Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
But this isn't the game website

Big Wrangle

This is supposed to be an actual new edition of the tabletop, if I recall.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Found this on CDPR forums:

There is a link going around that leads to a cyberpunkred fake webpage that is not associated with either CDPR or RTalsorian. According to CDPR on discord, their legal department is already aware of it and looking into it. Please do not post the link. It will be deleted.
Can't be that site. All videos are old and just speculation based on PnP material. No leaks to be seen.

zapotec

Liturgist
I hope they will implement the following features:
  • Hitpoint based locations, this should merge well with the cyberware stuff, most important thing to do IMHO.
  • Ammo based damage as in the P&P, a 9mm pistol did the same damage of a 9mm SMG but while the former was easier to conceal and more accurate, the latter as an higher rate of fire and with possiblity of using a three round burst or going full auto. Armor piercing rounds should be in .
  • Cyberware, for me the premise is "Can i afford to lose another limb?" both in term of $$$ and humanity cost. So themes like "ohh but we are not human anymore" doesn't fit well when most of people has a processor in their brain/popstars have bionic arms and so on.
  • Losing humanity, humanity loss should be reflected in conversation dialogues.

zapotec

Liturgist

deusex-2008-01-25-04-29-13-74.png

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hitpoint based locations, this should merge well with the cyberware stuff, most important thing to do IMHO.

If they even implemet that, it will be an effort that would not be appreciated or reason to really exist because players can easily aim for the head / it's easy to do so.
For that to be important, the guns should have unpredictable spread whatever how good the player aims or crosshair independent movement for hard aiming. But because Tim Cain recently told us that this is a big NO NO in his "7 thing to avoid in a cRPG" presentation, I bet Cyberpunk will not have that.

Ammo based damage as in the P&P, a 9mm pistol did the same damage of a 9mm SMG but while the former was easier to conceal and more accurate, the latter as an higher rate of fire and with possiblity of using a three round burst or going full auto. Armor piercing rounds should be in .
If realism is to be desired, a 9mm bullet from a gun will have way less kinetic energy than a 9mm from a SMG (for details I will not get into)
Also is you're shooting at unarmored targets, subsonic soft bullets is to be desired.
But I doubt they will get all thoese details into consideration.

Cyberware, for me the premise is "Can i afford to lose another limb?" both in term of $$$ and humanity cost. So themes like "ohh but we are not human anymore" doesn't fit well when most of people has a processor in their brain/popstars have bionic arms and so on.
Like the Witcher series, in this game too money will not be an issue. Money is not an issue in any game. So you will be able to buy more limbs than you will need.
Being human is about having consciousness, empathy etc. ;having a chip in a brain it does not automatically make you non-human.

Losing humanity, humanity loss should be reflected in conversation dialogues.
If Elex dit it, I think this game will have it too. But expect it not to be too much of a big deal.

also... ELEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
because Tim Cain recently told us that this is a big NO NO in his "7 thing to avoid in a cRPG" presentation, I bet Cyberpunk will not have that.
Because everyone should follow what Tim Cain says, right?
I'll wait for Outer World to be released first before taking those "7 things to avoid in a cRPG" serious. Let's see if he himself is going to follow it.

passerby

Arcane
Besides, that chick is intolerable.
I liked her voice acting, and character writing will be the same for male with few lines changed here and there, so he will be intolerable too.
In fact almost every character was intolerable, this is their idea of cool. The only likeable yet not boring character in the trailer was Dum Dum, he did not deserve to die.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Because everyone should follow what Tim Cain says, right?

Yes, because I bet that Cyb2077 devs were at Reboot Develop 2017, same year when Cain spoke.
Moreover, I bet that an original Fallout dev is highly regarded in Eastern Europe, and when he speaks, everybody listens.
CD Projekt is located in Eastern Europe.
In '97, today's eastern lead devs were playing Fallout in "mom's basement" and because of it and other classic games, they got into the industry.
In Eastern Europe, Fallout 1 & 2 are cult phenomenons that are appreciated more than in the west.

Capture1212.png

Also there are fuckin guns with frackin' homing bullets for fuck's sake! :)

Let's see if he himself is going to follow it.

Of course he's gonna fallow it.
That whole speech was like a development document for Outer Worlds

Last edited:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Who is this woman?
She was likeable on playstation access. Very positive about Kingdom Come too with no hint of the SJW agenda nonsense. This could be a good hire by CDP as far as PR is concerned.

Yeah she's pretty cool. And she stay clear of all the sjw bullshit as well. And she was never irritating like most other females in the gaming industry. Great get for CDPR

msxyz

Augur
If I remember correctly this guy was in charge of the 'skeleton crew' that worked on Cyberpunk 2077 while the majority of the other developers were concentrating on The Witcher 3.

When CDPR finally started to work in full on Cyberpunk 2077, they basically scrapped whatever this guy and the rest of the staff had done, so I don't think money is the main motive. He has not been the 'creative director' in these past few years anyway.

Considering the 'legendary' status CDPR has attained after The Witcher 3 I bet even a janitor cleaning their toilettes could put that on the resume and hope for a better position elsewhere. :smug:

Paul_cz

Arcane
If I remember correctly this guy was in charge of the 'skeleton crew' that worked on Cyberpunk 2077 while the majority of the other developers were concentrating on The Witcher 3.

When CDPR finally started to work in full on Cyberpunk 2077, they basically scrapped whatever this guy and the rest of the staff had done, so I don't think money is the main motive. He has not been the 'creative director' in these past few years anyway.

Considering the 'legendary' status CDPR has attained after The Witcher 3 I bet even a janitor cleaning their toilettes could put that on the resume and hope for a better position elsewhere. :smug:
Afaik you remember correctly.
Badowski became game director after TW3's launch.
But Stepien was lead writer on TW2, which was written magnificently, so this loss sucks - particularly to blizzard, where creative talent goes to die.
Hopefully he will realize his mistake earlier than Boyarsky did.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

user

Savant
The creative director of 2077 has left for Blizzard it seems. Wonder if its just about money..

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-creative-director-leaves-cdpr-to-join-blizzard/
CDPR went so far down the rabbithole that even Blizzard seemed an improvement.
Yeah, it's not that Blizzard offers at least 2 times more salary and better working conditions than a polish company.

True... was looking at job listings in CDPR a while ago and both salaries and work environment/crunch times were pretty shiet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom