Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This will be delayed for release on next Gen consoles, witha possible version for end of life of current Gen. If it was coming out this year, they would be doing much more to hype what is invariably the biggest gaming release of the year.

Yosharian

Arcane
A lot of what passes for cyberpunk isn't really even cyberpunk. Having low-lifes in space or whatever with cybernetics =/= cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is specifically the fusion of late 70s and 80s burnout or punk counterculture meets the corporate culture meets "old" aka analog new technology

something like BR 2049 or the new Deus Ex is hardly cyberpunk
BR 2049, in addition to not being cyberpunk, is pure shit.

But even the original Blade Runner wasn't cyberpunk, anyway

KK1001

Arbiter
I agree with you on your first point. Blade Runner 2049 is fucking garbage.

Second, not so much.

EYppRL5.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Butthurt 2049 fans triggered. Haha. One of the worst sci-fi movies I've seen in my worthless life.

I am sorry but the data shows that the only one butthurt around here is you.
That's why you took time and effort to redundantly reaffirm your view when it was crystal clear for everybody that you experienced the same calamity as others did that went to see "Drive" expecting another installment from Fast & Furious movie franchise.
But don't fret no more!
I heard rumors that a Flash Gordon II is in the works and then the best sci-fi movie of that decade will be available for you to flaunt it on the internet.

Yosharian

Arcane
Butthurt 2049 fans triggered. Haha. One of the worst sci-fi movies I've seen in my worthless life.

I am sorry but the data shows that the only one butthurt around here is you.
That's why you took time and effort to redundantly reaffirm your view when it was crystal clear for everybody that you experienced the same calamity as others did that went to see "Drive" expecting another installment from Fast & Furious movie franchise.
But don't fret no more!
I heard rumors that a Flash Gordon II is in the works and then the best sci-fi movie of that decade will be available for you to flaunt it on the internet.
I loved Drive.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Didn't they already have a press demo last year in E3? There is no way they didn't have some kind of test version provided this year.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Didn't they already have a press demo last year in E3? There is no way they didn't have some kind of test version provided this year.
They did, they'll just show up with another demo this time, probably showing another part of Night City. This is a vicious practice of developing demos for E3 and other expos that further lengthens dev. time already used during the development of the 1st Witcher game. CDPR never learns.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Judging by how core gameplay mechanics from PnP were axed and how creative CDPR were with non-included six classes it shouldn't come using Cyberpunk name at all.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Instead of trying to be autistic in implementing pnp rules, their sole focus is trying to make the game fun to play. If someone wants an authentic cyberpunk experience, then they should play the pnp version.

Cdpr has done enough to merit my faith in them making a good game. Witcher 3 was a fucking masterpiece, and this is half as fun, then it's an automatic pre order.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Witcher 3 design director is on Cyberpunk 2077.

Explains the similiarities.... like how they've composed the skill trees and gameplay direction (fast combat, heavy combat, utility option 1, utility option 2) and itemization (epic - etc - weapons, leveled armors).

Zer0wing

Cipher
Explains the similiarities.... like how they've composed the skill trees and gameplay direction (fast combat, heavy combat, utility option 1, utility option 2) and itemization (epic - etc - weapons, leveled armors).
TrumpDisgusting.png

Instead of trying to be autistic in implementing pnp rules, their sole focus is trying to make the game fun to play. If someone wants an authentic cyberpunk experience, then they should play the pnp version.
Hey autist, CP 2020 is not Cyberspace '89. It's ruleset is already fun to play and with some creativity can be adapted almost 1 to 1 into an FPS-RPG format.

KK1001

Arbiter
The quest design and quest writing of TW3 is about its only strong suit and is actually quite good. The character writing is solid, too.

The open world, the combat, the progression and itemization system, and the balancing are really not good, probably below average and at times bad. There are way too many ways to bust the game wide openly easily and your progress doesn't feel solid. TW2 actually probably was better in this regard.

Shooting is an entirely different beast, and is way, way harder to fuck up than melee combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom