 3 was a boring game to play. If Witcher 3 didn't have the story and characters, it would have been a niche game. I completed it 2 times and yet i don't remember anything about its combat system. Boring as fuck.

And now CDPR "focuses on the story".... Obviously. Another game to play and forget.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
lol, 60+ hours playing "ruined" games you profess not to like. Get a job dude. :lol:

The only reason i suffered through Witcher 3 was because of the world building, the story, and characters. I was already invested in the story since reading ALL the books and playing the prequels before most of you plebs knew Witcher was a thing. Sometimes i get the itch for a 3rd playthrough but when i remember how trash the gameplay was, i stop right there.

Still, i can't say i am interested in Cyberpunk in the same way. For one, cyberpunk as a genre sucks most of the time, unless it is Deus Ex, and i don't know if the story will be likeable. If the gameplay sucks, i will just uninstall. Like i do with most games these days.

Obvious troll is obvious

You keep using the word troll, i don't think you know what it means... A troll does not bother to explain his reasoning, moron.

filpan

Scholar
You keep using the word troll, i don't think you know what it means... A troll does not bother to explain his reasoning, moron.
Actually you are a dumb troll, because you said that great story makes a forgettable game. The Witcher 3 aint forgettable at all, you you just hate for no reason.
Combat is shit, I dont argue on that and probably wont play it again. But characters and story are great to me.

Mazisky

Magister
lol, 60+ hours playing "ruined" games you profess not to like. Get a job dude. :lol:

The only reason i suffered through Witcher 3 was because of the world building, the story, and characters. I was already invested in the story since reading ALL the books and playing the prequels before most of you plebs knew Witcher was a thing. Sometimes i get the itch for a 3rd playthrough but when i remember how trash the gameplay was, i stop right there.

Still, i can't say i am interested in Cyberpunk in the same way. For one, cyberpunk as a genre sucks most of the time, unless it is Deus Ex, and i don't know if the story will be likeable. If the gameplay sucks, i will just uninstall. Like i do with most games these days.

Obvious troll is obvious

The storyfags games like The Witcher 3, in the worst scenario they are just like very good movies who last 50 hours.

Still a better experience than 90% of games out there.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only reason i suffered through Witcher 3 TWICE was because of the world building, the story, and characters.
Yeah, I bet that exact same 30+ hour story was even more fascinating the second time, huh?

If the gameplay sucks, i will just uninstall. Like i do with most games these days.
That's pretty tough talk there mister. How many do you actually refund?

Last edited:

Alexios

Augur
Patron
I need someone rich to buyout paradox and hire CDPR to make a WoD game.

CDPR would stuff it with romance options and big tiddies for teenage fanboys to jerk off to and pass it off as "rich storytelling."

I need someone rich to buyout paradox and hire resurrected Black Isle, by fusing Obsidian and InXile into one, to make a WoD game.

Obsidian would make the protagonist purple-haired and gender non-binary and have the enemies be fluffy teddy bears so as not to trigger audiences with scary sights of vampires and werewolves.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I need someone rich to buyout paradox and hire CDPR to make a WoD game.

CDPR would stuff it with romance options and big tiddies for teenage fanboys to jerk off to

And that's... bad?

latest

Tytus

Arcane
Obsidian would make the protagonist purple-haired and gender non-binary and have the enemies be fluffy teddy bears so as not to trigger audiences with scary sights of vampires and werewolves.

So you are saying that they would stay faithful to the source material of the current edition of WoD? Great!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

So you are saying that they would stay faithful to the source material of the current edition of WoD? Great!

We don't mention nWoD in these parts.

Tytus

Arcane

Sadly any new game will be based on nWoD.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Quite the pessimist, aren't you? Look how Games Workshop are handling the games they license to devs. None of the new Age of Sigmar crap, just tried and true Warhammer Fantasy.

Tytus

Arcane

Quite the pessimist, aren't you? Look how Games Workshop are handling the games they license to devs. None of the new Age of Sigmar crap, just tried and true Warhammer Fantasy.

But they already starting to license games during the Shit Times like Vermintide 1 and 2.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
But they already starting to license games during the Shit Times like Vermintide 1 and 2.
IIRC Vermintide/Total War being end times is a decision from the devs, not GW. They play pretty fast and loose with it anyways, especially Creative Assembly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom