Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Witcher 3 had more content than I'd expect (even though it was quite uneven in its quality), it's entirely possible that all of this shit is just not a railroad demo thingy, if so - I'm sold. World looks nice, a lot of small details in how everything is presented, liked the whole takedown into hacking mechanic. Dialogues are not half bad either, combat looks alright, even tho I think they missed the mark a little with unlocking so much high lvl stuff early on, that auto-aim gun felt super cheap.

Every time I saw some little inconsequential animation like, doc throwing the screwdriver on the table or waitress serving the table it made me question how much time and manpower went into this, someone had to rig that shit, but then again, after W3 they are sitting on a fat stacks of cash and it looks like they are not afraid to burn it. The more details, the better. Hope the stealthy approach will be viable too.

Last edited:

kain30

Cipher
Yep, What i suspected since the trailer. GTA V meets Deus ex... I will still buy it if the quests are well done

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
a lot of small details in how everything is presented.
When that woman threatened you and the player took too long to give response then she asked again "I asked if you're here alone", is there any other game that did this before? Also HUD elements and subtitle get distorted after protag got whacked in the head, neat.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Boring early game cinematic experience quest mostly. It will be hard to judge if the shooting is brainless or not until the game gets released, smartguns don't give much hope but it depends how lethal the direct approach can be for V.

I would rather see stealth presented. At least there are two non-combat skills that seem to allow a stealthier approach.

C&C we will see and judge.

Hacking into the gang network looked nice, but it depends on what they do with it.

a lot of small details in how everything is presented.
When that woman threatened you and the player took too long to give response then she asked again "I asked if you're here alone", is there any other game that did this before? Also HUD elements and subtitle get distorted after protag got whacked in the head, neat.

I think Far Cry 5 had something similar, I wonder what would happen if you made her wait too long in this case tho (since in FC it was just a loop basically).

Perkel

Arcane
Looks amazing really. BUT.
I wonder how much of this is just presentation rather than gameplay and how that demo represents full game.
Obviously demo looked great and density of content was amazing but i somehow doubt they will be able to it like this for every quest.

Looks amazing really. BUT.
I wonder how much of this is just presentation rather than gameplay and how that demo represents full game.
Obviously demo looked great and density of content was amazing but i somehow doubt they will be able to it like this for every quest.

As mentioned above, W3 was pretty packed in this regard too and now they got both experience and cash to burn, seems quite possible.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DlnavJjXgAEiPZA.jpg

NullFlow

Savant
I would have appreciated seeing those choices and how much of a role-playing game it is apparently actually be displayed, rather than mindlessly repeated like a mantra. Would it be so difficult or spoiling if they cut to two or four screens showcasing how a different build could break out of the locked room or experience a dialogue moment differently?

I can only be so ambivalent about this because it looks like an upgraded Fallout 4 from what I've seen. It's still something I'll probably buy, but there is a bit of deflation after watching the demo.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
As mentioned above, W3 was pretty packed in this regard too and now they got both experience and cash to burn, seems quite possible.

I know that. My point is that it ain't Witcher3. You can't plop few randomly generated trees and pain some mountain as backdrop to quest, which is quick and easy to do (compared to this).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom